• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOOI

Banned
no insider/leaked news for the neo? is it in mass production yet?

The original news leak from China claim that the Slim and the likely Neo are being produced at the same time. There was no confirmation that it was the Neo but the guy said it looks like the PS4 Slim, but thicker.

wapplew

The original news leak from China claim that the Slim and the likely Neo are being produced at the same time. There was no confirmation that it was the Neo but the guy said it looks like the PS4 Slim, but thicker.

Slim started mass production 3 months ago, Neo started this month.

Hmmm?

Whichever it is doesn't matter that much though, in terms of sales I can't see Neo coming anywhere close to the launch PS4.

No doubt, but initial launch sales, at the very least, are going to be big I think. If production only started this month, we're probably going to see limited stock this Xmas.

NOOI

Banned
Hmmm?

Whichever it is doesn't matter that much though, in terms of sales I can't see Neo coming anywhere close to the launch PS4.

Which is why I suspect the Neo would be released at the same time as Slim. Sure, Neo might have been produced later and as such be of a lesser quantity, but if Sony was going to expect Slim to be the main seller anyway then they might not need to stockpile Neo too much.

In regards to production Sony don't need to have as many Neo's ready for launch as they did for the PS4 so if they are starting production now then they will have plenty for the end of the year to meet demand. Going to be an expensive Xmas this year with Neo, PSVR and all those games.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Found something (minor) on a middleware's developer changelog:
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkhist.htm

Don't know if those two GPU modes are in regards to NEO but it sure sounds like it.

Great find!

My guess:

PS4S / 500Gb: $249 - Available 9/14, OG PS4 now $249, with game voucher
PS4K / 1Tb: $449 - Mid October

I think they may have already stopped production of OG PS4, not sure they have any other plans besides letting stock run out

Caio

My guess:

My guess also! I said PS4 NEO by end of Oct, while S by end of Sept; can't wait for the Official Reveal !

Neo with a Dual GPU ? OMG in that case coud be easy a 6-7 TF machine.

NOOI

Banned
I think they may have already stopped production of OG PS4, not sure they have any other plans besides letting stock run out

Here is a source from the Wall Street Journal:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-to-sell-updated-model-of-standard-playstation-4-1471833069
Ahead of the September news conference, Sony has cut production of PlayStation 4 to adjust inventory, people familiar with the matter said. Several major e-commerce websites in Japan, including Sony’s own e-commerce site, said the PlayStation 4 was out of stock.
“The white model was gone two weeks ago and we just sold our last black model in stock,” said the chief of the videogame floor at a major electronics store in Tokyo. “Our central purchasing department warned us we wouldn’t get any for now because the item is simply not in distribution channels.”

dancmc

My guess also! I said PS4 NEO by end of Oct, while S by end of Sept; can't wait for the Official Reveal !

Neo with a Dual GPU ? OMG in that case coud be easy a 6-7 TF machine.

I think the "both gpu" quote is referring to OG PS4 gpu and neo gpu, not a ps4 with dual gpus

gamepro.de is also referencing this article and added that they got information today about Sony releasing both Slim and Neo at the beginning (!) of September.
Nachdem uns heute der Hinweis erreicht hat, dass Sony Anfang September zeitgleich die PS4 Neo und PS4 Slim auf den Markt bringen will, scheint ein Bericht des Wall Street Journal dies zu bestätigen.

http://www.gamepro.de/news/3301518/playstation.html

EDIT
Sorry for the typos...

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
gamepro.de is also referencing this article and added that they good information today about Sony releasing both Slim and Neo at the beginning (!) of September.

B] die PS4 Neo und PS4 Slim auf den Markt bringen will, scheint ein Bericht des Wall Street Journal dies zu bestätigen.

Thereitis.gif

Lionheart

My guess:

Is the current PS4 already $299 in the US in most places or so? I don't understand why they'd skip $299 otherwise. Just because of the cost reductions or because of the XBox One S with 4K BD?

Psychologically, $349 to $299 is already a big step. Special promotions / bundles can bring it down further or add more value. It'll definitely be $249 around Black Friday.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Never heard of Gamepro.de, are they pretty legit? Because i would be pumped if Neo comes out that soon.

