• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Camjo-Z

I'm going to officially eat crow:

Jak does not need a buff.

I'd argue that Jak desperately needs a buff. He's not complete trash but when you look at his reveal trailer and early gameplay, you can see he was a real beast who had a wide variety of amazing guns (for example, did you know his gravity gun used to have larger range and was a Level 1 hit confirm?) whereas now he's a pretty predictable character who mostly relies on constantly moving around, spamming his yellow gun on the ground and red charge gun in the air. He needs his other guns to actually be options, like Ratchet's, rather than situational things that are rarely useful.

Speaking of characters that need a buff, didn't Omar say that Nariko was his favorite character in the game? Then why is she so bad!? Allow me to explain: like Dante and Raiden, she is a combo-oriented character. Unlike Dante and Raiden, she has awful AP gain so unless you're able to do her long combos without being interrupted, you're probably never reaching Level 3. And you pretty much need to, since her other supers are horrible. Her Level 1 has her firing a slow, telegraphed barrel blast at the opponents, which nobody will fall for unless you're really lucky or you've done a hit confirm with her projectile - unfortunately this requires some strict spacing and usually flat ground, since her barrel gets weird on sloped surfaces. And her Level 2 has the honor of being possibly THE worst Level 2 in the game, with only Sweet Tooth's missile to challenge it. She gets on a huge cannon and fires cannonballs at her opponents! Sounds great, and it would be great - except literally all they have to do to dodge it is STAND NEXT TO HER. Seriously, as long as they run next to her she has no way of hitting them for the duration of the super - not only that, but they can kill her while she's a sitting duck as well!

The only things she really needs to be completely viable and balanced is slightly better AP gain/lower AP requirements, and either a buffed Level 1 or Level 2 (faster start up time or a way to kill opponents standing right next to you, respectively.)

Make Narikos cannon kill nearby enemies automatically. There, Nariko fixed imo. I have seen her gain AP mad fast but I admit I am no Nariko expert. My least played character. Lvl 1 super is the perfect oppoturnist super and is viable in 2v2 if you have right partner. Lvl 2 being bad is what breaks her. That said I wouldn't neccesarily be against other buffs for her, I just think her lvl 2 is the only really bad thing about her.

Camjo-Z

Make Narikos cannon kill nearby enemies automatically. There, Nariko fixed imo. I have seen her gain AP mad fast but I admit I am no Nariko expert. My least played character. Lvl 1 super is the perfect oppoturnist super and is viable in 2v2 if you have right partner. Lvl 2 being bad is what breaks her. That said I wouldn't neccesarily be against other buffs for her, I just think her lvl 2 is the only really bad thing about her.

If I had to pick one thing above all to change about her, I agree it would be her Level 2. I had the idea of making it so when you fire a shot, a small shockwave emits from the cannon that kills anyone close by - thus the cannon would still take skill but also give the advantage of being able to kill enemies both near and far, even simultaneously.

Just did your job for you, Superbot!

TheMink

Thats what I get for visiting OT :lol. Do ya even play the game anymore Mink? You always playing something lame like Dark Shit or somethin :(.

Big Daddy combo video from SB twitter. Great stuff.

Oh and I still think that Medusa Head needs to be either removed again or heavily nerfed.

Hahahaha, i play, but i generally play with someone. I kinda got deflated cause i cant play with my bro cause hes got some crazy nat 3 ish going on. But i play on vita a lot

Thats what I get for visiting OT :lol. Do ya even play the game anymore Mink? You always playing something lame like Dark Shit or somethin :(.

Big Daddy combo video from SB twitter. Great stuff.

Oh and I still think that Medusa Head needs to be either removed again or heavily nerfed.

Big Daddy seems to have really awesome combos, I really need to start practicing combos but I'm having too much fun playing against the CPU.

I have been lurking over here for quite a while...

Are you guys still obsessed with Jen Tate and Kat?

I play Sir Dan and Radec mostly

J-Tier

Are you guys still obsessed with Jen Tate and Kat?

Jen Tate was a running joke, for most of us, though there are a few who legitimately want her in as well.

Kat was a hype train that people just jumped on board as a spur of the moment thing. I wonder how much influence we had in the decision to get her in as DLC.

pompidu

My psn id is ilama, feel free to add me or leave your psn id and il add you! Getting the moves down better and starting to become much better at this game.

plainr_

Jen Tate was a running joke, for most of us, though there are a few who legitimately want her in as well.

Kat was a hype train that people just jumped on board as a spur of the moment thing. I wonder how much influence we had in the decision to get her in as DLC.

I have a confession to make. I made one of the Kat fakes that went viral. You guys guess which one. lol.

I have a confession to make. I made one of the Kat fakes then went viral. You guys guess which one. lol.

oh-you-dog.jpg

Was it the fake website art one?

I have decided to main kratos and evil Cole. Any tips for these characters? I'm also having trouble with jak/ratchet characters(out pretty much any long range character) do you have any tips for going against them too?

I have decided to main kratos and evil Cole. Any tips for these characters? I'm also having trouble with jak/ratchet characters(out pretty much any long range character) do you have any tips for going against them too?

For evil Cole charged circle to level 1 super for easy kill. For the long Jak/Ratchet try throwing some grenades with evil Cole to bait them to move or use the counter with Kratos. Once you get in use your blocking well to avoid being pushed back and to punish them after their attacks.

Well the most basic ones I can give ya:

Kratos: His chain grab (side square) is notoriously cheap move. It goes through platforms and it homes. Excellent move when you want to close in on foes on upper or lower platforms or countering opponents that are approaching you especially via air. I am no expert on Kratos combos but he has some super easy basic ones like square, square, up square (hold I think?) square, square, square. You can hitconfirm his lvl 2 super by using square square triangle combo if you want to make sure you get that kill. As for ranged characters just approach by air and try to learn airdodge if Ratchet for example uses his rocket launcher. You can also approach by using your side triangle move since it absorbs projectiles. Lvl 2 and 3 supers are imo better than lvl 1 so build AP unless you are confident you can catch enemies by surprise with lvl 1 when they are locked in a fight for example.

Evil Cole: The most basic thing you want to learn is how to hitconfirm his lvl 1 super. You do this with the charged neutral circle. Charge that move from a safe distance and use it on an opponent. They will crumple and you always get a safe kill unless some other character interrupts you. Only thing you need to learn is the right distance so you land just next to the crumpled opponent. His lvl 2 can be very unsafe if you let someone escape it with them having a super ready that has enough range to kill you. Not a bad super if you are confident you can trap everyone who is a threat in it. I would still advise using mostly his lvl 1 supers.

Unlike Good Cole he cannot absorb ranged attacks for AP so best advice I can think of is just outspam the ranged characters with your side triangle granades from air. You should win against any other spammer in that kind of situation. You can also approach by air and learn air dodge.

Never seen anyone get 14 kills in ffa. They need to nerf sly a lot.

I think my max is 12 with sweet tooth and that needed much luck with double and a triple kills with lvl 1 super.

I think my avarage killcount for a game I win is like 5-6 tho when I played Parappa.

sn00zer

Started playing online for the first time in a long time (online games in general)
I was called a "faggot who sucked on vaginas" by a 13 year old

Did anybody see this terrible tier list on the IGN Wiki for this page?
So wrong.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/Tier_List

Id copy pasta the list for you guys but im lazy.

Started playing online for the first time in a long time (online games in general)

Whenever I play this online and I can see the people will be annoying i just take the hits early in the game and mute everybody. Good idea imo.

I haven't played in weeks but I put it in my PS3 yesterday to play with my wife and a friend. Had a blast, I did do the recent update but man - Heihachi's level 2 needs a SERIOUS nerf. My friend popped that and Kuma is out for way too long - it's insane that it hasn't been nerfed yet. I know it's been talked about up and down but out of all the supers I've seen his is the only one I'm completely for nerfing.

Also, does anyone know what is the status of the Kat and Emmett DLC? I figured they're keeping their mouths shut until it's ready or reasonably ready to release.

I haven't played in weeks but I put it in my PS3 yesterday to play with my wife and a friend. Had a blast, I did do the recent update but man - Heihachi's level 2 needs a SERIOUS nerf. My friend popped that and Kuma is out for way too long - it's insane that it hasn't been nerfed yet. I know it's been talked about up and down but out of all the supers I've seen his is the only one I'm completely for nerfing.

Also, does anyone know what is the status of the Kat and Emmett DLC? I figured they're keeping their mouths shut until it's ready or reasonably ready to release.

Wat. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE USED THAT LVL 2 AND GOTTEN ABSOLUTELY NO KILLS? NERF? IF ANYTHING IT NEEDS A BUFF. GTFO.

pompidu

I think my max is 12 with sweet tooth and that needed much luck with double and a triple kills with lvl 1 super.

I think my avarage killcount for a game I win is like 5-6 tho when I played Parappa.

Very lucky to get any kills with sweet tooth. I like to play him but he is useless against any experienced players.

I just block people like that.

Did anybody see this terrible tier list on the IGN Wiki for this page?
So wrong.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/Tier_List

Id copy pasta the list for you guys but im lazy.

Whenever I play this online and I can see the people will be annoying i just take the hits early in the game and mute everybody. Good idea imo.

