• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland confirms Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is PS4 Exclusive

I don't really expect this to stay exclusive. But either way the first 3 ceash bandicoot games are mad fun so the fact they are being redone is amazing in itself.

fvng

So naughty dog has completely disavowed this series eh? How about Way of the Warrior? They gonna disown that too?

fvng

I don't see them going back to any of their old ips doesn't make sense for them to go back. We still need a savage starlight game.

Yeah I mean I was half joking. I just like mentioning way of the warrior because it's such a ridiculous game that highlights how far they've come

Darknight

No way this is exclusive.

No Sony adverts saying so and this is Acti we talking about. If Sony really wanted this exclusive, they would have bought the IP long ago. Them just throwing some cash to Acti is to please fans but dont really care about it.

Im sure this will on X1/Switch next year or whatever.

I dont get why people expect that a random twitter conversation or a facebook private chat would announce/reveal additional versions of a game?

That would break a lot of contracts/NDAs.

Until said otherwise by Activision, i dont see it Exclusive.

I wouldn't have ever expected Crash on anything but a Playstation. If it lands on anything else I guess that's good for everyone.

Good thing is it already happened and will happen with this collection. People who dont want that are just still fighting a immature fanboy war.
It will be good if more players get to play it.

Elixist

my guess is 1 year exclusive.

side guesses: 1: full exclusive. 2: full exclusive if it sells 2 million copies in a year.

Elios83

I really don't understand why this game is getting so much port begging discussions in first place.
When it was announced at E3 some people just to downplay the announcement claimed that they would just release the originals in HD and they wouldn't remake the graphics because they called it a remaster so clearly it wasn't a remake.
Then after PSX the tune changed into "it's not an exclusive otherwise they would have said so, when they announce the release date other platforms will show up like happened with other games".
Now step three has become pure port begging.
They said they are making a partnership between Sony and Activision to make this collection happen, Sony made the games that Vicarious Vicious is using as a base to recreate all the levels in the collection. Also Sony is in a really good relationship with Activision at the moment.
At some point they might release this on other platforms but it's kinda pointless, the fanbase and demand for Crash games is on Playstation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, if that's the case then I really don't see them having trouble remaking CTR then? I mean we got this far with Sony collaborating with Activision on remaking these so a remake of CTR isn't exactly off the table.

All Sony needs to do is licence the IP. I'd expect a remake if the trilogy sells well.

I really don't understand why this game is getting so much port begging discussions in first place.
When it was announced at E3 some people just to downplay the announcement claimed that they would just release the originals in HD and they wouldn't remake the graphics because they called it a remaster so clearly it wasn't a remake.
Then after PSX the tune changed into "it's not an exclusive otherwise they would have said so, when they announce the release date other platforms will show up like happened with other games".
Now step three has become pure port begging.
They said they are making a partnership between Sony and Activision to make this collection happen, Sony made the games that Vicarious Vicious is using as a base to recreate all the levels in the collection. Also Sony is in a really good relationship with Activision at the moment.
At some point they might release this on other platforms but it's kinda pointless, the fanbase and demand for Crash games is on Playstation.

There's speculation as to the extent to which the release is exclusive as there's reason to suspect it won't remain a PS4 exclusive in perpetuity. It's not port begging to analyse the situation and conclude that there's a distinct possibility of the trilogy going multiplatform later down the track, though that's not to say there hasn't been any port begging.

Vamp

Yeah there is no way it full ps4 exclusive, they would said so on the conference, I am guessing 1 year exclusivity and later will show up on xbox.

Gloggins

Even if it wasn't, at least 80% of the sales would be the PS4 version anyway. Maybe it's not worth their time porting it to anything else. Possibly Switch later on if that really takes off.

Coxy100

Banned
If this was exclusive they would be shouting about it. Must just be timed exclusive.

Be strong xbox fans - looks likely!

Drencrom

OH MY GOD THE DREAM IS DEAD

CRASH WAS NEVER GOOD ANYWAY

Can't wait to relive these great games in June

For real though, I love how the first threads about the rumors of a Crash remaster and the reveal of it had lots of posts going "Crash was always trash, it's just nostalgia" and now those posts are mostly gone and instead replaced by people port begging.

MUnited83

For you.
There you go, multiplatform confirmed.

I mean it was already pretty obvious before, but it's always great getting further confirmation.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

There have been numerous releases of Crash games on other platforms starting from the fourth game, there have been more games exclusive to Nintendo platforms than to PlayStation platforms (three GBA games and the two DS games) and Crash Bandicoot is well-known to people who like platformers on other platforms as well. Personally, I would be happy to get the three classic Crash games (or at least the first two) on a platform that does not have Dual Shock controllers. If I had a PS4, I would buy the Trilogy there, but I don't and I already own the three games as PS1 games, so I really don't see a reason to buy a PS4 just for this game.

I cannot access the tweet this thread is about by the way.

Son Of D

I thought it was a safe assumption this was exclusive since it's a remake of the original 3.

The thing that has everyone curious is the fact that none of the trailers or PR have said "Exclusively on PS4", just that it's coming to PS4. I'm assuming it's PS4 exclusive myself but I won't be surprised if we hear of XB1/Switch/PC ports sometime after launch.

They should have at least come to PC. The more people experience these games, the better. We'd also have more chances of seeing Crash 4.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I never thought id see the day where people were so desperate to have Crash Bandicoot on their platforms.

Well, as a platformer fan, I would buy a console for a (good) new Crash Bandicoot. Or a new Banjo (even if not good). I just think that
(1) 3D platformers are often undervalued
(2) additionally, the "N64 / PS1" crowd is probably overrepresented here when compared to the average player
(3) 3D platformers are in particular valued by the "N64 / PS1" crowds.

Top Bottom