• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation is currently the Disney of video games?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I mean that of so many errors, bad news, the forced ways of including Woke inclusion in their I.P.S., Not to mention unnecessary releases like The last of us Part II and Part I.

We hope that the new CEO will solve so many failures that the company has had... and also improve the PS PLUS service, that its price increase is not a justification for the quality of its current game catalog.
I have many playstation consoles, so it's not a fighting discussion xD

We know that the cutting-edge company in video games will always be Nintendo.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I confess this didn't turn out the way I expected. I actually wouldn't put either in Disney's situation at the moment.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I still like Housemarque, team Asobi and Bluepoint, Sucker Punch is dependent on how woke or forced emotional stuff is in GoT2.
The rest of the studios either bore me to death or make GaaS shit I don't care about.

The hardware part of Playstation is cool, I really enjoy the Dualsense and PSVR.

ungalo

Playstation is primarily a company that sells games others have made, even today with their strong first party network.

You can't compare them to a cultural power machine like Disney, Disney is just insufferable. It's impossible to hate Playstation as much.

I don't like Playstation big AAA first party and still i think i quite like them as a company. Perhaps it's because i know they never made incredible amount of profits even when they are in good shape.

Last edited:
I find it hard to take Destin seriously any more.

I think he thinks he's making a solid effort at being fair and balanced but he isn't. He says he likes PlayStation's games but everything else out of his mouth is unrelentingly negative, yet he is giving Microsoft a lot of free passes.

You could tell him negative news for Microsoft and he'd spin it. You could tell him negative news about Sony and he'd make a video about it and find a way to cram it into his other videos.

At this point if he isn't being paid for being a shill, he's a moron, because he's doing it for free.

Go_Ly_Dow

Been with Playstation all the way since PS1, but not particularly keen on the current state of the 1st party games and how the company communicates, decline in quality of live events etc...

Naughty Dog is a Last of Us factory.

Insomniac politicising their games.

Santa Monica personally find modern God of War to be forgetful compared to the older entries and modernised in the worst ways possible, particularly the writing/character dialogue.

Bungie, Destiny factory and not interested in GAAS.

Media Molecule lol.

Guerilla, not interested in Horizon.

Main thing that keeps me with PS is the Japanese 3rd party support. Particularly Capcom, Square, From, SEGA, Namco and a few others, as well as Rockstar, Cd Project and handful of Western Studios.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Its not a 1:1 accurate comparison for many reasons but I get the general, vague idea of what you're saying. If I only had PS this gen I'd be obsessed with dwelling on this too. Least used PS system in my life is the PS5, including PSP and Vita. I'm sure they'll put out some stuff before the end that I want though. They usually have an extremely strong 2nd half of the gen.

graywolf323

Can't wait for a "history of Phil Spencers many mistakes" Destiny needs to make a video on how crappy Phil's leadership has been you know the hardware that he actually cares about "winning"
the video will be <1 minute and just be Destin saying “Phil Spencer is perfect and doesn’t make mistakes. Please hire me to replace Major Nelson.”

Quasicat

My PS5 died a few months ago and I didn’t feel the need to replace it. If my Xbox were to die, it would probably be the same story. I’m mostly playing on my Switch and Steam Deck at the moment, and with Sony and Microsoft developing for PC now, I’m happy to go back to the PC in the future.

Last edited:

Pelta88

This increasing focus from some to find “Woke” in every facet of life is kinda perplexing. Like, if they try hard enough they can find woke in the next pebble they stumble across.

I’m guessing they have a boulder sized “Woke” chip on their shoulder and just want to vent… On a gaming forum… Without being called out by mods for stealth politicking. So we get these “Sega, Nintendo, and Uncharted is too woke.” Threads.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The difference is that PlayStation is making more money than ever and Disney... Well...
Disney was making more money than ever not too long ago. Pouring all their resources into massive big budget blockbusters that need to make a gazillion dollars to break even, hyping the shit out of them, injecting a bit more wokeness each time… they found a formula that worked, and kept iterating it long past its prime. To the point where their entire organization is so set on this one-note formula that they don’t even know what the fuck to do now that it stopped working.

Top Bottom