• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation is currently the Disney of video games?

EDMIX

I just never encountered them because I grew up in a working class enviro

I know...

That makes more sense as an answer, then stating "People simply don’t talk like this in real life" or "unnatural"

Do you think pandering to this type of person is a good way to make your videogame better?

It exist in real life, thus exist in a game about New York. I'd hardly call it pandering cause they are showing you a part of a scene you are not part of. Its like saying a game is pandering to Gangs cause they are using terms gangs use.....that might make sense in a game about that subject.
My issue isn’t with the people in the videos you posted, it’s with devs taking a giant shoehorn and forcin

That doesn't make sense either, how is it forced if you literally can see people in the fucking video talking about this subject?

Insomniac didn't just make up a issue, make up a word and place it in a game.

Forced to me anyway is placing something in a game, that doesn't exist in real life, has no place in a city like New York or something odd like this, but sir...you can't acknowledge a video exist showing you that is a real subject, to then state its being forced in a game, about New York....
It isn’t increasing sales or making the games better.
And? As an artist myself, please respect and understand, that isn't always the goal of artist. They may merely be reflecting the idea that you saw in those videos, exist in their world in New York, just like showing the cops and violence of people getting robbed, mugged etc isn't done to fucking increase the sales for police officers or gang members.

I'd argue it makes the game better cause this game is about New York as a setting...unapologetically, they must make it about how New York is. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

So if you made this game, you telling me you would not include any art talking about this subject, even though tons of footage exist of people talking about it in New York?

Would that not be more forced? To remove or omit something based on a personal issue, ignoring that the goal is to show New York, not your fucking feelings on New York? Really, REALLY look at what you are suggesting here, it would be like if someone from California made a game and was like "well, this isn't increasing sales, lets just not talk about the homeless, remove all those tents, let not talk about gang violence" It starts to sound odd and weird, like the person is cherry picking what they wish to show in the city, based on personal reasons and not reality.

As an artist, I often create stories about lots of people I dislike, lots of issues I don't support, cause my fucking goal is to make a story about the actual issues, good, bad and ugly. So if in my work, rape, gangs or anything like that exist, it is not because I'm trying to fucking increase sales by that group and its not to force or support the exact subject as if I fucking support RAPE in real life, its to say I'm making a story about things that occur in America.
It’s ticking boxes to appease the resetera crowd.

^^ It seems many have a really, really hard time understanding that, as why you think this ^^

If an artist working on Spiderman 2 felt this made sense, it exist in New York, I don't see what you issue is. Iconography is merely about the object and thing within a setting, it can only be "forced" if it doesn't normally exist in that setting.

So I have no issue with this being in the game and I'd more question if someone was like "hey, lets remove all police officers cause we are against the cops" lol if anything, that would be odd, forced as clearly Cops exist in New York. So when using the term "forced", stop trying to just use it to talk about shit you don't like, provide evidence that no one is doing this at all in New York.

not that you are triggered by it.

xiskza

Yea, of course the type of person who would use the term BIPOC exist in NYC, and college campuses across America. I just never encountered them because I grew up in a working class environment, not charter schools on the upper west side of Manhattan. Do you think pandering to this type of person is a good way to make your videogame better? My issue isn’t with the people in the videos you posted, it’s with devs taking a giant shoehorn and forcing these out of place social justice talking points into their games. And to what end? It isn’t increasing sales or making the games better. It’s ticking boxes to appease the resetera crowd. It makes me cringe. If it doesn’t bother you, that’s fine too.

Its a niche academic term, not used by anyone else basically that isnt running in those circles, which is why it feels so out of place when it gets stuffed inside movies and games.
Another one of these terms is "Latinx". You will never find a latino person using that term except for the same niche college brainwashed idiots, and its usually young white liberal women pushing this sort of idiotic lingo. Go to latin America or even any hispanic community in America and see how they'll handle "latinx"

Last edited:

Sanepar

People tends to have simple toughts and think too much about the present. They are selling a lot. But they released 1 fuck game this year. They have nothing besides exclusives from thirds next year. They doesn't proper comunicate with their community. MS will have more and more games every year.

Sony has 16 studios. Fucked 9 of them with crap gaas. Bought the crap Bungie for 4bn. It is one poor decision after another.

