• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation is currently the Disney of video games?

Phase

I don't think anyone is disappointed with the ps5 (hardware), they are disappointed with Playstation Studios.

-ND spent their time this gen remaking and remastering games that didn't need any remaking or remastering instead of showing us something new.
-MM 10 year support for Dreams was made a lie. Sony could let it grow on Ps5 and give it PSVR2 support but they canned it.
-SSM released what feels like disc 2 of God of War, doesn't feel like a sequel
-Guerilla released what feels like disc 2 of Horizon
- Sucker Punch also remastered a game that didn't need any remastering
- Bend gives us total silence
- PixelOpus, Sony cheapest "studio" to maintain, was shutdown instead of given another opportunity to make something different that could give Playstation some edge over the competition in terms of image instead of pure profit
- Insomniac released disc 2(3?) of Spiderman
- Bungie is a shitshow
- A lot of smaller studios are chasing the GAAS quick money but their games are most likely to fail straight at launch or be very short lived, or launch after the GAAS bubble bursts (it will happen very soon, like it happened to MOBAs before).
- Many of their games are chasing political motives and forced inclusions in ways that don't really feel natural instead of putting the effort on making games fun first. (TLOU1 approached some of this themes in a suitable not-in-your-face way, but the rest...)

The only studios that really gave us something decent or new were Bluepoint, Housemarque, team Asobi and Insomniac.

In terms of output Insomniac has been carrying the PS5 on its back since the console launch.
Oh yes keep going
george costanza massage chair GIF

Stooky

I don't think anyone is disappointed with the ps5 (hardware), they are disappointed with Playstation Studios.

-ND spent their time this gen remaking and remastering games that didn't need any remaking or remastering instead of showing us something new.
-MM 10 year support for Dreams was made a lie. Sony could let it grow on Ps5 and give it PSVR2 support but they canned it.
- PixelOpus, Sony cheapest "studio" to maintain, was shutdown instead of given another opportunity to make something different that could give Playstation some edge over the competition in terms of image instead of pure profit
- Bungie is a shitshow
- A lot of smaller studios are chasing the GAAS quick money but their games are most likely to fail straight at launch or be very short lived, or launch after the GAAS bubble bursts (it will happen very soon, like it happened to MOBAs before).
- Many of their games are chasing political motives and forced inclusions in ways that don't really feel natural instead of putting the effort on making games fun first. (TLOU1 approached some of this themes in a suitable not-in-your-face way, but the rest...)

The only studios that really gave us something decent or new were Bluepoint, Housemarque, team Asobi and Insomniac.

In terms of output Insomniac has been carrying the PS5 on its back since the console launch.
the Guerrilla Super punch and ND releases sold very well. Insomniac has a huge established franchise with Spiderman and you're comparing that to other studios? Make it make sense.
Pretty sure the House/Kodera/Jimbo days are going to be seen similar to the Iger/Chapek days of Disney. Great CEO in terms of growing the company/brand, but creatively bankrupt and assisted by outside circumstances. Disney was able to acquire the rights to some of the biggest franchises of all time, and they stayed afloat due to those, brand name recognition, and inertia.

The PS4 and PS5 had great hardware and there were many good decisions about the direction of Sony as a brand itself, and we see that success today. Many of the best games on Playstation are 3rd party exclusives from deals they made, or simply from being the dominant platform for the last decade. This not solely due to, but was helped by Nintendo's change in market strategy since the Wii, Xbox's constant blunders.

But in terms of creative output, Sony has largely faltered (with a few exceptions in between). They decided on one approach after Uncharted and The Last of Us changed their direction - 3rd person cinematic games, the same way Disney has decided to churn out Marvel and Star Wars content to feed the beast. Now Sony is expanding their reach to TV/movies, which is a great business decision, but the quality has not been there. And I get it. For Sony as a company, all some MBA needed to say is "synergies" between their movie and gaming businesses, and here we are. Success does not mean quality, and vice versa.

