• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Even If I Will be stuck with my 1080p tv until it breaks (wife hates the tv..)how do I know If the tv is capable of downscaling say 4K to 1080p? Guess a Neo would be a good choice for me If the tv can handle the downscale. An LG 55" from 2013 (cant remember the model name)
The Neo will handle all the scaling.

I have this worry that the announcement is going to be "here we have this slightly more powerful console, it can do a litlitter more if devs choose to (but they wont). Available in oct!"

But I do hope for backwards compatibility and a hell of a show.

People keep saying this, and ignoring the fact that around the same time that document was being written, Osiris was being told by Sony they were targeting Q1, and a couple of weeks after E3, he was told again by Sony they were still looking at Q1. Edit: And the PDF says final kits release is TBD, and we know devs still don't have them.

Where did we hear that devs don't have them? Also, here's hoping if true, those final dev kits have higher specs. I for one am hoping they can make this thing as powerful as possible given everything. Call it ocd but I just don't like the number 4.2.

Just 2 days away, we already know they gonna do the Apple thing with PS4-Slim being Available Now! due to the leaks. Hopefully the NEO will be as pretty as it's devkit and available very soon.

Nah, they already have a "PLUS" titled product or rather service in PS+.

I think PS4K would be the way to go.

It's been mentioned several times in the thread already, but I rather like the simple naming sense of "PS4 Pro". It makes the distinction from the standard slim model clear, and is very straightforward in telling people that it is a premium model.

So we have Morpheus (VR) and NEO (the super console).... so where is Trinity (a new handheld?)

Some stores are selling PS4 Slim in Iran. If I want to convert its price to dollar, it's something like $570!

Those merchants are gauging up the prices. They might have paid more for them and would surely want to make killer profit margins from those who have more money that don't know what to do with.

If Plus wasn't already used by one of their services, I'd say that Playstation 4 Plus is probably the best name to use, especially for the mass market given it's usage by Apple.

But alas, I think it would cause far too much confusion. PS4 Pro is good too.

PS4 Pro is good too.

Dunno, mixing 'Pro' with 'Gaming' doesn't make much sense. Will it only be targeted at the Pro Gamer?

If they borrow the terminology from their camera division, they will just go with PS4 II. Or maybe their phone division will come to the rescue with a PS4 Z or something.

Probably neither.

Dunno, mixing 'Pro' with 'Gaming' doesn't make much sense. Will it only be targeted at the Pro Gamer?

If they borrow the terminology from their camera division, they will just go with PS4 II. Or maybe their phone division will come to the rescue with a PS4 Z or something.

Probably neither.

Fair enough. I was thinking of the phone market a bit too much.

Melchiah

I kinda hope the rumors about October release aren't true, as the tax returns come in early December, and I don't want to wait to be able to buy it.

Oh man I hope the Neo is priced at $399 or lower (lower would be better) my PS4 is starting to not read disc which is worrisome.

When it comes to "premium" products, there is actually a thing called "too cheap". I consider anything with a "3" at the beginning too cheap for a premium console. Your assessment may differ.

Ovek

7Member7
So we have Morpheus (VR) and NEO (the super console).... so where is Trinity (a new handheld?)

Those merchants are gauging up the prices. They might have paid more for them and would surely want to make killer profit margins from those who have more money that don't know what to do with.

Trinity is the breakout box for the PSVR headset.

Its here... Elite Controller leaked!?!?!

51549814_Alt01

http://www.target.com/p/playstation-4-elite-wireless-controller/-/A-51549814

J/k 3rd party accessories at it again! Gotta give em'credit though lol!

DualShock 4 with Xbox One elit controller parts? Impossible. Fake.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
When it comes to "premium" products, there is actually a thing called "too cheap". I consider anything with a "3" at the beginning too cheap for a premium console. Your assessment may differ.

Yeah, i'd say i'd disagree. I can't understand where this obsession with the word premium comes from, as if it explains the absolute most powerful parts and specs, huge prices and absolute abandon for any kind of price or market controls.

Sony aren't Nvidia or Alienware with their gaming unit.

I have this worry that the announcement is going to be "here we have this slightly more powerful console, it can do a litlitter more if devs choose to (but they wont). Available in oct!"

They will focus on the 4K aspects of HDR enabled gaming and what the NEO actually is supposed to represent fro them as a company.

Its a lot to talk about

Yeah, i'd say i'd disagree. I can't understand where this obsession with the word premium comes from, as if it explains the absolute most powerful parts and specs, huge prices and absolute abandon for any kind of price or market controls.

They will focus on the 4K aspects of HDR enabled gaming and what the NEO actually is supposed to represent fro them as a company.

Its a lot to talk about

Isn't HDR jumping the gun though? As I understand it HDR provides significant input lag.

_Ryo_

Just 2 days away, we already know they gonna do the Apple thing with PS4-Slim being Available Now! due to the leaks. Hopefully the NEO will be as pretty as it's devkit and available very soon.

Is there a pic of the neo dev kit? I don't remember seeing it.

Do you this think that Neo will pack features like PSX and PlayTV like DVR for 4K and other features that can sort the device as premium UHD device?

I'm really surprised nothing new got leaked out yet for Neo.

To be fair, what is there to leak?
We already have specs which likely haven't changed.

The only notable leaks could be the name of the system and price.
I don't see any massive new games being announced at this meeting either although I hope I'm wrong there.

Melchiah

OléGunner;215925204 said:

I don't see any massive new games being announced at this meeting either although I hope I'm wrong there.

I'm hoping Uncharted 4 DLC will be revealed there.

Some people here clearly haven't realized the role of PS4 Neo yet. PS4 Neo isn't OG PS4' substitute; PS4 Slim is. PS4 Neo is OG PS4's direct successor, at least in the long run. But for now, this is the first time Sony wants to place two completely different SKUs playing the same games succesfully on the market.

In order to do so, PS4 Neo is clearly positioned as a premium product, while the Slim covers the price leadership. But to be considered "premium" it has to differentiate itself from the cheap one, both (!) by product features and price. If it's offered too cheap, the market will not recognize it as a true successor of OG PS4, literally worthy enough to replace their old (already bought) PS4s.

I do price analyses (amongst other things) for a living and that's why I am sure PS4 Neo will not be as cheap as some people hope it will be.

Klart

OléGunner;215925204 said:

The looks, baby, the looks! A new controller? Other features?...

IMO they'll be heavy on emphasising "It's a PS4, part of the PS4 family, your games will continue to work great on PS4 - but if you're one of those demanding people who wants MORE or who wants the perfect partner for PSVR, we have a product for you".

Which is basically the truth and a nice way to put it.

(edit: in other words they won't throw the PS4 under a bus by saying "LOOK AT THE OMG NEO IT IS THE BEST AND THE FUTURE AND LOL PS4SLIM").

I'm hoping Uncharted 4 DLC will be revealed there.

Teaser trailer is what I could imagine this early.
But again, is that something that showcases Neo's potential all that much since it's just a teaser? I don't think so.

New Horizon gameplay demo for example on Neo would be way more effective, then show UC4 DLC at PSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom