• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive game " Concord " will be announced very soon!

Mowcno

Will be interesting to see what this is like. I'm assuming a Sci-Fi TDM/Arena FPS game. Hopefully not battle royale or extraction shooter, considering Marathon is an extraction shooter that would be silly.

Last edited:

midnightAI

But... its already announced
Well, yeh, exactly, what a strange tweet, unless they mean that footage will be shown of the actual game. I just hope it matches the tone of the teaser we got, stylistically and sonically very nice but it is only a teaser pre render so who knows.

xrnzaaas

Sleep Yawn GIF

Sony invested heavily into GaaS shit this gen. If I’m not wrong, the majority of their studios are working on that. That’s why there hasn’t been a constant release of games from them like last generations.
Meh, there were big lulls in the early PS4 generation. People forget that. Even at PS4's peak, Sony was only releasing 1-2 big AAA single player games a year. They are on pace to do that this generation as well, even with longer development times

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Meh, there were big lulls in the early PS4 generation. People forget that. Even at PS4's peak, Sony was only releasing 1-2 big AAA single player games a year. They are on pace to do that this generation as well, even with longer development times
But by 3 years into the gen, they had already announced fairly big AAA SP hitters by their first parties, with trailers and everything. By the end of 2016 they had shown TLoU2, God of War 18, Spider Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone. Thats not even counting games like Detroit and Death Stranding which were being made by, at the time, close third party studios.

What have they really shown now in terms of AAA SP? Can only think of FF7: Rebirth and Rise of the Ronin, both made by third party studios and likely to go multiplatform soon enough. It does seem they're diverting a lot of resources towards GAAS.

Last edited:

mdkirby

From the trailer, I would have bought this in a heartbeat, I liked the vibe. Then realised it was a multiplayer GAAS, and not basically a Sony single player space game (of which they have zero), and my interest also went to zero. So frustrating. I'd play a Sony Mass Effect to death.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more. The art style so far is pretty cool. Really nice logo. I think people are writing this off way too soon. If it's a cool looking sci-fi shooter, I could see it being fun. You have to see what the monetization is like before complaining about GAAS. No one gave a shit about GT7. You guys should see the game first.

Varteras

Gold Member
I'm definitely interested in seeing more. The art style so far is pretty cool. Really nice logo. I think people are writing this off way too soon. If it's a cool looking sci-fi shooter, I could see it being fun. You have to see what the monetization is like before complaining about GAAS. No one gave a shit about GT7. You guys should see the game first.

Excuse me? We come here to be irrationally angry over digital entertainment. Not asked to be chill adults or something. Who the fuck is this guy?

But by 3 years into the gen, they had already announced fairly big AAA SP hitters by their first parties, with trailers and everything. By the end of 2016 they had shown TLoU2, God of War 18, Spider Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone. Thats not even counting games like Detroit and Death Stranding which were being made by, at the time, close third party studios.

What have they really shown now in terms of AAA SP? Can only think of FF7: Rebirth and Rise of the Ronin, both made by third party studios and likely to go multiplatform soon enough. It does seem they're diverting a lot of resources towards GAAS.
Sony, for the most part, are not announcing games 3-4 years out anymore. They have said they don't want to put unrealistic pressure on their developers. Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine were the exceptions, but I think that is more Disney pushing that.

AAA Single player games we know of(top of my head) that are published by Sony
Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Wolverine, Naughty Dog new IP, TLOU3, Sony Santa Monica new IP, new Bluepoint game, Horizon 3, Bend Studio new IP, Housemarque new IP.

All of those games should be out by end of 2027, besides maybe TLOU3. Add in probably 2-3 more 3rd party games published/co-developed by Sony and probably 3-4 more 3rd party timed Playstation exclusives and that gives a rough outline of all AAA single player games. Most of Sony's GAAS games are coming from smaller and recently acquired studios. They are still investing more money than ever in SP games

Ronin will surely stay exclusive to PS5/PC, just like the Nioh series.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Sony, for the most part, are not announcing games 3-4 years out anymore. They have said they don't want to put unrealistic pressure on their developers. Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine were the exceptions, but I think that is more Disney pushing that.

AAA Single player games we know of(top of my head) that are published by Sony
Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Wolverine, Naughty Dog new IP, TLOU3, Sony Santa Monica new IP, new Bluepoint game, Horizon 3, Bend Studio new IP, Housemarque new IP.
This just further demonstrates my point. Most of these are either by third parties or weren't even properly announced. This "X new IP" or "sequel to x" that we know little to nothing of, forget 2027 they may not even come out at all. The only real new first party game we have seem something of by now is Wolverine (which i did forget about admittedly).

And this not announcing games 3-4 years out rangs hollow when they do say they're in production. Feels like a half-baked solution to say they're doing something even though they have almost nothing to show. Either that or we just know about them thanks to leaks, which is worse since games in such early production stages have higher chances of being axed.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for sony to announce something that will totally put everyone in shock other then that I'm not interested. I'm pretty sure there just showing what gamers already know already borefest

Top Bottom