On the long term they are fucked.

reinking

Gold Member
This increasing focus from some to find “Woke” in every facet of life is kinda perplexing. Like, if they try hard enough they can find woke in the next pebble they stumble across.

I’m guessing they have a boulder sized “Woke” chip on their shoulder and just want to vent… On a gaming forum… Without being called out by mods for stealth politicking. So we get these “Sega, Nintendo, and Uncharted is too woke.” Threads.
The anti-woke movement has become as obnoxious as the woke movement. Not just here, but everywhere I go I see a lot of anti-woke talk that is usually irrelevant to the topic. I have no opinion on it really. I guess I am just mildly woke. Or, mildly anti-woke. Or, just a human trying to let other humans do their human things. I suppose I will have a real opinion on it when it actually affects my day-to-day life which will most likely be never.

EDMIX

Its a niche academic term, not used by anyone else basically that isnt running in those circles,
Truth, but thats like saying gang terms generally won't be used by most. its really mostly used by people running in crowd.
which is why it feels so out of place when it gets stuffed inside movies and games.

Not really. It depends on the game and the film.

The way its used in Spiderman 2 is something spray painted somewhere, that makes sense.

Why would a game or movie only aim to talk about subjects or show iconography only viewed by the majority? lol

You will never find a latino person using that term except for the same niche college brainwashed idiots, and its usually young white liberal women pushing this sort of idiotic lingo

ok...but those "idiots" still exist.

So a game or film talking about them isn't that wild.

The placement of iconography should never be based on your feelings, it exist in New York, is fair game to exist in a game, film etc.

edit. even in my own work, I never use Lingo based on what I personally like, I try my best to use it based on what I feel someone like that in real life would actually say. So as "idiotic" as you might find them, I find lots of people idiotic and still actually create stories around them when writing or working on a concept in America.

it isn't about what I personally like, in every state in America, I'm more then positive you can find people you dislike.

Why would they not be in a game or movie about America? =)

Last edited:

xiskza

Truth, but thats like saying gang terms generally won't be used by most. its really mostly used by people running in crowd.

Not really. It depends on the game and the film.

The way its used in Spiderman 2 is something spray painted somewhere, that makes sense.

Why would a game or movie only aim to talk about subjects or show iconography only viewed by the majority? lol

ok...but those "idiots" still exist.

So a game or film talking about them isn't that wild.

The placement of iconography should never be based on your feelings, it exist in New York, is fair game to exist in a game, film etc.

It exists but its overrepresented in terms of the amount of games and movies that shove that type of lingo in them, considering how few people actually are using it. If it popped up every once in a while it would be one thing, but its been shoved everywhere now.

I'm gay, no way should I be represented in pretty much 90% of tv shows and movies out there. There has been an over correction this past decade to make up for past discrimination and lack of representation, and now "forced diversity" has been added to things that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Disney and Netflix race swapping characters, real life characters, is the point that we have arrived now, where we have black Vikings, black English queens and a black Cleopatra, now they are actually get sued into oblivion by people of some of those countries like Egypt for rewriting history.

Last edited:

EDMIX

It exists but its overrepresented in terms of the amount of games and movies that shove that type of lingo in them, considering how few people actually are using it. If it popped up every once in a while it would be one thing, but its been shoved everywhere now.

Sure, but even fewer are in gangs, yet we have tons of content about that subject. The idea does not have to be proportional to anything else tbh. Who is to say what amount of games should or shouldn't have it? Some law or?
I'm gay, no way should I be represented in pretty much 90% of tv shows and movies out there.
Ok, but...I doubt 90% of tv shows and movies are about that lol Regardless, if those 90% are in America or really anyway in the world, I don't see what the issue is as that exist in real life....
and now "forced diversity"
to things that shouldn't have been there

Based on what? I've heard this, I've yet to see anyone actually prove it. What game or movie has this, where in its universe that subject factually doesn't exist, but it has it?

Forced can only make sense if you can factually prove the original subject mater is in a universe that those ideas don't exist.

Forced can only also make sense if YOU are that created the work and someone else is like "ok, we making zero gangs in the city" or something odd and you proclaim that they are forcing something upon your work. You created it, thus only you would know what is or isn't suppose to be there.

Disney and Netflix race swapping characters

??? I've seen characters do that in some of those original source materials so, this doesn't make sense either if the original artist doesn't care. I have work I created where some of the characters can be swapped if I didn't really write it for a race or gender or something, I have characters that MUST BE an exact thing based on why I wrote the character or something.

