• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction: high profile third party sequel will debut at this. Non-exclusive. This isn't from a source exactly, but conjecture based on impending announcements. I have a specific game in my head. Happy to disclose to a mod.
Red Dead sequel perhaps?

Not many remember, but Red Dead Redemption was first shown (without a title) at the Sony E3 PS3 reveal conference in '05.

Seriously, no goddamn motion control demos. I always zone out during those when I'm at E3.

I remember when they did Wonderbook last year and I just muted the video and started surfing around the net to see if any other news was leaking out. I had no idea that I was going to have to do that for nearly 15 minutes. :/

AAK

Seriously, no goddamn motion control demos. I always zone out during those when I'm at E3.

Do what I do, play a fun game for a couple of hours and then catch the archive and forward the boring parts.

EDIT: oops, forgot to read @ E3, yeah, it must suck watching it live.

I stand corrected then, but wasn't Tekken Tag Tournament also considered a standout title during the PS2 launch (w/SSX) because I don't know if would go close to calling TTT B-list?

You are correct that Tekken Tag was high profile at launch but at the time it was getting 8's in the reviews and the word on the streets that if you wanted a fighting game DOA 2:Hardcore was the way to go. Over the years Tekken Tag has become fondly remembered but it had alot of negative word of mouth (not super negative but it was there) when it came out. SSX was the game in NA that all the magazines and websites were hailing as the Showcase title.

Trying to imagine this with 10X the detail:

E3-TrailerUSKILLZONE-09.jpg

I have a feeling minds will be blown.

Thinking we'll see stuff like this:

blade_runner1.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I remember when they did Wonderbook last year and I just muted the video and started surfing around the net to see if any other news was leaking out. I had no idea that I was going to have to do that for nearly 15 minutes. :/

Imagine sitting in the audience not being able to do much :( I think I was on my phone. NEVER AGAIN, SCEA.

Should have kept that for Gamescom anyway.

Has there ever been an instance outside of maybe Eternal Darkness & Re4, where a game that started development on one platform and was moved to the successor platform been successful? From my memory every single time it either ends up being a huge sale flop or a critical failure. Off top of my head:

star fox: dinosaur planet
shenmue (sorry guys it was good but it didnt sell)
Duke Nukem Forever
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Too Human

I liked alot of those games but they got slaughtered and I'm wondering if the same will happen to FF Vs. XIII and Last Guardian assuming they even come out at all without a RADICAL transformation.

I'm also wondering what happens to other HD collections at this point like FFX HD will they just be released on PSN availble for all platforms or will they release a packaged version and if so PS3 or PS4?

blade_runner1.jpg

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. The AAA tittles will look like that at a minimum. Maybe not the launch titles but definetly going forward from Fall'14 onward. This is not some case like Nintendo repackaging old tech with fluff and selling it as next gen. Microsoft and Sony will do a true generational leap. What game is this pic from BTW? The pink neon in the window looks like it says "Brazil" which is a homage to the dystopian/cyberpunk film of the same name.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

blade_runner1.jpg
We may get something like the BR shot later on in the gen but I highly doubt we'll be seeing it at launch, much less next week. The games shown will be running on alpha or beta kits.

EMT0

Banned
I can't believe the Kazification slowed down. I am honestly amazed. It was picking up steam and saw no signs of slowing a few days ago.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

House is just a bad speaker also has no stage presence and no charisma.

if he is the one doing the talking this time(and its most likely)I'll just read gaf thread instead of watching the stream.

but I hope they let Jack handle the meeting

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just wait for the infamous target render videos. This will be legendary.

The PS3 target renders were done well before the devs even know what to expect out of the PS3 hardware. We're going to see games releasing this year by devs who have been planning for years for next gen games. We're going to see real stuff. It may be a bit underwhelming visually since the don't have final hardware yet but it'll at least be real.

Boss Man

blade_runner1.jpg
I like the way you think. I think a lot of people have current-gen goggles on and just can't foresee the real changes that we're going to experience. If you look at the differences between generations, they're a lot more than better textures. The entire scene changes, it's why an HD remake of a PS2 game still doesn't look anything like a PS3 game.

Imagine sitting in the audience not being able to do much :( I think I was on my phone. NEVER AGAIN, SCEA.

Should have kept that for Gamescom anyway.

Must've been terrible. This summed of the reaction on the forum

SiNG in Nintendo's conference was the only other game that dipped under -100. I'm hoping that we'll avoid any of the motion control stuff since this is the unveiling. They've got to know by now how negatively people react to that. But E3 will likely be a different story. :/

Shayan

Banned

blade_runner1.jpg

man Guerilla doesnt disappoint

those crazy european programmers with insane level of talent, you know very well whats on our way :)

I cant imagine the impact KZ4 will make :)

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. The AAA tittles will look like that at a minimum. Maybe not the launch titles but definetly going forward from Fall'14 onward. This is not some case like Nintendo repackaging old tech with fluff and selling it as next gen. Microsoft and Sony will do a true generational leap. What game is this pic from BTW? The pink neon in the window looks like it says "Brazil" which is a homage to the dystopian/cyberpunk film of the same name.

thats KZ psp2?? which looks incredible and i am sure KZ4 will look much better than that :) This is Guerilla dude

Just wait for the infamous target render videos. This will be legendary.

I can tell you that every footage that you will see will be realtime. :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

It was a competition entry where they recreated a few shots from Blade Runner in UE3.

We may get something like the BR shot later on in the gen but I highly doubt we'll be seeing it at launch, much less next week. The games shown will be running on alpha or beta kits.

I think we'll get something like that next week with Guerrilla Games' title.

They pulled off ridiculous levels of detail with overly complex 2005 hardware.

Can't imagine what they're going to pull off for a system that probably was designed with their direct input and a larger staff.

The conference will almost certainly not start with the PS4. They started the Vita conference with 20 minutes of talk about their current platforms.

The conference will almost certainly not start with the PS4. They started the Vita conference with 20 minutes of talk about their current platforms.

Yep, I remembering thinking people had been duped, I think they even talking about their cell phones for a bit. This is Sony's big time to talk about all of their stuff and that's not only the PS4. Probably talk up the PS3 a bit, show a Vita revision (with a quick montage of games) and then like 15 minutes later get to PS4

This is like the dead on proof that PS4 will be revealed, just in case if we need some more confirmation :)

WSJ already confirmed it. At this point not announcing the PS4 on Feb. 20th. is unacceptable. They are already past the point of no return and I'm sure they have spent the last year preparing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom