• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Note to everyone:

The Neo Scrafty Cup will be starting on the 15th of February. Please PM me your teams so we can get something going this time!

Are we operating as if we never faught? Or are we just continuing forward.

I've been trying to get in contact with some of the people who didn't even play their first round to no avail, so this will be a complete reset of the previous tournament, unfortunately. It's the only way to make sure that those who register will actually be able to play.

Pachimari

Wait... Looking at the move lists on the official website, I see R2 and L2 are used. What are these on the PS Vita version? The backpad?

Camjo-Z

Wait... Looking at the move lists on the official website, I see R2 and L2 are used. What are these on the PS Vita version? The backpad?

On Vita, R2 is just R, and R1 (picking up items) is the front screen. L1 is L, and L2 (taunting) is Select.

Also, didn't Seth say we should have info on the game patch today as well? I'm actually more interested in that than the characters, it'll be interesting to see if they've listened to community feedback.

Pachimari

On Vita, R2 is just R, and R1 (picking up items) is the front screen. L1 is L, and L2 (taunting) is Select.

Also, didn't Seth say we should have info on the game patch today as well? I'm actually more interested in that than the characters, it'll be interesting to see if they've listened to community feedback.

I don't think he specifically said anything about a patch? Just that we would get news today.
Though, I'm also interested in the patch and to see which balancing issues they address.

Alright. I'm terrible at picking up items with the touchscreen heh.

Camjo-Z

I don't think he specifically said anything about a patch? Just that we would get news today.
Though, I'm also interested in the patch and to see which balancing issues they address.

If all goes well, should have new info on All-Stars DLC (and game patch!) coming tmrw. Stay tuned to @SuperBotEnt and @mvcClockw0rk

>:O

also i too am bad at using the touchscreen

Spinluck

Why?

I think we'll get Lightning and Ryu as well but I hope we'll get more PSone characters.

I hope we don't get that shitty Lightning from the new one, that is, if we do get her. Cause my goodness is that design awful.

We will probably get ugly Lightning

I don't care which Lightning we get, I just want Lightning more than any other (realistically possible) character.

I know SuperBot's in. Come on, Square... be a boss.

SSReborn

I hope that the next DLC characters are old school focused. My picks would be Rudy Roughknight, Dart Feld or Gabe Logan.

Either that or a Japanese focused pack which would have Lightning (or Cloud), Kazuma Kiryu, or Ryu Hayabusa.

SSReborn

or Robbit

=D

I wouldn't mind seeing Robbit either like people have said there are a lot of humanoid characters in this game already. Robbit or a group of Lemmings as a character too and Abe as well. Superbot could make the craziest of play styles from them.

TheMink

I hope next DLC pack has the man from Incredible Crisis and that dude from Big Mutha Truckers.

Double post, but napalm, would you be able to make another thing for the "characters section" in the OP? Bruce might be too busy to do it, do you think youd' be able to mimick his style?

Double post, but napalm, would you be able to make another thing for the "characters section" in the OP? Bruce might be too busy to do it, do you think youd' be able to mimick his style?

I'd love to but I suu huu huuuck at anything graphixxx mate :(. Perhaps Plainr could be persuaded?

Of course I might be able to do it but I don't have that teal diamond shaped thingy image so it would be terrible!

Pachimari

Oh yeah, Gabe Logan is definitely my number 1 wish. Then somebody from Assassin's Creed. I would be fine with Lightning, Kiryu and Ryu as well.

But generally I want PSone characters to be added.

What about a Gran Turismo car rivalry with a MotorStorm buggy. They could do drifting, sliding mud, drive off a ramp as a super etc.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, that's all looking very good. Wish the trailers worked with some insertion of their music from their own games, but eh, at least they'll have something for their victory celebrations.

Won't the DLC be premiering mid-season in the game, then? That'll be kind of weird, I'd have liked to have started a season with them, but no big deal.

Even in Grav.Rush, Kat couldn't stay in the air forever, so hopefully, she won't be the subject of scrappy "get a kill and infinately run away" exploits. Will have to watch through that vid a few more times to really get a feel for super start-ups and combo-into lvl __ possibilities, but all looks pretty good at this stage.

Emmett is looking solid, love the fact he actually has some close-up combo potential, and his guns don't looks omni-powerful. Looks like you'll have to know which one to use pretty well, but he already looks like he has some solid "flow" to him, which is the mark of a solid character in this game.

Both characters Lvl 3s look like they might actually be worth waiting for in some matchups! They both seem to have some good versatility and utility.

The announcement of new characters / info after is exciting, but I'm looking forward to getting into these 2 more, personally. New info in march, after getting new characters and stages mid Feb... not bad at all.

Sora vs Wander
Jill vs Pyramid Head
Snake vs Ezio
Crash vs Spyro
Dart vs Cloud
Raziel vs Alucard
Lara Croft vs Abe
Robbit vs Chimera/Nathan Hale
Yu Narakumi/Teddie vs Prinny/Etna
Chun Li vs Kazuma Kiryu
KOS-MOS vs Nightmare

The last one I just came up with since I had originally planned Nightmare to be facing off against Pyramid Head (The Embodiment of Guilt vs The Embodiment of Chaos I believe)

I put reasonings for most of these here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64590285

My own personal never will happen but would be cool rivalries
Strider Hiryu vs Ryu Hayabusa
Kevin Butler vs Sofia (Battle Arena Toshinden)

One that never would nor should happen but would be epic
Spider-man vs Batman

RayMan vs Gex could work as well

Other Choices
Scorpion vs Akuma

And of course
Jen Tate vs Hatsune Miku ;P

Vysetron

Neo Member
Oh god, Kat's voice is intolerable. STOP SCREAMING, WOMAN. Looks great though.

Emmet is going to be fun as all hell. I can't wait to mess with the different drops, especially the shotgun.

And Scrafty, does that mean new teams can happen?

Pachimari

It's weird as I LOVE Kat as a character but I'm really excited about Emmett in this game.

I actually think a Chimera is realistic as a DLC character as well.

I want these characters in:
Gabe Logan
Ezio/Connor
Snake
Lightning
Ryu Hayabusa
Chimera
Kiryu

And bring me a MotorStorm and Gran Turismo stage. Actually, make one of the Patapons a character.

TheMink

I'd love to but I suu huu huuuck at anything graphixxx mate :(. Perhaps Plainr could be persuaded?

Of course I might be able to do it but I don't have that teal diamond shaped thingy image so it would be terrible!

No problem boss :)

Also, they arent eachothers rival i just realized, i think ill wait until we know who their rivals are.

Top Bottom