• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully that means a price cut and a couple new vita exclusive games announced.

I wouldn't expect anything like that. Kaz said the Cyber Society video that they showed in 05 was very forward thinking. Then went on to say that the PS3 had won its place as the center of the living room and that the portable space had undergone huge changes since the PSP. Then he got into the PS Suite and eventually the Vita. It was just really about a recap of their platforms instead of any announcements about them. The actual conference was centered completely around the Vita with nothing to take any of the discussion away from it.

Spongebob

Banned
blade_runner1.jpg

What hardware was that running on?

I'm not sure if a 1.84TFLOPS GPU and jaguar cores will be enough for that.

Can't wait to see Gaf crying about the AR Dinosaurs walking around on stage & the 3D Avatars.
The tears will be glorious.

Who's WSJ?

The Wall Street Journal

I saw the video and the only details are it will be disc based but Sony was considering making the console all digital for the longest time and that it is unclear if it will be called PS4 or something else. Also the philosophy behind the system will be strong social gaming (think HOME, Miiverse, Facebook, etc.) and a bigger push to make it the central entertainment unit of the living room (so expect a full suite of apps running on it like you would see on an Apple or Android device) in addition to next gen games. They have no info on pricing but they don't expect it to be priced like the PS3 because of the sticker shock that caused for consumers last time.

what are the chances that there will be shortages for both PS4 and XBox Next? All 3 of the current systems (PS3, XBox 360, and Wii) were hard to find during their first holiday season. Yet the Wii U was relatively easy to snag this past holiday season. What were the circumstances that led the aforementioned 3 to become hard to get? Why was the Wii U so easy to get a hold of? And realistically, what should I come to expect come the fall for what Microsoft and Sony plan to offer?

what are the chances that there will be shortages for both PS4 and XBox Next? All 3 of the current systems (PS3, XBox 360, and Wii) were hard to find during their first holiday season. Yet the Wii U was relatively easy to snag this past holiday season. What were the circumstances that led the aforementioned 3 to become hard to get? Why was the Wii U so easy to get a hold of? And realistically, what should I come to expect come the fall for what Microsoft and Sony plan to offer?

Likely. Though the rise of Apple and the collapse of the U.S. economy has slowed down the general publics appetite for $400 video game systems I think there will still be lines and shortages because of the hype. Even the Wii U sold out in some places.

Hazelhurst

There are more entertainment options, like smartphones and tablets, nowadays versus when the 360, PS3, and Wii came out. More competition, so less demand for the new game systems (3DS, Vita, Wii U).

Boss Man

I could be wrong about this but I think everyone may be underestimating how ready people are for new consoles. I mean, it's been a very long time since shiny new graphics entered the scene. People could get a lot more excited about it than what most are predicting.

FluxWaveZ

This feels like E3 in February.

Man, do we even need E3? Between Nintendo Directs and this PlayStation Meeting, it almost feels like companies could just have their own smaller events instead of have everything in one concentrated burst where they're all competing for everyone's attention.

Man, do we even need E3? Between Nintendo Directs and this PlayStation Meeting, it almost feels like companies could just have their own smaller events instead of have everything in one concentrated burst where they're all competing for everyone's attention.

I feel like this is going to the E3 we've all wanted for a while now. There's good reason to believe that this will deliver. That's why people are so hyped with all the Kazification. We're all foaming at the mouths from insanity and hype for this thing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

E3 will literally be "let's waste everyone's time for two hours before announcing launch date and price" conferences.

Shayan

Banned
What hardware was that running on?

I'm not sure if a 1.84TFLOPS GPU and jaguar cores will be enough for that.

The tears will be glorious.

definitely 1.84TF jaguar will be enough. It doesnt look next gen impressive

people should see KZ psp2 before commenting what might be possible on next gen HW

Blizzje

I remember the trophy room getting announced, or rumored, can't remember. I was totally excited about showning off my hardearned plats... did they ever deliver and create a room for trophies? Can't say I've followed home in... forever.

spats

I remember the trophy room getting announced, or rumored, can't remember. I was totally excited about showning off my hardearned plats... did they ever deliver and create a room for trophies? Can't say I've followed home in... forever.

Nope.

Hanmik

Sony is changing stuff... they are even advertising differently.

I was watching Real madrid vs. Man Utd. last night. Normally Sony has big banner ads with the words:

"PsVita" like this
0yAz7xM.jpg

but yesterday they ONLY showed this..
a5fw76o.jpg

(taken from the Dortmund match)

I can´t seem to remember a match where there only has been the name "Playstation" advertised. Sony pays ALOT of money to get the ad space.. Every match I have seen, they have advertised for specific products like "Playstation 2" "Playstaion 3" and "PsVita". But yesterday it was only the "playstation" brand that got TV time.. several time during the RM vs. MU match they had the ad on every banner around the field.. looked great,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom