• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation does the Ice Bucket Challenge

A good cause doesnt have to be #trendy

But again, it's the popularity that's driving it. I'll gladly look at the same thing over and over again for such a good cause. If they could raise that mind of money without the trend, the trend wouldn't exist.

sjay1994

I know, that's cold of him. Cold as ice.

I'll be here all week.

200_s.gif

I just love seeing your average joe doing this "challenge" expecting it to make waves. Sure some of the bigger profile celebrities have donated, but that isn't out of the ordinary for them when they need some positive PR. There are far better ways to donate and raise awareness.

Well, look, my comment sounded meaner than I meant it to, but this whole phenomenon quickly left out the "You're supposed to donate too" thing...so it just turned into everyone and their mothers competing in a wet t-shirt contest.

This has gone beyond a misunderstood charity and flown straight into overdone meme territory.
Personally I've found anytime I consider a meme 'overdone', it's just an indication I've been on the internet too long.

Gangam style, Harlem Shake, it's all harmless nonsense, and this trend in particular seems to have a good cause behind it.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus, people are making a huge fucking deal about pouring water.

As long as you also donate, its all in good fun. God damn.

Amir0x

Banned
Enough already

this is reaching Harlem Shake levels of silly, just donate without the spectacle

You understand why the spectacle is important, right? It raises awareness. Simply saying you donated to ALS research does not raise awareness at the rate doing something like this does. That's simply reality. I don't care if every corporate business leader started dancing like chickens, if it meant they attracted enough attention to raise a lot more money.

Best shirt ever.
He said he loves Vib Ribbon, can we have a new game now?
Sadly, I feel that it would be tied into some sort of Sony music distribution service instead of letting us use MP3s loaded to the HDD.

I'd still play the "core" game, though. Would be a great $15 PSN download from Japan Studio, or even as a collab with C.A.M.P or Pyramid.

Why people gotta hate bringing awareness to one of the worst diseases of all time?

Fuck that cynical ass shit. The Ice Bucket Challenge is fun and many celebs/companies/nobodies partake. Just relax.

I just love seeing your average joe doing this "challenge" expecting it to make waves. Sure some of the bigger profile celebrities have donated, but that isn't out of the ordinary for them when they need some positive PR. There are far better ways to donate and raise awareness.
You're complaining that someone isn't raising awareness for charity right. As if there is a wrong way.

Think about that.

iNvid02

i dont understand how you can get so upset at the videos.

the ALS association announced yesterday it received over $15.6 MILLION dollars in donations, mainly because the water bucket videos went viral. its harmless and for a good cause.

i dont understand how you can get so upset at the videos.

the ALS association announced yesterday it received over $15.6 MILLION dollars in donations, mainly because the water bucket videos went viral. its harmless and for a good cause.

Yeah, compared to 1.8 millions last year. Wrong thing to be cynical about.

Jomjom

Banned
You can tell Ratchet didn't want to get fired, he made sure the water only went over Shawn Layton's shoulders and not his head.

The Ratchet mascot costume is super cute though. It looks like it would fit in at Disneyland.

Top Bottom