• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixel Junk Eden Thread of Spreading that Videogame Seed of Love

besada

Banned
Fantastic. Utterly absorbing. I just pissed an hour and a half away leaping from branch to branch, and suddenly I had five Spectres. Good to know I can delete the save and go again. I got four out of five in the first garden.

Pixeljunk will get more of my monies.

Zeliard

Seiken said:
Totally forgot that it had coop support... no one wanted to play Monsters with me ;( Got all rainbows alone...

I don't know how anyone can say that Pixeljunk games are even remotely casual, especially Monsters. That game is hard as fuck. And just as much fun.

I was always going to blind purchase this because it looked fuck awesome and any game by the developers behind PJM should be quite. It nice seeing all the great impressions of the demo to reaffirm my decision. I'd like to try the game but I don't want to get into it then not be able to continue.

Zeliard

One of the guys on one of the recent 1UP podcasts said that the swinging mechanic in Pixeljunk Eden makes the one in Bionic Commando: Rearmed feel like shit. I can believe it.

jaydogg691

Eden is a really great game. It took me a minute or two use to the controls, but once you get use to them everything starts to flow. The game also works well in multiplayer. My friend was able to get use to controls easily and we had fun getting all the Spectra. We both got sad when the demo was over and he told me to "get this fucking game".

Overall Edan is a fun pick-up and play game with a great presentation. The art style is unique and the soundtrack is nice. Hopefully the game ramps up in difficulty, but even with the short time I had it's definitely one of the top PSN games out there.

tanod

when is my burrito
grindamasta said:
Best demo of the year. Now to wait until SCEE release the game :(

I think flOw is better as a experience. In Eden you need to restart the garden if "time" is over, and then you remember that it's a game.

It's a WORLDWDE RELEASE! Yay Europe!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Added a youtube section in the OP. Only the best will make it there.

You have a week to start getting awesome. :D

Zoe

chubigans said:
You can also save a higher resolution version to your hard drive, but you will have to upload it manually to YouTube via PC.

Has this been confirmed somewhere? There's no difference in quality for the Mainichi videos.

chubigans said:
Added a youtube section in the OP. Only the best will make it there.

You have a week to start getting awesome. :D

I'm uploading a vid of one of the later levels now, It's not me being awesome but the level does have a gravity switch.

gururoji

Man, I only got to play 1 Spectra, so there's plenty more to play in the demo for me...but I already can't wait for the full game...and for future PixelJunk games! (Dungeons, right?)

jiji said:
Why am I not playing these games? I need a PS3.

Between this, LBP, and some of the other awesome PSN stuff, the PS3 is looking mighty tempting for this fall.

I'm kind of surprised to see the N+ comparisons -- I don't recognize many similarities in the videos I've seen -- but it makes me that much more interested in Eden.

Absolutely Brilliant game!!

The game goes from "cool, wow its hard" to

"nice im getting it" to

"ALL OVER MY FACE TAKE MY CREDIT CARD Q!!!"

wowowow

My heart stopped for 3 seconds when it told me to go sleep for a week until the game is released..

Baha

Zoe said:
Has this been confirmed somewhere? There's no difference in quality for the Mainichi videos.

Go to options, how to play. It says that it saves a recorded video to the ps3 hdd in mp4.

alterno69

Banned
I liked the demo even if it was a little hard thanks to the controls some times, still buying to support this great studio and keep them on the PS3 making awesome games :p

Trophies too :D

Zoe

tanod said:
With 2.41, all HDD movies upscale.

That doesn't mean it's higher quality than the ones uploaded to Youtube though...

Baha said:
Go to options, how to play. It says that it saves a recorded video to the ps3 hdd in mp4.

The Mainichi vids are in mp4 as well.

I enjoyed the background and the music but the game play did not grab me at all. The seed (?) is way too floaty and it is a pain to try and get it to go where I want. I was hoping to start my trophy collection but alas this game isn't for me.

Classic_Gs said:
I enjoyed the background and the music but the game play did not grab me at all. The seed (?) is way too floaty and it is a pain to try and get it to go where I want. I was hoping to start my trophy collection but alas this game isn't for me.

Man thats part of the fun. This game would totally be ruined if it was easy to travel anywhere, or if it had a web sling in flight. It makes it so much more intense when the clock is ticking and you actually have to think how to move up and concentrate. I wouldn't want the controls any easier.

Classic_Gs said:

You just need to get used to the control scheme. Once you do, the game is pretty easy to control.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Love this game soo much and its a demo :lol

got 5 spectrals in the first garden, was going for the 2nd garden but I got hungry.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
g35twinturbo said:
Love this game soo much and its a demo :lol

got 5 spectrals in the first garden, was going for the 2nd garden but I got hungry.
Another person who will get disappointed as fuck when they realize that the demo ends after the first garden ;(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Seiken said:
Another person who will get disappointed as fuck when they realize that the demo ends after the first garden ;(
Actually the game ends after four levels, so you can get to four gardens.

Yoshichan

chubigans said:
Actually the game ends after four levels, so you can get to four gardens.
... what??????????? After I got 5 spectras in Garden 1, I immediately went for Garden 2 but it said I needed to buy the full game...

GQman2121

Banned
I didn't quite understand the concept in the previews I've read, but now that I've played it, it's easy to see why this game is going to be a huge hit. What a perfect follow up to PJM.

The music and visuals are perfect for what they're going for here. Love it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Seiken said:
... what??????????? After I got 5 spectras in Garden 1, I immediately went for Garden 2 but it said I needed to buy the full game...
Delete your save and play again. This time, after beating the first level in Garden 1, go to Garden 2.

Yoshichan

chubigans said:
Delete your save and play again. This time, after beating the first level in Garden 1, go to Garden 2.
What the heck?! That's incredible, wow! Thanks!

Rlan

I liked it.

Though honestly, I don't see why they didn't allow the player to string silk WHILE in mid air, like Worms Ninja Rope. It feels like the game was just made for that style.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rlan said:
I liked it.

Though honestly, I don't see why they didn't allow the player to string silk WHILE in mid air, like Worms Ninja Rope. It feels like the game was just made for that style.
It would make the game wayyyy too easy methinks.

Yoshichan

Rlan said:
I liked it.

Would be too easy, seriously. I love how it is right now.

Zeliard

Rlan said:
I liked it.

Hard to disagree in terms of how great that would feel control-wise, but it would probably make things too easy.

Edit: beaten twice, ouch.

I'm a huge fan of games that add music to the game as you pass goals, like Frequency and Amplitude, so the way the music gets more and more exciting as your hit pollen and add flowers is just a bonus on top of the awesome and challenging gameplay.

Top Bottom