So that isn't really an ironclad thing...

So I don't really see this whole term being spray painted as that big of a deal as the term exist, they are in New York and its not like a whole mission is about the subject or the cover of the game shows it or anything odd like that.

You find it randomly on a wall in a whole ass city lol

Woopah

People tends to have simple toughts and think too much about the present. They are selling a lot. But they released 1 fuck game this year. They have nothing besides exclusives from thirds next year. They doesn't proper comunicate with their community. MS will have more and more games every year.

Sony has 16 studios. Fucked 9 of them with crap gaas. Bought the crap Bungie for 4bn. It is one poor decision after another.

In terms of Sony published games they already have Ronin, Helldivers 2 and Concord scheduled for 2024, and I'm sure we'll see further announcements at State of Plays.

Woopah

I'm gay, no way should I be represented in pretty much 90% of tv shows and movies out there. There has been an over correction this past decade to make up for past discrimination and lack of representation, and now "forced diversity" has been added to things that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Disney and Netflix race swapping characters, real life characters, is the point that we have arrived now, where we have black Vikings, black English queens and a black Cleopatra, now they are actually get sued into oblivion by people of some of those countries like Egypt for rewriting history.
I'm curious about the bolded. Why not?

DrFigs

In terms of Sony published games they already have Ronin, Helldivers 2 and Concord scheduled for 2024, and I'm sure we'll see further announcements at State of Plays.
yes if all three do come out next year, then it would be an improvement. but helldivers 2 is a budget title and concord... we know nothing about it.
edit: i should be clear, i have nothing against budget titles and i wish sony made more of them. but i just think it's worth putting into perspective.

Last edited:
Discrediting yourself in the first 16 words of a thread, that's got to be a record.
How he is right. And as a long time Sony guy, owned every console, I am actually getting a Xbox this month. Never thought I woudk ever say that, but after what they did to tlou, uncharted, how they kicked days gone to thr curb because the main character wasn't woke...and on their weird west coast cringe world view. Killing off all the Japanese studios, censoring t&a and bowing down to Twitter culty pressure... Adding in gaas, Not the Sony of ps1-4 (well I guess late ps4)...

Switch has been my go to platform outside of a handful of 3rd party games on ps5.

TLOU remakes, unnecessary? 😂 Not to me they aren't.

I'm guessing the sales numbers will show I'm not alone.
They are a Gen old and look fine. I guess for Gen z who didn't have a ps3/4 sure but most hardcore have played already and they look fine on ps5. Why would I buy something I own for $70.

I think people who use the term woke should be tarred and feathered.
It's an apt description and I'll say it if I like. There is another forum that praises woke shit and bans any dissent. Sorry I like freedom of speech and not going with "current thing" that is being shoved down our throats day in day out.

Last edited:
It’s because all these AAA games are starting to consult with Sweet Baby Inc. it’s a consulting firm made to add woke into games and they’re all lapping it up and outsourcing it. It shows you care by having someone else do the woke crap apparently. Ha
Holy shit dude. I just looked at their website and your right. Right under everyone's nose...all those studios, it explains the shift in tone. I guess I will be even more selective in my purchases, buy used, buy discount, buy using cdkeys and buy Japanese and Euro games. At 45, I have a big enough back log.

Anyone notice the increased amount of Microsoft astroturfing lately? Increased astroturfing in forums, on metacritic user reviews with ChatGPT, etc? It’s funny how it all started shortly before they dropped the console price to $350 usd. It’s almost like it’s a coordinated marketing push for the end of the year to increase sales…

Aces High

Saying they are fucked is a bit too harsh and seems like fortune telling. But yes, there are definitely signs that PlayStation might face harder times.

I disagree with your take on GAAS, though. PlayStation is way too big to keep hiding within their tiny cinematic story game niche now that they've lost Bethesda and Activision as 3rd-party publishers.

Looking back, we know with 100% certainty that popularity of certain genres and game concepts is always changing. Today, the majority of gamers plays GAAS games. The top streamed games on Twitch and YT are GAAS games. Gen Z doesn't care for graphics or story at all. They want to write their own story in gameplay-focused social experiences. Sony doesn't develop these kind of games.

Sony makes their money from 90s kids with high disposable income. 90s kids are in a stage in life where they settle down, start families and embrace conservativism. Sony creates conservative gaming experiences but for some weird reason they also infuse these games with identity politics.