Gamepro used to be an official game magazine operation here in the states years ago. But they closed up. I'm assuming their denmark operations are still going

Aceofspades

Banned
Dual GPUs?

I would say keep your expectations low, its impossible to have dual GPU console in a reasonably priced box.

Hell even developing for that is a nightmare.

ekim

Gamepro used to be an official game magazine operation here in the states years ago. But they closed up. I'm assuming their denmark operations are still going

It's German. :p And they are a sister magazine of Gamestar.de and they are pretty legit.

Dual GPUs?

I would say keep your expectations low, its impossible to have dual GPU console in a reasonably priced box.

Hell even developing for that is a nightmare.

The change log entry simply mentions two GPU *MODES*; not two GPUs

Pennywise

gamepro.de is also referencing this article and added that they got information today about Sony releasing both Slim and Neo at the beginning (!) of September.

http://www.gamepro.de/news/3301518/playstation.html

EDIT
Sorry for the typos...

It actually sounds more like a missinformation.
Because further down in the article they state that the rumored date of the slim is the 14th of September, while there are no informations about the NEO.

There is also no information in the previous article, therefore I bet they used the "zeitgleich" wrong and actually meant the unveiling.
I would remain cautious about it.

At least the exact date, doesn't mean that it will not be released that month.

Kyne

If this thing comes out in October then I'm cancelling my $300 FF15 Ultimate Collector's Editiion and getting the Neo instead.

I'm already buying the PSVR and there's no way I can justify over a $1,000 in videogame purchases in a single month.

It better come in white.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'll buy NEO over PSVR. Using a device which further removes me from the life I live with my wife = divorce papers.

Edit: I love my marriage to be honest, and if it ended in divorce, the half my stuff she could take might include my game systems out of spite.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'll buy NEO over PSVR. Using a device which further removes me from the life I live with my wife = divorce papers.

Edit: I love my marriage to be honest, and if it ended in divorce, the half my stuff she could take might include my game systems out of spite.
Fuck that. Just hide it lol.

Kyne

wait, just remembered the FF15 delay.

back in business boyz. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

still.. TLG CE + PSVR + PSVR games + FF15UCE + DS3 DLC ... gonna be an expensive 2 months.

Elandyll

Banned
Is the current PS4 already $299 in the US in most places or so? I don't understand why they'd skip $299 otherwise. Just because of the cost reductions or because of the XBox One S with 4K BD?

Psychologically, $349 to $299 is already a big step. Special promotions / bundles can bring it down further or add more value. It'll definitely be $249 around Black Friday.
OG PS4 has already been $299 for an extended period of time late 2015, including Battlefront at one point.

Including store credit, I paid $209 for my UC PS4 on Black Friday 2015.

If they had followed a regular pricing pattern, the PS4 would already be $299, and it is including a high profile 3rd party $60 AAA at $349.

Imo $299 would be a big miss, but they'd still sell plenty of it.

$249+UCC voucher (or TLOU, or Infamous2) would be def where I would see them going.
BF deals would be still $249 but with game collection, some stores prolly offering a $50 gift card.

Elandyll

Banned
Pretty sure the slim will be one of those "available now" deals. It would be odd imo to put it off another week when warehouses are already stocked with them.
"Available Now!" is imo definitely possible, but it could just make the OG PS4 possibly less desirable than the new model?
Not sure if there's much of the OG still out there with reports of low stocks and EoP.

NOOI

Banned
"Available Now!" is imo definitely possible, but it could just make the OG PS4 possibly less desirable than the new model?
Not sure if there's much of the OG still out there with reports of low stocks and EoP.

The OG would be discounted of course. But that's what happens to any outdated hardware. You can buy anything for cheap if you are patient enough.

The whole point of "available now!" is to prevent the OG model becoming undesirable but with nothing to replace it. Had they announced the Slim but delayed the actual release for a month, that would be one whole month of zero PS4 sales.

If OG PlayStation 4 production has really stopped I doubt they care, but a price drop for them is very possible. Also like said above, if it was announced and delayed a month then why would anyone buy the old model when the new one is coming so quickly?

What's the chance of an available now announcement happening with Neo? I think it'll release in October to supplement VR.

I'd say low, if it was happening it would have been leaked with the slim imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom