• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick your favorite Pokemon of each type with this easy image generator

ColaVanilla

Neo Member
0041a7c114d7623accc0a7852eb6dcba.jpg

Gen 1: 1
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 2
Gen 4: 3
Gen 5: 3
Gen 6: 2
Gen 7: 1

Giga Man

This is really difficult because there are several Pokemon within the same type that I love more than Pokemon of other types, especially Grass type. (I really wanted to include Lilligant in this image.) I hate Poison types, so I just picked the only one worth a damn even though I never use any of them.

bxRDKBT.png

Drain You

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I gave up about half way through lol. Might try it again later, too many damned choices to make.

Aleh

79dcc6847b18a4c82ec3bc2348bb6a8b.jpg

Gen 4 is so good at a certain point I thought all my picks were gonna end up being from that gen lol

Parshias7

3a03d7c8759308b5304139dfe1361d1b.jpg

Some close ones in there, but here it is. Poison was probably the hardest to pick, since I wanted to pick something more closely main-poison than a sub type. (and I didn't want to put the same Pokemon in both their types)

Phu

Banned
Actually kinda tricky to build this list. Lots of close calls and had to do a bit of moving around to make as many as possible fit since so many of my favorites have overlap.

0abxgA3.jpg

Gen I - 3
Gen II - 4
Gen III - 3
Gen IV - 2
Gen V - 3
Gen VI - 0
Gen VII - 3

I reaallly liked gen 7 lol. I was conflicted on whether I prefer Crabrawler or its evo, but Crabominable doesn't get enough love. I kinda wanted to put Golurk for Ground to have a gen 5 mon there but my love for Torterra is too strong.

Red Devil

Had a hard time picking a favorite normal type actually, not so much with the others.

dkUibTy.jpg

Gen I: 4
Gen II: 2
Gen III: 3
Gen IV: 4
Gen V: 3
Gen VI: 2
Gen VII: 0

npplUOu.jpg

Gen I: 7
Gen II: 3
Gen III: 1
Gen IV: 0
Gen V: 3
Gen VI: 3 (although they are all mega forms of previous monsters)
Gen VII: 1

Tough decisions.

Madao

6n3i7Sf.jpg

my favorites don't seem to have a theme or anything.

also, 1/3 of them are from Gen 5. that's my favorite one so far.

spead:

Gen 1: 0 (1 if you count the base poke)
Gen 2: 0 (1 if you count the base poke)
Gen 3: 1 (3 if you count the base poke)
Gen 4: 2
Gen 5: 6
Gen 6: 5 (1 if megas are excluded)
Gen 7: 4

i usually trend to like newer pokes more.

sgjackson

bqI5jbg.jpg

Gen 1: 5
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 1
Gen 4: 2
Gen 5: 3
Gen 6: 2
Gen 7: 4

Nidoking and Sharpedo should also win the Ground and Water slots, but I picked my second favorite between their types so I could have a more varied list. Distribution is pretty even, which makes sense for me as I think Pokemon design has been consistently good throughout its history. I'm not super into Gen 2 so Skarm being the only rep doesn't surprise me (I was also split between Jolteon and Ampharos), but I rather like Gen 3 and I'm surprised I don't like more Pokemon from it more. This also made me realize how much I like regional variants as an idea.

Did it a couple of days ago:

hWDwLny.jpg

Victreebel and Persian were my boys in a recent Blue playthrough. Sandslash is my overall favorite.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ayyyy I already had my list done for a long time, but never found time to post; first time was when some gaffer was asking after Gen VI,
qJf0qep.png

and I decided to take liberties with post-Gen VII
6O7hQHt.png

I really like Gen VII

Pau

You'd think I've never played a game after the second generation. Although there are some types that I just haven't really gotten attached to any of the Pokemon. Particularly Fighting, Poison, Ghost, Dragon, and Fairy. The faves for some of those I associate more with their first type so it was kind of cheating.

Village

SaMP46X.jpg

It was hard to choose a " favorite" out of most of these, most of these would be different on a different day.

I really like pokemans

ebd05705f09393f3a948f9f0967ff249.jpg

Gen I: 4
Gen II: 1
Gen III: 3
Gen IV: LOL get fukt
Gen V: 2
Gen VI: 4
Gen VII: 2

Good even mix except for the dumpster fire of Gen IV. I kinda lump I and II together in my mind.

Good tastes here

Tougher than I expected. And yeah I like gen 1. :p

WTF we shared 9 choices

3aecaf8b912e8817bdf7421b8a76d3ff.jpg

Really hard to not pick Alakazam,but Mewtwo is unbeatable in Psyquic
Love Crobat,but unfortunetly share poison with Nidoking and fly with Lugia :/
Kangaskhan same case with Snorlax
Articuno same case with Cloyster
Blastoise is my favorite so everyone who chose it is my friend
Charizard X is the best dragon design by far,but Dragonite is my favorite,really like Rayquaza too,the orthers dragons meeh
Between Scyther and Heracross was a harsh decision
Gengar was the easiest choice
I am not a fan of dark and fairy types,so I just choice the best design from both

6V27s7i.jpg

i really like grass types and the grass starters, i also like reptile pokemon, don't know why i just do

Gen1-2
Gen2-2
Gen3-2
Gen4-2
Gen5-1
Gen6-5
Gen7-3

Khrno

I was expecting pictures to choose from, I barely know the names of 150 pokemons. And it's not like I know all the 150 from gen 1, just a bunch from each gen.

LaNaranja

RdTzVu0.jpg

Gen I - 7
Gen II - 0
Gen III - 3
Gen IV - 2
Gen V - 1
Gen VI - 4
Gen VII - 1

Gen one and six are the best, this is an indisputable fact.

Top Bottom