Now both companies find themselves with interm CEOs who will need to figure out a proper succession plan. Hopefully Sony chooses someone with a vision.
You just making it up, not based on anything real world. According to the numbers, the moves Sony are making has made them extremely successful. Why should they stop making 3rd person action adventure when they are the best at it and it continues to sell? The have 2 quality tv shows and a movie based from games that people like. Your just making it all up lol.

- Bungie is a shitshow

Well put. This is exactly the creative bankruptcy I was thinking of when I made a post earlier, with the majority of Sony's studios working on remakes of games from the past decade or cross-gen sequels using the same engine as the first game. The other studios you mentioned:

Bluepoint - Acquisition 2021
Housemarque - Acquisition 2021
Insomniac - Acquisition 2019
Team Asobi - Formerly part of Japan Studio (until 2021), until they closed up most operations.

So basically any of their fresh content has been bought (after the content was mostly finished, mind you) or actively suppressed in favor of remakes/remasters, sequels, and GAAS. I hope Sony gives these studios plenty of headroom and creative control to do their thing. Because it seems like every time they start making decisions for the devs, it's homogenized movie games.

How has Sony largely faltered in creative output when they have been publishing games with strong critical reception?

Because I am talking about creativity. Sony has been about as formulaic and safe as it gets with their biggest studios. Look at the screenshots below - and I only chose one game from their respective series.

the Guerrilla Super punch and ND releases sold very well. Insomniac has a huge established franchise with Spiderman and you're comparing that to other studios? Make it make sense.

You just making it up, not based on anything real world. According to the numbers, the moves Sony are making has made them extremely successful. Why should they stop making 3rd person action adventure when they are the best at it and it continues to sell? The have 2 quality tv shows and a movie based from games that people like. Your just making it all up lol.

According to the numbers, Call of Duty games and Marvel movies are peak quality - just keep making more of them! I'm not saying they should stop making 3rd person cinematic games. Only that they should stop focusing on them to the detriment of other kinds of games. If they let their newly acquired companies do what they want, that's a step in the right direction. Sony used to make games of all all genres, and now they're predominantly over the shoulder laden with cutscenes and the same handful of "puzzles" to let you progress to the next set piece and story beat. That's "made up", it's fact.

Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS
Strategy
Puzzle
WRPG (like Elder Scrolls)
JRPG
Fighting
Character action (like DMC or Bayonetta)
Metroidvania
Survival/horror
Beatemup/brawler

Here is a screenshot from the most recent of Sony's biggest franchises, not including spinoffs/remakes of earlier entries. At least Ghost of Tsushima is a little different from other Sony games, but even that is literally Assassin's Creed: Japan.

thumbnailer.php

cpgy24e42sl11.jpg

DaysGone_28.png

horizon_forbidden_west_ps5_gameplay_by_iammarkel_dfrtqtw-pre.jpg

god-of-war-ragnarok-image.jpg

Stooky

Well put. This is exactly the creative bankruptcy I was thinking of when I made a post earlier, with the majority of Sony's studios working on remakes of games from the past decade or cross-gen sequels using the same engine as the first game. The other studios you mentioned:

Team Asobi - Formerly part of Japan Studio (until 2021), until they closed up most operations.

So basically any of their fresh content has been bought (after the content was mostly finished, mind you) or actively suppressed in favor of remakes/remasters, sequels, and GAAS. I hope Sony gives these studios plenty of headroom and creative control to do their thing. Because it seems like every time they start making decisions for the devs, it's homogenized movie games.
your mistake is making an assumption that sony is controlling these studios creatively. None of these games play the same only comparison is they are 3rd person. People like them, they sell well, and are award winning. again what are you saying? Plenty of 3rd party dev making amazing games on your genre list. Sony dosent need to own them. They don't have to play microsofts game. Call of Duty is hemogenzied. Studios like ND and Sucker Punch reinvent themselves every few years
Because I am talking about creativity. Sony has been about as formulaic and safe as it gets with their biggest studios. Look at the screenshots below - and I only chose one game from their respective series.