Out of all publishers and platform holders, Sony was the one that got political the most within the past years. It never made sense given their target audience. Now that the world-wide flavour of the month political stance is shifting dramatically from left to right, they will probably face the consequences. I mean just look at Spiderman's failure at game awards.

I would label myself as a PlayStation fan and I'm politically I'm a political middle grounder who favors both left and right politics based on the individual situation. I'm very unhappy with Sony's game output of the past years. PlayStation games mostly have been boring and uninspired cookie cutter experiences with disappointing gameplay mechanics and unlikeable characters. Take away Capcom and From Software games and there's zero reason for me to own a PlayStation at all.

I already canceled my PS+ and I will get more into PC gaming again. So, yes, PlayStation lost me as a customer during PS5 gen and they will have to work hard to get me back.

Anyone notice the increased amount of Microsoft astroturfing lately? Increased astroturfing in forums, on metacritic user reviews with ChatGPT, etc? It’s funny how it all started shortly before they dropped the console price to $350 usd. It’s almost like it’s a coordinated marketing push for the end of the year to increase sales…
Microsoft has always been the worst with astroturfing and fud campaigns. It's a vile company. Always have been.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Put it like this, the only reason I’m considering buying one is for GTA VI and No Rest for the Wicked.

However if Deck 2 can run GTA VI at console spec I would buy that instead.

Insomniac, ND, SM and Horizon are on a really bad trajectory IMO. Absolutely nothing going on first party wise, it’s the worst it’s ever been since the PS1 IMO.

Holy shit dude. I just looked at their website and your right. Right under everyone's nose...all those studios, it explains the shift in tone. I guess I will be even more selective in my purchases, buy used, buy discount, buy using cdkeys and buy Japanese and Euro games. At 45, I have a big enough back log.
Yea it’s ridiculous. And even at this game awards they were announced as a co developer for one of the games. They’re getting bigger and bigger roles and it’s just DE&I woke bullshit.

Taur007

No because Playstation is actually popular and selling really well.
Just because they're selling great doesn't mean they're doing great. They're selling cause they're the iPhone of console, they'll always sell, but looking at middle of PS3/PS4, this gen is trash, too many remakes, ceo abruptly retired, no clear direction, dozen gaas games they don't know whether to shun or burn money funding, lost main money maker (cod) with no replacement, no "gauranteed" hit incoming other than wolverine, PS plus sucks ass + price hike for it, still charging for cloud saves in 2023 etc...the only thing keeping Sony afloat is sales, while the only thing holding MS back is sales cause their future roadmap regarding games crushes sony's so far. This is the most lost I've ever seen sony before.

"We hope that the new CEO will solve so many failures that the company has had"....meanwhile PS5 is selling at a record pace worldwide and Spiderman 2 is the fastest selling game on a single platform in their history.

OP needs to differentiate what he likes from what is actually successful and sells well in gaming.

Disney is dropping nothing but flops recently, PS5 is extremely successful and Sony has been dropping nothing but hits. Just because you don't like remakes and remasters doesn't mean jack shit. Sony is selling a record amount of consoles and games, and those remakes and remasters are getting bought.

What a stupid thread that shows how out of touch some gaffers really are with the gaming populations' wants and needs.

Aces High

"We hope that the new CEO will solve so many failures that the company has had"....meanwhile PS5 is selling at a record pace worldwide and Spiderman 2 is the fastest selling game on a single platform in their history.

OP needs to differentiate what he likes from what is actually successful and sells well in gaming.

Disney is dropping nothing but flops recently, PS5 is extremely successful and Sony has been dropping nothing but hits. Just because you don't like remakes and remasters doesn't mean jack shit. Sony is selling a record amount of consoles and games, and those remakes and remasters are getting bought.

What a stupid thread that shows how out of touch some gaffers really are with the gaming populations' wants and needs.
Disney dominated the entertainment industry with Marvel superhero movies for a decade.

Only because Sony is dominating today doesn't mean they won't have problems tomorrow.

The writing is on the wall and more and more fans are noticing.

Eotheod

The content delivered from people complaining about being complained about through "woke" content inclusivity or awareness in gaming is my kind of entertainment. Please continue to old man yell at clouds while society moves on forward and doesn't implode on itself like the doomsdayers have been claiming for the past 10 years.

