• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick your favorite Pokemon of each type with this easy image generator

Josephl64

si91tY5.jpg

Gen 1 - 8
Gen 2 - 5
Gen 3 - 2
Gen 4 - 2
Gen 5 - 0
Gen 6 - 0
Gen 7 - 1

Well I didn't really like gens 4-6, and found 3 to just be okay.

I loved gen 7, but it's hard for Popplio to compete with Lapras and the such.

dickroach

Had a hard time picking a favorite normal type actually, not so much with the others.

dkUibTy.jpg

Gen I: 4
Gen II: 2
Gen III: 3
Gen IV: 4
Gen V: 3
Gen VI: 2
Gen VII: 0

that polar bear one is so bad. I saw him for the first time when I was scrolling through the list. he looks like any generic character from a 2003 Cartoon Network show

Dantrist

Flying and steel types represent!

Was debating between Octillery and Suicune for the water type, but I gotta pick the octopus that can shoot ice beams and fire blasts out of a freaking canon that is his mouth. I love the idea of those beams coming out of there (same with Kingdra, which is great as well). Also it has a signiture move that has the coolest fucking name in the entire game yet is tragically underpowered: octazooka. Now there's a Pokémon that deserves an evolution.

It's a shame that they made Scizor's and Tyrannitar's Mega evolution so ugly, otherwise I would've picked those.

NnERqHl.jpg

edit:
This gave me something to do during a slow shift

7SofTqx.jpg

Gen 2: 3
Octillery has slowly worked its way up the list over the years
OblongCautiousEastsiberianlaika-size_restricted.gif

ffdgh

ZNTtvOf.jpg

Gen I - 3
Gen II - 2
Gen III - 2
Gen IV - 3
Gen V - 3
Gen VI - 2
Gen VII - 3

Pretty evenish representation for each gen.

Glad to see even a little Vanilluxe love! GOAT Ice type.

1deb9d1543ff890d5f919b11362a2014.jpg

Gen 1: 1

Gen 2: 2

Gen 3: 2

Gen 4: 1

Gen 5: 6

Gen 6: 3

Gen 7: 3

I absolutely love Gen 5 and most of my favorite Pokemon from it are also my favorite types. Krookadile, Vanilluxe, and Flygon are probably my top 3 of all time. Still, it was a difficult choice for many of the types. Grass, Water, Flying, Bug, Poison, and Fairy were the toss ups.

Neku89

Dq6nJwr.jpg

Gen 1: 2
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 0 (!)
Gen 4: 4
Gen 5: 7 (!!)
Gen 6: 4
Gen 7: 0

Well, that's... interesting. While I DO like gen5 more than the average Pokéfan, I never realized I like a lot of the Pokémon designs.

(My personal gen scale is 2 > 5 > 4 = 7 > 1 = 3 >> 6)

DImWMzOW4AA0BTz.jpg

Of these, Deoxys is my absolute favorite and has been since Gen 3, and it's probably obvious that I love Bug types and Gen 5. Still my favorite Gen thus far, and really hoping Gen 8 goes back to that style. I'm also aware I have some pretty unorthodox picks, but I love em all. Been playing since Gen 1 as well, so it's interesting to see that I skew towards the later gens so heavily. A lot of my runner ups would have evened out the playing field though.

Gen 1: 0
Gen 3: 2
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: 7
Gen 6: 1
Gen 7: 6

Thud

favoritesq9sw0.jpg

Picked the designs I like the most.

Gen I - 3
Gen II - 7
Gen III - 4
Gen IV - 0
Gen V - 0
Gen VI - 1
Gen VII - 3

I put Alolan forms under Gen VII.

6mTzwXB.jpg

Gen I - 4
Gen II - 9
Gen III - 3
Gen IV - 0
Gen V - 2
Gen VI - 0
Gen VII - 0

You can definitely tell that I started with G/S/C. I had a favorite for nearly every type for gen II, as I almost gave grass to Celebi, psychic to Espeon, bug to Scizor, etc. I really didn't like Pokemon from gens IV, VI, or VII (except Goodra and Greninja), and even though V is the only gen I didn't play since I didn't like what they initially revealed, I still think that B/W have some really good designs in retrospect.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Here's mine;

DIq3gNlW4AAmD5Z.jpg

I wanted to avoid repeating Pokémon one Pokémon would be picked to represent its line, I also wanted to at least have one Pokémon from each generation appear on the list, which proved hard for gen 6 and I had to remove Garchomp for Tyrantrum.

I don't count megas as their own Pokémon as I view them as a temporary form change so they were discounted, plus I don't view them as individual Pokémon or an evolution.

Fairy was also hard as I discounted any Pokémon from gen 1-5 that gain the fairy typing plus they are still new to me as I have only used 4 fairy type and all but one were dual type but in the end I felt that Alolan Ninetales was perfect to take that mantel as I when I first saw her I so wanted to add her to my team.

Gen count;

Gen I- 5
Gen II- 3
Gen III- 1
Gen IV- 5
Gen V- 2
Gen VI- 1
Gen VII- 1

Not surprised that gen I and IV got the most, though Gen V could have easily taken more had I allowed it.

woopWOOP

favorites.jpg

Gen I - 3
Gen II - 6
Gen III - 3
Gen IV - 0
Gen V - 4
Gen VI - 1
Gen VII - 1

I guess I've always considered gen II one of my favourites for a reason, lol.
Gen V coming in second is kind of surprising tho.
Had a hard time picking just one for Normal, most of my favourites are in there.

