• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive game " Concord " will be announced very soon!

SodaZA

I saw its supposed to be inspired by the Guardians of the Galaxy, style wise
that will either doom it or actually make it a success

Im hoping for success

yurinka

I think this is going to be the sleeper game of the year and a GOTY candidate.

Gaas can be good. What is this one about?
MP shooter in space made by devs from mostly Bungie, Respawn, Treyarch, Blizzard, Redstorm, ArenaNet and Hi-Rez but also at least someone from many other top AAA studios like Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, Raven, Activision (some related to CoD & Destiny on a corporate level), Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Bluepoint, Sony Visual Arts, SOE, Ready at Dawn, Supermassive, Zipper, Camouflaj, Deviation, Wizards of the Coast, Epic, Riot, 343, Turn 10, Bethesda, The Initiative, Undead Labs, Arkane Austin, CCP, Creative Assembly, Platinum Games, Embark, Valve (DOTA 2), Gearbox, NetherRealm, Wargaming, Turtle Rock, Ubisoft, Bioware, Firaxis, 2K, Crystal Dynamics, Rocksteady, Climax, Rebellion, Oddworld, NC Soft, Netease or Niantic, and in animation Disney, Dreamworks, Pixar or WB Animation.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Wake me up when they start announcing done real games again.

This just further demonstrates my point. Most of these are either by third parties or weren't even properly announced. This "X new IP" or "sequel to x" that we know little to nothing of, forget 2027 they may not even come out at all. The only real new first party game we have seem something of by now is Wolverine (which i did forget about admittedly).

And this not announcing games 3-4 years out rangs hollow when they do say they're in production. Feels like a half-baked solution to say they're doing something even though they have almost nothing to show. Either that or we just know about them thanks to leaks, which is worse since games in such early production stages have higher chances of being axed.
Whatever man. All of those projects haven't been announced but are well reported. Anything can obviously be cancelled, but I can't think of a big Sony AAA single player game being cancelled in the last decade.

Your original point was Sony was mostly just making gaas games. That is obviously wrong given all we know about what the majority of their AAA studios

Last edited:

Del_X

Develop consoles capable of incredibly fast load times, seamless traversal in games, and CPUs capable of more advanced simulations and use them to push gambling-adjacent GaaS dogshit. Loving this generation so far!

Fbh

Can't wait to do a bunch of repetitive missions where I kill bullet sponges so I can farm slightly better color coded loot (and maybe one of 5 different types of currencies) which will eventually allow me to take on stronger enemies which are actually the same enemies but with a purple health bar which makes them even spongier.

Happy So Excited GIF

Solidus_T

Announcement of an announcement of a game where the said game has been revealed in the announcement, but with more info coming soon.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Remember this day Gentlemen. Remember it well.

They told you GAAS was a crapshoot. That it was all luck. Remember their words when this game blows up and becomes the biggest PS5 exclusive of all time.

Have we seen anything of this except the tease?

Nope. Only 2 bits of interesting info...

1. PlayStation bought the cow when they sampled the milk.

2. Their description reads "Concord is a bringing together of peoples. It’s the power of games to build connection and inspire social play. The Firewalk team is driven by the type of exciting, unexpected moments and shared experiences that multiplayer games create. Every time you log on is the beginning of a new adventure and every match is an opportunity for a new story."

Killjoy-NL

People want singleplayer game after singleplayer game, but god forbid Sony releasing some GaaS titles to generate revenue to be able to fund those games.

Smh.

Killjoy-NL

What does that tell you? Don't get me started on what they've done to Naughty Dog this generation with that bullshit GaaS Factions, and now they've been turned into the remaster studio 🙄
I'd rather have them try new things and can them if they don't work out, than milk franchises until they become mediocre like Halo or Gears.

I'd rather have them try new things and can them if they don't work out, than milk franchises until they become mediocre like Halo or Gears.
I agree with Halo as that's been mismanaged terribly but I feel The Coalition are ready to take some risks with it going forward and I liked Gears 5 anyway. As for ND they are one of the best studios in the world and have delivered superb single player games over the last decade and more. To not have them not just creating those types of games is a travesty IMO but hopefully that's what they're doing now.

Last edited:

yurinka

I could be wrong but I believe it was multi-player and it was too similar to Destiny at the time
You're wrong, it wasn't MP.

Given half of them were shutdown before even being announced they really need to stop.
If they got shutdown, they already did.
Totoki said all of them were in the works, but that only 6 of them were confirmed to reach the pre-April 2026 goal they had before and that some of them were being reviewed.

Some time later they cancelled TLOU Online, so it is the only one cancelled.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I think this is going to be the sleeper game of the year and a GOTY candidate.

MP shooter in space made by devs from mostly Bungie, Respawn, Treyarch, Blizzard, Redstorm, ArenaNet and Hi-Rez but also at least someone from many other top AAA studios like Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, Raven, Activision (some related to CoD & Destiny on a corporate level), Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Bluepoint, Sony Visual Arts, SOE, Ready at Dawn, Supermassive, Zipper, Camouflaj, Deviation, Wizards of the Coast, Epic, Riot, 343, Turn 10, Bethesda, The Initiative, Undead Labs, Arkane Austin, CCP, Creative Assembly, Platinum Games, Embark, Valve (DOTA 2), Gearbox, NetherRealm, Wargaming, Turtle Rock, Ubisoft, Bioware, Firaxis, 2K, Crystal Dynamics, Rocksteady, Climax, Rebellion, Oddworld, NC Soft, Netease or Niantic, and in animation Disney, Dreamworks, Pixar or WB Animation.
So it could be good.

simpatico

From the first elements we were able to harvest and without wanting you to spoiler, we can say that the Concord game is heavily inspired by the universe in Marvel.

Knowing that the game Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy edited by Square Enix was solo-type only, one wonders whether Concorde would play a kind of Guardians of the Galaxy in multiplayer mode.

+4.5% Stability incoming!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can't wait to do a bunch of repetitive missions where I kill bullet sponges so I can farm slightly better color coded loot (and maybe one of 5 different types of currencies) which will eventually allow me to take on stronger enemies which are actually the same enemies but with a purple health bar which makes them even spongier.

Happy So Excited GIF
minion-minions.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Happy So Excited GIF

You described a co-op looter shooter.

This is PvP with an emphasis on social interaction.

Kinda polar opposites.

EDMIX

lol same.

For me to give a fuck, this game must be doing some wild shit when it comes to multiplayer as we don't really know much about it other then space, MP game......thats about it.

I don't even know if this will be at the State Of Play, this game might needs its own State Of Play to just go over what it actually is doing different. I'm open minded, but that genre has so much games right now, they really need to wow me to get me on board day 1.

ryzen1

What are the chances its something we have never seen before?
Or is it just another generic multiplayer fps cash grab?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Concord will surprise people in a good way.

In a way I think Sony screwed themselves by hyping Concord at all. If it's good, it'll never live up to the hype at this point. They probably should have done something closer to MS with High Fi Rush.

Top Bottom