According to the numbers, Call of Duty games and Marvel movies are peak quality - just keep making more of them! I'm not saying they should stop making 3rd person cinematic games. Only that they should stop focusing on them to the detriment of other kinds of games. If they let their newly acquired companies do what they want, that's a step in the right direction. Sony used to make games of all all genres, and now they're predominantly over the shoulder laden with cutscenes and the same handful of "puzzles" to let you progress to the next set piece and story beat. That's "made up", it's fact.

Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS
Strategy
Puzzle
JRPG
Fighting
Metroidvania
Survival/horror
Beatemup/brawler

Here is a screenshot from the most recent of Sony's biggest franchises, not including spinoffs/remakes of earlier entries. At least Ghost of Tsushima is a little different from other Sony games, but even that is literally Assassin's Creed: Japan.

thumbnailer.php

cpgy24e42sl11.jpg

DaysGone_28.png

In game development you spend a lot time and money configuring your engine, building , training your team to the project you are making. You can't just turn on dime make something different it takes time. you make a game, hopefully you get to title 1,2,3 do a remake etc, that means the ip is fairly successful. Past that capitalize on the all the development cost and production. Then after that, you have made profit, milked the engine for everything, creatively exhausted your ip, you move on. 2 to 3 years of pre production, 3 years of production to make a GOW, TLOU, 5-6 years total. that's why you get sequels and remakes. It wouldn't happen if didnt sell . Only way to do you are asking for is to be like a Revolver Digital title, much smaller, simple game development, make one title, start from scratch on a new title. Those games are great and have their place, Sony big, system seller titles, has its place too. What you are asking for is in terms of cost is financially bankrupt, and its why many of the big publishers don't do it. Leave those games to people that do it well. Or do what microsoft and buy large publisher so you can say you have all de games.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS (must be new lol, they just announced like several bud, but you'll find a new thing to cry over and make a new entry for new tears)
Strategy
Puzzle
WRPG (like Elder Scrolls) (not sure why it has to be "LIKE elder scrolls, did a new law pass?, are you asking Ubisoft, EA, Take Two where their Elder Scrolls RPG is too orrrrr???)
JRPG (no need, they move the most units for 3rd part in this market)
Fighting (no need)
Character action (like DMC or Bayonetta) (Proceeds to ignore Stellarblade cause it contradicts
Metroidvania
Survival/horror (I see you don't know what The Last Of Us is)
Beatemup/brawler
Most of this list doesn't make any sense because times have changed and Sony as a publisher is not obligated to make every single last one of the genres you stated because when the fuck have they even done that in the past for anything
you're saying to make sense?

Even more stranger is that you're questioning where the FPS is Sony literally did Killzone the previous generation and already has several FPS being worked on right now... So they're not gonna Force a fucking team to keep making the same game on repeat like fucking idiots they're going to allow the team to do something new and thank God they did because Horizon broke every major record for that team.

It's even more weird to ask where the FPS are and they're literally making that Concord game, They have another team of ex- Call of Duty developers at Deviation Games making a first person shooter, Destiny 2 is the first person shooter and they're also making Marathon....

But hey, you'll be here in a few years crying that they make too many FPS soon....the irony lol

It just sounds like you're trying to cherry pick a bunch of shit to complain about as if these were ever standard things for all publishers..... Nothing you listed has ever been a normal standard thing every generation from this publisher to then pretend as if something is now magically "missing" that's like me fucking asking Electronic Arts or Take 2 where those exact things are as if there's this long history of them ever providing that like clockwork or something.

Even the fucking people that made those games don't even make some of those games anymore Konami literally is not even doing Castlevania stuff any longer, But shit you're asking Sony where that is as if they're responsible to provide that?

Sounds like fake criticism like crap you're just making up to cry over to be a victim...

Here is a screenshot from the most recent of Sony's biggest franchises, not including spinoffs/remakes of earlier entries
And? Those teams have been doing 3rd person for generations.

