• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixel Junk Eden Thread of Spreading that Videogame Seed of Love

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

jacket320

Chalk up another day one purchase. Love it and I'm sure the gf will too. We've still got three levels left to rainbow in PJM:Encore first though. I guess we'd better get busy!

Aww its awesome. The controls wind up working great and the whole concept is really just a genius idea. You have to manage you time and collect pollen at the same time. The multiplayer is really cool, but I HATE when your buddy falls and the camera follow his.

Day 1 for me. Trophies is just a bonas.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blu_LED said:
Day 1 for me. Trophies is just a bonas.
Seriously, I can't believe I told myself I'd buy Eden just for the trophies... now it's a totally different story, I couldn't care less about the trophies... just give me the rest of the Eden!

Seiken said:
Seriously, I can't believe I told myself I'd buy Eden just for the trophies... now it's a totally different story, I couldn't care less about the trophies... just give me the rest of the Eden!
Exactly. I was the same, but now I'm buying it for the game.

Its going to be $9.99 like the other PJ games right?

jacket320

Blu_LED said:
Exactly. I was the same, but now I'm buying it for the game.

Its going to be $9.99 like the other PJ games right?

Yeah, that's the word.

Edit: Can't remember if it's been confirmed at $9.99 or not. Everything Ive read is kind of blurred together. :-(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
At first I was like, fuck another Q games game that I can't get into cause the gameplay is so obtuse, then I was like, oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Yoshichan

sp0rsk said:
At first I was like, fuck another Q games game that I can't get into cause the gameplay is so obtuse, then I was like, oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
sp0rsk is impressed, we can all go to bed now!

Rlan

Seiken said:
Would be too easy, seriously. I love how it is right now.

Easy or no, I think it would be a whole lot more fun and a lot more fun to watch as well. Plummeting to your death is never very fun :p

I felt the same way with PixelJunk Monsters 'flashing' monsters not telling you what kind of flashing monsters they were :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Iced_Eagle said:
There wasn't a way to launch a thread out when you were in there air, is there?

I think this would make the game a lot more fun. The amount of precision needed in your jumps and all the falling down kinda make the game boring pretty quickly.

Bummer. :-(

I tried going Spider-Man on their ass, cause I jump and I just go "Going up! Going up! .... No! Fuck! I missed it!" and down to the bottom of the stage I go. If you could shoot out a thread, that would make this 10x more amazing than it already is.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
sp0rsk said:
I think this would make the game a lot more fun. The amount of precision needed in your jumps and all the falling down kinda make the game boring pretty quickly.

who knows maybe its a skill to learn in the future levels?!?!

g35twinturbo said:
who knows maybe its a skill to learn in the future levels?!?!

that's what i thought - an unlockable like PJ:M's speed potion. it'd make sense and i thought i saw shooting a tether from the air in previous videos. maybe not.

edit: what wouldn't make sense is leaving an element that makes the game more fun out of the demo. but then again the few modes in the racers demo were about the most mundane of the lot

i too will join the Eden party. I just spent 5 minutes trying to get into the credits garden. :lol this is cool! the music reminds me of stuff in salad fingers at fat-pie.com

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
One thing I don't understand is how they make you collect the same spectra over and over again. Why not just load the levels up with extra spectra so you're never collecting the same one twice?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
After playing the demo for a bit, I can safely say this game is not for me. Cool stuff that they are doing but just not for me.

pswii60

Away from home so can't try the demo :/

But it looks so awesome. Is it the sort of game a girlfriend would like to play? Is it easy to get in to/control?

EDIT: Also, anyone else really fucking excited to see what PixelJunk come up with next?

Brashnir

There's a demo? Damn, I wish I wasn't moving this week. I already packed up the PS3 and moved it to the new place with no internet access. I'm not sold on the game, but I like the developer and want to give it a shot.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
sykoex said:
One thing I don't understand is how they make you collect the same spectra over and over again. Why not just load the levels up with extra spectra so you're never collecting the same one twice?