I like seeing some unexpected designs I dig popping up in multiple lists, the likes of Toucannon, Conkeldurr, Archen, Vanilluxe for instance.
I also find that someone else on GAF likes Gothitelle.

See for all the complaints you see (by people not following the series) about ice creams and garbage bags, those guys are still showing up while the actually forgettable bland stuff like.... Wormadam are no shows, I feel vindicated.

Was debating between Octillery and Suicune for the water type, but I gotta pick the octopus that can shoot ice beams and fire blasts out of a freaking canon that is his mouth. I love the idea of those beams coming out of there (same with Kingdra, which is great as well). Also it has a signiture move that has the coolest fucking name in the entire game yet is tragically underpowered: octazooka. Now there's a Pokémon that deserves an evolution.]

You pretty much described exactly why Octillery one upped my other potential water picks, sure Empoleon is a regal steel bladed penguin but he can't use an artillery gimmick to fire out flamethrower/signal beam/energy ball/sludge bomb/charge beam/ flash cannon. That's just next level versatility.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
See for all the complaints you see (by people not following the series) about ice creams and garbage bags, those guys are still showing up while the actually forgettable bland stuff like.... Wormadam are no shows, I feel vindicated.

Hell, the fact that people "know" about ice cream and trash bag makes it a point that their design still is etching to people's minds. Do people even care about Barboach?

Espada

Man, this was pretty hard to complete. Even with all the clever type shuffling I did, a bunch of my favorites were left out (really close seconds like Dragonite and Infernape). Normal and Water were brutal to choose from because those two types alone comprise a massive chunk of the total number of pokemon.

ldXkhaG.jpg

I really don't like any of the Dragon Type designs, but Dragonair is the best of the bunch. I'm not sure why the Dragon Type has the worst designs when they're based on one of the best mythical creatures.

J4IDGB6.jpg

Also there's not really any other Fire type I like other than Volcarona so it receives both my Fire and Bug categories, but I admit my traded Torkoal from Pokemon Soul Silver was good as fuck, but it's design is uninteresting. I haven't played X and Y so I have no attachment for Talonflame. Winter Sawsbuck is one of the best designs in Pokemon period. I would have put Porygon Z for that spot, but was lazy and that would mean having to change Decidueye to Ghost and Golurk to the Ground category.

Zelias

Banned
fp6CzZY.jpg

Normal was hardest... I don't really like it that much as a type. Rock too.

Gen breakdown (counting Megas and Alola forms as their base counterparts' gen of origin)
1: 3
2: 4
3: 2
4: 4
5: 2
6: 1
7: 2

*raises hand*

I love Whiscash too.

See, this is why I love threads like this and why I'm always a big advocate for bigger gens like Gen 5. No matter what Pokemon it is, there's someone who has it amongst their favorites. Lumineon, Wormadam, Qwilfish, Grumpig - you name it, someone loves it.

Hell I'm one of em too. Vibrava's one of my favorite Pokemon period and I've never seen anyone else care about it more than "that one between trapinch and flygon".

Alright, I got unlazy.

nKvoTQp.jpg

Sawsbuck [Female] (Bambi) <Big Root>
Horn Leech, Attract, Swords Dance, Jump Kick

Volcarona [Female] <Perache Berry> the one that reduces rock damage
Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Roost

Blastoise [Male] *Rain Dish* <Leftovers>
Hydro Pump, Iron Defense, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam

Porygon-Z (Glitch) *Download* <Normalzanium>
Recover, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Conversion 2

Jolteon [Male]
Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Double Team

Drowzee [Male] (Sandman) <Wide Lens>
Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Drain Punch

Hitmonlee (Bruce Bruce)
Hi Jump Kick, Fake Out, Rock Slide, Blaze Kick

Crustle [Male] <White Herb>
Shell Smash, Rock Tomb, X-Scissor, Earthquake

Golurk (Tommy)
Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Fly, Heavy Slam

Swanna [Female] (Natalie)
Rain Dance, Surf, Hurricane, Roost

Volcarona [Female] <Bug Nest>
Fiery Dance, Leech Life, Hurricane, Roost

Salandit [Male]
Toxic, Flamethrower, Sludge Wave, Dragon Claw

Greninja [Male] *Battle Bond*
Water Shuriken, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, U-Turn

Decidueye [Male] (Robinhoot)
Shadow Arrow, Leaf Blade, Confuse Ray, Synthesis

Alolan Ninetails [Female]
Blizzard, Moonblast, Encore, Freeze-Dry

Magnezone (UFO)
Discharge, Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Tri-Attack

Mimikyu (Pikaboo)
Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Swords Dance, Thunderbolt

Wichu

favorites.jpg

Gen I - 3
Gen II - 6
Gen III - 3
Gen IV - 0
Gen V - 4
Gen VI - 1
Gen VII - 1

I guess I've always considered gen II one of my favourites for a reason, lol.
Gen V coming in second is kind of surprising tho.
Had a hard time picking just one for Normal, most of my favourites are in there.

Quagsire, Sableye, and Maractus? You have great taste. Although Gogoat beats Maractus for me.

Here's mine:

qwol0eT.jpg

I don't really have favourites for Rock, Flying, Ghost (other than Sableye), Ice, or Steel, so I just picked a few that are cool.

Gen 1: 4
Gen 3: 1
Gen 4: 3
Gen 5: 2
Gen 6: 5
Gen 7: 2

Gen 6 was a great example of quality over quantity.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also glad people aren't just putting final evos. Like I like Galvantula, but Joltik is the bestest.

Top Bottom