Naughty Dog with Jak and Crash, Insomniac with Spyro and Ratchet, Sucker Punch with Sly and Infamous and Ghost Of Tsushima, Sony Bend with Syphon Filter and Days Gone, Sony Santa Monic with God Of War, Twisted Metal, The Order 1886....and God Of War lol

Thats like acting as if GTA VI and Mafia 4 being in 3rd person is because of a conspiracy with Take 2....then ignore (or simply not fucking know which I feel maybe you just don't know any of this) that Max Payne, Bully, RDR, ManHunt, GTA, Midnight Club, Mafia 1,2 and 3 are all in 3rd person....crazy right, its like those fucking teams favor that or something WILD! What a crazy ass theory bruv

It's even more weird because you try to use this whole third person thing pretending as if that in and of itself is solely a "genre" based on seeing someone's fucking back, but this is as odd as trying to say Titanfall, far cry, Destiny, Call of Duty, Borderlands and bioshock all must be the same type of game because I mean "yOu cOuLd sEe a gUnZ in da sCreEnz"

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yea, of course the type of person who would use the term BIPOC exist in NYC, and college campuses across America. I just never encountered them because I grew up in a working class environment, not charter schools on the upper west side of Manhattan. Do you think pandering to this type of person is a good way to make your videogame better? My issue isn’t with the people in the videos you posted, it’s with devs taking a giant shoehorn and forcing these out of place social justice talking points into their games. And to what end? It isn’t increasing sales or making the games better. It’s ticking boxes to appease the resetera crowd. It makes me cringe. If it doesn’t bother you, that’s fine too.

This is some weird form of elitism if I ever saw it. Being from a working-class environment doesn't make you better than people from NYC. The problem is people like yourself make things like BIPOC odd and weird. Whereas there's many people in this country where it's normalized.

Working-class people's ideas DO NOT have to be the default in games.

No, but because that's not a fair comparison

Disney is what it is, and it's really bad. Sony is bad at his own will

Funny how a hater can hate so much on a company that's selling consoles faster than ever before. They are on the verge to sell 25 million consoles in one year......yet here the haters are.

Most of this list doesn't make any sense because times have changed and Sony as a publisher is not obligated to make every single last one of the genres you stated because when the fuck have they even done that in the past for anything

Even more stranger is that you're questioning where the FPS is Sony literally did Killzone the previous generation and already has several FPS being worked on right now... So they're not gonna Force a fucking team to keep making the same game on repeat like fucking idiots they're going to allow the team to do something new and thank God they did because Horizon broke every major record for that team.

It's even more weird to ask where the FPS are and they're literally making that Concord game, They have another team of ex- Call of Duty developers at Deviation Games making a first person shooter, Destiny 2 is the first person shooter and they're also making Marathon....

But hey, you'll be here in a few years crying that they make too many FPS soon....the irony lol

It just sounds like you're trying to cherry pick a bunch of shit to complain about as if these were ever standard things for all publishers..... Nothing you listed has ever been a normal standard thing every generation from this publisher to then pretend as if something is now magically "missing" that's like me fucking asking Electronic Arts or Take 2 where those exact things are as if there's this long history of them ever providing that like clockwork or something.

Even the fucking people that made those games don't even make some of those games anymore Konami literally is not even doing Castlevania stuff any longer, But shit you're asking Sony where that is as if they're responsible to provide that?

Sounds like fake criticism like crap you're just making up to cry over to be a victim...

Naughty Dog with Jak and Crash, Insomniac with Spyro and Ratchet, Sucker Punch with Sly and Infamous and Ghost Of Tsushima, Sony Bend with Syphon Filter and Days Gone, Sony Santa Monic with God Of War, Twisted Metal, The Order 1886....and God Of War lol

Thats like acting as if GTA VI and Mafia 4 being in 3rd person is because of a conspiracy with Take 2....then ignore (or simply not fucking know which I feel maybe you just don't know any of this) that Max Payne, Bully, RDR, ManHunt, GTA, Midnight Club, Mafia 1,2 and 3 are all in 3rd person....crazy right, its like those fucking teams favor that or something WILD! What a crazy ass theory bruv

It's even more weird because you try to use this whole third person thing pretending as if that in and of itself is solely a "genre" based on seeing someone's fucking back, but this is as odd as trying to say Titanfall, far cry, Destiny, Call of Duty, Borderlands and bioshock all must be the same type of game because I mean "yOu cOuLd sEe a gUnZ in da sCreEnz"

Those fps games are all free2play gaas like warzone... Hard pass

Where is single player fps like Killzone and resistance, doom, etc.. or fps with rpg elements like bioshock, stalker, prey, etc.. 3rd person shooter like rainbow six Vegas, graw, socom, or stealth like mgs, splinter cell?

Wrpgs... They have none fist party, ea has dragon age...fyi Sony will need Wrpgs as Microsoft owns nearly all of them outside of larian, pyranna bytes, warhorse and cdprojeckt.

Diablo like games. Now that Xbox has activision no more diablo, Grim dawn is Xbox exclusive.. I'd love a game like titan quest and sacred 2, champions of norath.

Strategy, they never really delved into this genre outside of indies... Come to think of it where are the awesome indies like we had in the ps3 era.

Jrpgs... They used to have level 5 make them or would have in house dev make them like legend of dragoon, dark cloud.

Xbox now has on lock so many teams making games in genres I like. Will they be good, hard to know. Will they be injected with the mind virus, judging by the fable trailer probably. I was hoping for Sony to compete, but it looks like that won't happen.

your mistake is making an assumption that sony is controlling these studios creatively. None of these games play the same only comparison is they are 3rd person. People like them, they sell well, and are award winning. again what are you saying? Plenty of 3rd party dev making amazing games on your genre list. Sony dosent need to own them. They don't have to play microsofts game. Call of Duty is hemogenzied. Studios like ND and Sucker Punch reinvent themselves every few years

In game development you spend a lot time and money configuring your engine, building , training your team to the project you are making. You can just turn on dime make something different it takes time. you make a game, hopefully you get to title 1,2,3 do a remake etc, that means the ip is fairly successful. Past that capitalize on the all the development cost and production. Then after that, you have made profit, milked the engine for everything, creatively exhausted your ip, you move on. 2 to 3 years of pre production, 3 years of production to make a GOW, TLOU, 5-6 years total. that's why you get sequels and remakes. It wouldn't happen if didnt sell . Only way to do you are asking for is to be like a Revolver Digital title, much smaller, simple game development, make one title, start from scratch on a new title. Those games are great and have their place, Sony big, system seller titles, has its place too. What you are asking for is in terms of cost is financially bankrupt, and its why many of the big publishers don't do it. Leave those games to people that do it well. Or do what microsoft and buy large publisher so you can say you have all de games.

You seem to have lost the thread, this is about parallels between Sony and Disney. Your take is "it's ok Sony only makes one kind of game, they're good at it" and go on to describe how they have created a massive factory that does that one thing. And how it's not financially viable to change a dev team's direction quickly. So when you have several dev teams setup the same way, all inflexible, making similar content, with how expensive and time consuming it is to make modern games - that's a problem just like Disney's.

You're coming off completed unhinged like a petulant child, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Like the guy above, go check what thread you're in. Sony had less resources in the past and somehow managed to deliver greater variety of games than they do now. You even agreed with that point with your examples! It's been about a decade since the last flop of a release they called Killzone (Resistance too), Sony hasn't even attempted to make a FPS in a decade! So you cite Bungie's Marathon (online only PVP, that won't even be out until 2025), Concorde by a no-name dev team, and Deviation's live service FPS, reportedly canned by Sony themselves. Feel free to be wrong about another genre too - if you can even grasp at it.