I think because it gives yo udifferent ways to find seeds to get to the spectas. I found a couple of different ways of getting them.

pswii60 said:
EDIT: Also, anyone else really fucking excited to see what PixelJunk come up with next?

very much so

i know i'm setting myself up for disappointment but i'm waiting anxiously to hear that pixeljunk:dungeons is a super high-def, online ranking enabled and utterly complex rogue-like

Rlan said:
Though honestly, I don't see why they didn't allow the player to string silk WHILE in mid air

Rlan said:
Easy or no, I think it would be a whole lot more fun and a lot more fun to watch as well. Plummeting to your death is never very fun :p

sp0rsk said:

Nein. The fact that its basically a high wire act where you have to accurately judge and react to the environment or pay the price is what makes it work so well. Its incredibly satisfying when you get into a little zone and start stringing together jumps and silk swings that become more and more brazen. If you were able to just reach out and swing in mid-air it would completely rob that thrill from the game.

Slacker

bsjezz said:
very much so

i know i'm setting myself up for disappointment but i'm waiting anxiously to hear that pixeljunk:dungeons is a super high-def, online ranking enabled and utterly complex rogue-like
While we're dreaming, I'm waiting to hear that the PJ team is taking a field trip over to Fat Princess headquarters to ensure the proper amount of awesomeness has been injected into that game. :D

Brianemone said:
Fixed

The upload for some reasong sets the video to private by default. Bit of a pain in the ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWoKj6qT-bE

It's a little more fun watching those videos now that I know wth is going on. :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Probably been asked a hundred times, but can you shoot while in air? That would make it a lot more gracious, free flowing and frankly... fun.

ChryZ

Now we have to wait one week for the full game, worst cock teasing ever. Demo with unlock to full game, that's the way to roll for such a gem.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Nein. The fact that its basically a high wire act where you have to accurately judge and react to the environment or pay the price is what makes it work so well. Its incredibly satisfying when you get into a little zone and start stringing together jumps and silk swings that become more and more brazen. If you were able to just reach out and swing in mid-air it would completely rob that thrill from the game.

Gotta agree here.. maybe have a special "casual" (read sissy) mode where you can spider-man yourself to the top, but your scores aren't tracked neither are you rewarded with trophies. Though I think a mode like that would be good for allowing non-gamers to get into it at first.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Isn't it unlikely that Dungeons will include much "exploration"... I thought one of the goals of all PJ games is that they don't have any scrolling. I remember Dylan made a big deal about how they had to make an exception to this with Eden.

In that leaked pic of dungeons, you can see that the entire dungeon seems to be on 1 screen and looks sort of like an ant farm.

KTallguy

Banned
Surprised that the demo is so robust.
I think many people will download this and be completely satisfied.

Me myself, I really like the game, although it's harder than it looks, and takes some time to get used to. Plummeting to the ground sucks :lol

But you get better.

The music is FUCK awesome :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Another thing it is sorely missing is momentum, I want to swing faster and faster before the silk breaks and I want to jump higher if I am launching out of a giant swing, than if I jump. Lame.

Xater

The game is really fun. I am glad there is a demo I ws kinda unsure if I want this game or not. Now I can not wait for next week.

This game for me is a great mix between challenge and relaxation. :lol

fanboi

Banned
Mdk7 said:
i wish i had a PS3 now... :(
So it's awesome, isn't it?

How awsome?

This awsome:
alizee_hot.gif

GrayFoxPL

pswii60 said:

Yeah. Pixeljunk is the best fresh thing this gen. I really hope they are making money on this, they deserve it and who doesn't want new pixeljunk games? They are like a breath of fresh air.

Their next game is PixelJunk Dungeon, I think. Wonder how it'll play.

Btw. I'm really mad that pixeljunk Racers doesn't get enough credit. So missunderstood and fun game.

Top Bottom