Stupid list is stupid. Hopefully the game will have legs, more people more character variety. I understand trying to balance this game is difficult but its painfully obvious who's god tier and who's shit tier.

Wat. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE USED THAT LVL 2 AND GOTTEN ABSOLUTELY NO KILLS? NERF? IF ANYTHING IT NEEDS A BUFF. GTFO.

I figure it's probably easy to avoid it but in the middle of a hectic FFA, he just keeps leaping around and stuff and my friend kept racking up kills. It probably didn't help that I popped a level 2 as Big Daddy and failed to get any KOs immediately after, I was pretty pissed lmao.

Camjo-Z

Seriously, if anything didn't need a nerf it's Kuma. Aside from small stages like Dojo, he's one of the worst supers to use - characters with good mobility like Sackboy, PaRappa, and Toro will run circles around him, and even slow guys like Sir Dan and Big Daddy can get away with practice.

Also I sent a tweet to Superbot about it, but I hope that they patch out Toro's ability to stay in the air forever with up triangle > neutral circle. Hardly anyone uses it now and it only works well on larger stages like Blackrock and Paris, but I've had to deal with a few painfully stupid time matches where two Toros will get one kill and then hide in the air for the rest of the game.

J-Tier

The date will be unveiled during the upcoming Level|Up tournament in which Kat and Emmett will be playable at the event.

Seriously, if anything didn't need a nerf it's Kuma. Aside from small stages like Dojo, he's one of the worst supers to use - characters with good mobility like Sackboy, PaRappa, and Toro will run circles around him, and even slow guys like Sir Dan and Big Daddy can get away with practice.

I figured I'm just out of practice. I'm trying to level everyone up and unlock their stuff - I REALLY wish they would have cross saves so you don't have to beat everything twice and level everyone up twice. Although it has been awhile, does the stuff you unlock get transferred through platforms?

The date will be unveiled during the upcoming Level|Up tournament in which Kat and Emmett will be playable at the event.

Awesome! I haven't been able to game much lately but I want to make sure I get the DLC :) Super excited to play as both, I loved both games.

I figured I'm just out of practice. I'm trying to level everyone up and unlock their stuff - I REALLY wish they would have cross saves so you don't have to beat everything twice and level everyone up twice. Although it has been awhile, does the stuff you unlock get transferred through platforms?

Awesome! I haven't been able to game much lately but I want to make sure I get the DLC :) Super excited to play as both, I loved both games.

There are cross saves, just trophies do not transfer. You need to log in on your PSN for it to transfer tho.

My best result was 15 kills and 1 death with Drake on Dojo the other day. Granted, the other players all seemed unexperienced, so it was a rare opportunity. I'm too inconsistent though, sometimes i fuck up matches that i should've won. I finally managed to make my way to a brown belt, maybe i'll try going for black belt before the end of the season.

Camjo-Z

I've decided that getting in the top 20 in 2v2 is good enough for me, it's finally gotten to the point where if you don't use Raiden/Kratos/Sly yourself then you really don't have a chance against good opponents that use them. It doesn't help that because my belt is so high, I have to win 5 matches to get the same amount of points that I lose in 1 match. I'm hoping that Emmett ends up being decent because he sounds pretty fun to use and his supers look a lot better than Dan's.

I've decided that getting in the top 20 in 2v2 is good enough for me, it's finally gotten to the point where if you don't use Raiden/Kratos/Sly yourself then you really don't have a chance against good opponents that use them. It doesn't help that because my belt is so high, I have to win 5 matches to get the same amount of points that I lose in 1 match. I'm hoping that Emmett ends up being decent because he sounds pretty fun to use and his supers look a lot better than Dan's.
I remember them feels when I climbed to #5 in FFA first season and didn't even get a fuckin title :lol. Oh well we shall see how it works this time. I did get both black belts _again_ but didn't feel the drive for rank hunt on second season.

sappyday

Got this game day 1. Was able to convince most of my friends to get it too and we all enjoy playing it even though we're all aware of its problems.

I'm pretty good with Drake since he has such versatile move set however I love using Spike whether I win or lose I rather play as him than any other characters even though I'm better with other characters than I am with Spike.

Also I signed up for a 1v1 tournament at my school, there are over 10 participants and the 1st place price is $50. Here's hoping I win!

Anyone else getting frequent disconnects when playing online on the Vita?? I seem to get lag and "lost connection to host" errors right as the match starts. Sometimes my partner cant' see nothing or they freeze up. Also Kat needs to get here faster it feels like the game's been out for months.

I finally got that one glitch on Hades where it says "Ready Fight" over and over again. It was awesome.

And good luck to you sappyday in that tourney.

Top Bottom