Really the only thing made up here is your atrocious straw man regarding "3rd party games". Even a braindead monkey can tell the difference between the commonalities between Sony's style of game and an entire point of view.

yurinka

Let's see the main KPIs of PS after the Jimbo era:
  • Sony is making more money than any console maker ever did
  • Sony even passed Tencent and became top 1 company in gaming revenue
  • They are getting record revenue in accesories
  • They are getting record revenue in game subs
  • They are getting record revenue in games/software
  • They are getting record revenue in first party games
  • Sony is more profitable than ever did
  • PS5 is selling better than ever
  • PSVR2 is selling better than PSVR1 and has a bigger and better year 1 lineup
  • Their big games sell way better than ever before and keep breaking sales records
  • Their big games get record amounts of nominations and awards
  • The revenue of their games outside PS continue growing super fast and already are generating them hundreds of millions of dollars per year
  • Their movie and tv show adaptations are very successful too
  • They have record engagement in PS4, PS5 and social media
  • They made several acquisitions in the Jimbo era including Insomniac, Bungie, Housemarque, Bluepoint, Firesprite (former Evolution + Liverpool Studio + Bizarre Creations) or EVO
  • They are heavily growing the manpower in all their studios, allowing to work in more games at the same time
  • In terms of market share, PS continues destroying Xbox, specially in Europe and Japan

Last edited:

NahaNago

I can see playstation being peak disney with marvel and Nintendo being Disney before Marvel. I don't think playstation will fail like Disney did with it's movies. If it did, it wouldn't be from them injecting woke stuff in their games, but from that major push for the online multiplayer games(I guess this would be their version of disney plus because of netflix.)

I also still would like a non souls like jrgp made by Sony even thouh they get 99% of all jrpgs.

Stooky

You seem to have lost the thread, this is about parallels between Sony and Disney. Your take is "it's ok Sony only makes one kind of game, they're good at it" and go on to describe how they have created a massive factory that does that one thing. And how it's not financially viable to change a dev team's direction quickly. So when you have several dev teams setup the same way, all inflexible, making similar content, with how expensive and time consuming it is to make modern games - that's a problem just like Disney's.
no bro, That's modern video game developement and it not just Sony. Every Dev at certain size operates like this. Its not the problem. Disneys problem is that they are making content people don't want to see. They can be as woke as they want but their number 1 goal is to entertain. Some where they forgot who they are making these movies for. Obviously Sony has been delivering, and that's why its a bad comparison. As a vet in this industry, the guy in video really has no clue what he's talking about. Several things he said is not based on anything. He's commenting back on a Jason Schier click bait article and fact the you re trying to get some kind deep meaning conclusion out of it is hilarious. Its one my gripes with gaming youtubers. I really wish there was real gaming journalism and not just uneducated hot takes.

Last edited:
Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS
Strategy
Puzzle
JRPG
Fighting
Metroidvania
Survival/horror
Beatemup/brawler

thumbnailer.php

cpgy24e42sl11.jpg

DaysGone_28.png

What are we doing here. Probably my biggest pet peve of complaints on this form is when people try to same Sony games are "samey". If you actually played these games, you would know none really play alike even though they are third person. It would be like saying "All Xbox has is sci Fi shooters in their latest releases with Starfield, red field, Halo and Gears". It's just completely disingenuous.

Even you lost of genres they "need" is just silly. They have FPS games on the way, and oddly enough people are bitching about that. I would argue that TLoU is survival horror, at least in significant portions of the game. Not to mention over the last 4 years they have also released a couple of platformy type of games in Rachet and Astros playroom. Have a racing game in GT7. Have a AAAish rough like game in returnal. And created a creation type of game with dreams. What you asking for is pretty unfair, as seemingly no platform or publisher for that matter seems to have EVERY type of genre covered.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This is some weird form of elitism if I ever saw it. Being from a working-class environment doesn't make you better than people from NYC. The problem is people like yourself make things like BIPOC odd and weird. Whereas there's many people in this country where it's normalized.

Working-class people's ideas DO NOT have to be the default in games.

Funny how a hater can hate so much on a company that's selling consoles faster than ever before. They are on the verge to sell 25 million consoles in one year......yet here the haters are.