Games keep coming out, people keep enjoying them, enraged content keeps delivering for me.

Melfice7

Been with Playstation all the way since PS1, but not particularly keen on the current state of the 1st party games and how the company communicates, decline in quality of live events etc...

Naughty Dog is a Last of Us factory.

Insomniac politicising their games.

Santa Monica personally find modern God of War to be forgetful compared to the older entries and modernised in the worst ways possible, particularly the writing/character dialogue.

Bungie, Destiny factory and not interested in GAAS.

Media Molecule lol.

Guerilla, not interested in Horizon.

Main thing that keeps me with PS is the Japanese 3rd party support. Particularly Capcom, Square, From, SEGA, Namco and a few others, as well as Rockstar, Cd Project and handful of Western Studios.

Agree to most of that

Horizon had the potential but also didnt like the direction they went with most chars

Shoutout to PD though , GT7 even after being disappointed for being cross gen , its a great game i play almost daily

Sucker Punch, BluePoint and Housemarque were good so far too

Disney dominated the entertainment industry with Marvel superhero movies for a decade.

Only because Sony is dominating today doesn't mean they won't have problems tomorrow.

The writing is on the wall and more and more fans are noticing.
This doesn't make any sense at all.

Unless you can read into the future which none of us can there's no way to tell the trajectory Sony is going as far as success is. Sony is not Disney in any kind of way now. Disney is in a hole with nothing but flops being released both critically and financially. Sony isn't anywhere close to that and there is no trend showing that they are. This is stupid and baseless conjecture based on "wokeness" and nothing more.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

If you love normie-fodder then yeah, it’s great.

An enthusiast saying he doesn’t like the direction is absolutely valid, even if it’s profitable for Sony, doesn’t make it an out of touch opinion.

Aces High

This doesn't make any sense at all.

Unless you can read into the future which none of us can there's no way to tell the trajectory Sony is going as far as success is. Sony is not Disney in any kind of way now. Disney is in a hole with nothing but flops being released both critically and financially. Sony isn't anywhere close to that and there is no trend showing that they are. This is stupid and baseless conjecture based on "wokeness" and nothing more.
Dumb argument that adds nothing to the conversation. Exactly the same can be said about people think that this phase of dominance will last forever.

Read the thread. Read other threads. Read other forums. Sony is making cash but hardcore Sony fans are becoming unhappy.

PlayStation games mostly have been boring and uninspired cookie cutter experiences with disappointing gameplay mechanics and unlikeable characters. Take away Capcom and From Software games and there's zero reason for me to own a PlayStation at all.

Sooo.....let's claim their games are disappointing and boring with cookie cutter experiences and then crown other developers that do the same thing. Capcom and From aren't made different, sorry.

Sony is making cash but hardcore Sony fans are becoming unhappy.

No they aren't. You're just in the minority and read nothing but confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Generic

Put it like this, the only reason I’m considering buying one is for GTA VI and No Rest for the Wicked.

However if Deck 2 can run GTA VI at console spec I would buy that instead.

Insomniac, ND, SM and Horizon are on a really bad trajectory IMO. Absolutely nothing going on first party wise, it’s the worst it’s ever been since the PS1 IMO.
I kinda agree with this. With the exception of The Last of Us Factions (which may be or not cancelled) I have no interest in any upcoming Sony first-party game.

Also the last 3-4 months of PS Plus have been underwhelming despite the price increase...

Last edited:
That's first class bullshit.

Corporate fanboys are cringe.

Anyone that disagrees with your opinion is bullshit. Ok fam.

I like From and Capcom games, but Elden Ring is a stitched together Souls experience woven into an open world. It's a medely of their other games and re-uses heavily everything that came before it, even copy pasta enemies/bosses/dungeons. Capcom's done well mostly on remakes rather than new games. They are in no way better, in aggregate, than Sony's output from an objective standpoint.

The woke shit is so overplayed, too. Like, out of a 30 hour game there's 15 minutes of borderline woke stuff that's largely inconsequential. Yet the people that want to blast it will only focus on that one part rather than everything else that's done great.

You're cringe.

Dumb argument that adds nothing to the conversation. Exactly the same can be said about people think that this phase of dominance will last forever.