Never said I was better than anybody. I said I lived in NYC for 28 years and never encountered anyone who used the term BIPOC. I know you are desperate to defend your favorite brand but you’re making some absurd leaps. Working class people do not have to be the default POV but I reserve the right to cringe when devs insert out of place social justice commentary in their games. If you like this type of thing in a fucking Spiderman game, that’s terrific and I’m happy for you. I find it lame and forced to appease the resetera crowd.

MacReady13

Been with Playstation all the way since PS1, but not particularly keen on the current state of the 1st party games and how the company communicates, decline in quality of live events etc...

Naughty Dog is a Last of Us factory.

Insomniac politicising their games.

Santa Monica personally find modern God of War to be forgetful compared to the older entries and modernised in the worst ways possible, particularly the writing/character dialogue.

Bungie, Destiny factory and not interested in GAAS.

Media Molecule lol.

Guerilla, not interested in Horizon.

Main thing that keeps me with PS is the Japanese 3rd party support. Particularly Capcom, Square, From, SEGA, Namco and a few others, as well as Rockstar, Cd Project and handful of Western Studios.
All of this is exactly how I feel. I wish Insomniac would release more games like Ratchet and less like the very average Spiderman 2...

GymWolf

Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS
Strategy
Puzzle
JRPG
Fighting
Metroidvania
Survival/horror
Beatemup/brawler

thumbnailer.php

cpgy24e42sl11.jpg

DaysGone_28.png

I would say that only days gone and tlou play in a similar way, horizon, tsushima and gow all play completely different.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sony is generally not doing all that well latelly.

Feels like they are being outplayed on all aspects of their business except Playstation, and with the recent mistakes, I don't think they have that long there ether.

Are some of you guys being paid to say stuff like this? Feels like alot of astroturfing going on lately.

M is pretty bad aswell, sony is just more fresh in our memory because of pander-man 2.

Their prices.

s6w5zdB.png

Never said I was better than anybody. I said I lived in NYC for 28 years and never encountered anyone who used the term BIPOC. I know you are desperate to defend your favorite brand but you’re making some absurd leaps. Working class people do not have to be the default POV but I reserve the right to cringe when devs insert out of place social justice commentary in their games. If you like this type of thing in a fucking Spiderman game, that’s terrific and I’m happy for you. I find it lame and forced to appease the resetera crowd.

I never have a reason to defend a brand I like. It's people like yourself and the OP who need to hate a brand so much to start making stuff up. Understand that most people didn't care either way about the BIPOC thing in Spiderman 2. That's the reality. The world isn't black or white like the internet thinks it is. It's grey.

Woopah

Where are these genres:

2D platformer
FPS
Strategy
Puzzle
JRPG
Fighting
Metroidvania
Survival/horror
Beatemup/brawler

thumbnailer.php

cpgy24e42sl11.jpg

DaysGone_28.png

The issue with the screenshot analysis is thst it just boils everything down to "does it have a third person camera" and "does it use a realistic art style".

The differences in terms of combat mechanics, level design, game structure, progression etc etc. are completely ignored.

Uncharted 4 is a very very different game to Horizon for example. One is a linear third person shooter while the other is an open world action RPG.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Are some of you guys being paid to say stuff like this? Feels like alot of astroturfing going on lately.

s6w5zdB.png

I never have a reason to defend a brand I like. It's people like yourself and the OP who need to hate a brand so much to start making stuff up. Understand that most people didn't care either way about the BIPOC thing in Spiderman 2. That's the reality. The world isn't black or white like the internet thinks it is. It's grey.
Oh wow, a triple A spiderman game sell like hot cakes, to quote joe rogan every time something slightly impressive happen during a ufc fight: "UNBELIEVABLE".

Last edited:

GymWolf

They say nothing about how woke the game is and i never said that the actual game sucks, but nice try.

Are you aware that we didn't knew almost nothing about the writing and the pandering in the game before buying the game right? it's not like modern reviewers are ever gonna criticize woke writing, so we didn't knew jack shit about the game, we trusted that the level was at least like spidey 2018 or morales at worse.

You can read the opinion of many people who actually bought the game and actually post inside forums in the many topics we had here, pretty sure that even evilore had something to say about the game, he must be a weirdo aswell.

You can be in denial all you want, that game is one of the most egregious piece of pandering i ever played, and i even defended hfw and ragnarock that are accused of the same thing, so it's not like a i see woke everywhere, hell i even defended the fable trailer protagonist because i understood the tone of the trailer.

Last edited:

Woopah

They say nothing about how woke the game is and i never said that the actual game sucks, but nice try.

Are you aware that we didn't knew almost nothing about the writing and the pandering in the game before buying the game right? it's not like modern reviewers are ever gonna criticize woke writing, so we didn't knew jack shit about the game, we trusted that the level was at least like spidey 2018.

You can read the opinion of many people who actually bought the game and actually write inside forums in the many topics we had here.
Having not played Spiderman 2 yet, what is the issue with it exactly?

GymWolf

Having not played Spiderman 2 yet, what is the issue with it exactly?
It's a long list and i don't wanna prolong this argument more than it deserve, you can go in any of the recent topics about the game to read what it's all about.

It's a fun reading, enjoy :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But it's pretty spoilery so you may want to play the game first.

Gameplay, traversal and some story bits\scenes are still good\great so it deserve at least a run, i'm not even selling the game because i want to play the probable dlc, so i enjoyed it well enough.

Last edited:

Woopah

It's a long list and i don't wanna prolong this argument more than it deserve, you can go in any of the recent topics about the game to read what it's all about.

It's a fun reading, enjoy :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But it's pretty spoilery so you may want to play the game first.

Gameplay, traversal and some story bits\scenes are still good\great so it deserve at least a run, i'm not even selling the game because i want to play the probable dlc, so i enjoyed it well enough.
Fair enough, I'll wait!

I'm always curious about this sort of thing, as I saw Horizon 2 and Ragnarok being criticised for being woke and those games are amazing.

GymWolf

Fair enough, I'll wait!

I'm always curious about this sort of thing, as I saw Horizon 2 and Ragnarok being criticised for being woke and those games are amazing.
I liked both (ragnarock was my goty that year) but spidey 2 is on a whole other level.

They are not even smart about it, i just make one single example, while using miles you need to help a black music history museum to solve a case of robbery that involve stolen black musicians music instruments, in the end, the thief is a rich white man that does that for selfish reasons, you can't get more in your face than that (playing the whole quest by yourself is even worse than it sound)

And that is not even close to the worse moment (naive fanboys could even tell you that my example is a coincidence :lollipop_smirking: )

Last edited:

Woopah

I liked both (ragnarock was my goty that year) but spidey 2 is on a whole other level.

They are not even smart about it, i just make one single example, while using miles you need to help a black music history museum to solve a case of robbery that involve stolen black musicians music instruments, in the end, the thief is a rich white man that does that for selfish reasons, you can't get more in your face than that (playing the whole quest by yourself is even worse than it sound)

And that is not even close to the worse moment (naive fanboys could even tell you that my example is a coincidence :lollipop_smirking: )
See that sort of thing would not bother me at all. Spiderman has had rich white men be villains for decades.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you think the thief should have been black too?

GymWolf

See that sort of thing would not bother me at all. Spiderman has had rich white men be villains for decades.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you think the thief should have been black too?
Oh i don't mind white men villains, but can't you see the irony of a black music history museum robbed by a white RICH man?

Just play the game, maybe you are not gonna be bothered at all like i was not bothered by ragnarock.

Woopah

Oh i don't mind white men villains, but can't you see the irony of a black music history museum robbed by a white RICH man?

Just play the game, maybe you are not gonna be bothered at all like i was not bothered by ragnarock.
I don't really see any irony there, but I have not played the game so may be missing some context.

Thanks for replying 🙂

Top Bottom