Read the thread. Read other threads. Read other forums. Sony is making cash but hardcore Sony fans are becoming unhappy.
No one is saying the phase of dominance will last forever, nothing is forever in this "finite" universe of ours but to say but to compare two industries that aren't related because you don't like the games a company is putting out is asinine.

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball that can see into the future, this is a useless and pointless comparison.

If you love normie-fodder then yeah, it’s great.

An enthusiast saying he doesn’t like the direction is absolutely valid, even if it’s profitable for Sony, doesn’t make it an out of touch opinion.
Except that all indications point that even enthusiasts are buying the console and games in record numbers based on sales and market data.

I understand not everyone should like their products but this analysis is based on horse shit right now and emotions rather than actual data. There is no quantifiable data indicating that Sony is losing the favor of enthusiasts, instead it's the opposite.

Last edited:

Aces High

Anyone that disagrees with your opinion is bullshit. Ok fam.

I like From and Capcom games, but Elden Ring is a stitched together Souls experience woven into an open world. It's a medely of their other games and re-uses heavily everything that came before it, even copy pasta enemies/bosses/dungeons. Capcom's done well mostly on remakes rather than new games. They are in no way better, in aggregate, than Sony's output from an objective standpoint.

The woke shit is so overplayed, too. Like, out of a 30 hour game there's 15 minutes of borderline woke stuff that's largely inconsequential. Yet the people that want to blast it will only focus on that one part rather than everything else that's done great.

You're cringe.
No I'm just tired of the same three, four users jumping into any conversation 24/7 in which Sony gets criticized and ridiculing everyone who says something negative about their favorite corporation.

Spider Man was nominated in 7 categories and it didn't win a single award. Despite being one of the most nominated publishers, Sony went home with the least awards. They even got less than ever-failing Microsoft. And gamers make fun of Sony in social media and say it's well deservered.

You guys are so blatantly ignorant and disconnectrd from what's going on in online gaming communities, it's really a pain. We got a fucking price hike for PS+ despite the service getting worse every year. People are dropping their subs left and right and you stand there like a corporate version of Leslie Nielsen telling everyone that there's nothing to see.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No one is saying the phase of dominance will last forever, nothing is forever in this "finite" universe of ours but to say but to compare two industries that aren't related because you don't like the games a company is putting out is asinine.

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball that can see into the future, this is a useless and pointless comparison.

Except that all indications point that even enthusiasts are buying the console and games in record numbers based on sales and market data.

I understand not everyone should like their products but this analysis is based on horse shit right now and emotions rather than actual data. There is no quantifiable data indicating that Sony is losing the favor of enthusiasts, instead it's the opposite.
If you want to talk about quantifiable data what data do you have to support this view? Are sales figures broken down by casual/enthusiast?

Last edited:

Aces High

If you want to talk about quantifiable data what data do you have to support this view? Are sales figures broken down by casual/enthusiast?
I want to see Forbidden West and Ragnarok sales data that shows how many copies were bundled with a PS5 or were digital downloads through PS+, and how many were real purchases.

No I'm just tired of the same three, four users jumping into any conversation 24/7 in which Sony gets criticized and ridiculing everyone who says something negative about their favorite corporatio

You’re free to have your own opinion but claiming most Sony fans are disappointed with the ps5 meanwhile it’s setting the charts on fire is straight up bullshit. You don’t speak for everyone

Spider Man was nominated in 7 categories and it didn't win a single award. Despite being one of the most nominated publishers, Sony went home with the least awards. They even got less than ever-failing Microsoft. And gamers make fun of Sony in social media and say it's well deservered.

Who gives a shit? It was still nominated. That means enough as it is. They tend to win a lot of awards almost every single year

We got a fucking price hike for PS+ despite the service getting worse every year. People are dropping their subs left and right and you stand there like a corporate version of Leslie Nielsen telling everyone that there's nothing to see.

And? I immediately cancelled my ps plus sub when they did that, I don’t need it. But it doesn’t take away from Sony having far better output than most other publishers this gen

Banjo64

cumsessed
I want to see Forbidden West and Ragnarok sales data that shows how many copies were bundled with a PS5 or were digital downloads through PS+, and how many were real purchases.
Probably 10% if I had to guess? More for Horizon, but the fact remains they have sold well.

IMO though that doesn’t speak to their quality. The writing in Sony’s games isn’t even mid at this point, and the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired (from SM, Insomniac, GG and ND).

Top Bottom