• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilcOP1tMYlG7V.gif

iwB9ZItMCZN5r.gif

Concept17

So what is everyone's bets on Media Molecule showing something new vs showing a new LBP?

Would love to see a fully 3d LBP (karting was halfway there). At the same time I would also like to see them with a new IP to build upon, and take a break from LBP.

The 20th of February
Will be a day of bliss
Come one , come all
For this you don't want to miss

Sony will be in the limelight
They will deliver unto us
Magic so wonderful
In Kaz Hirai we trust

There it glimmers
In all it's GDDR5 glory
The holy grail of gaming
Now begins the PS4 story

Who knew that poetry was going to be the indication that the hype levels are reaching critical mass?

thuway

Have you found out new info? Versus and TLG cancelled? TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

tumblr_mcfoxvFkOR1rw5melo1_500.gif

I'm not here to spoil the event for any one :). There are a few others in the thread that know what's going on, but it's best to just let you folks enjoy the show for yourself. I just hope some jack ass doesn't reveal everything at the 11th hour. FYI: I only know of two things at the event. I'll say this though, Sony will have to save things for E3. So prepare for a very balanced event. There will be enough tease to wet your whistle, but don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years.

nib95

Banned
The 20th of February
Will be a day of bliss
Come one , come all
For this you don't want to miss

Sony will be in the limelight
They will deliver unto us
Magic so wonderful
In Kaz Hirai we trust

There it glimmers
In all it's GDDR5 glory
The holy grail of gaming
Now begins the PS4 story

Lol. Just to let you know, there is a possibility Sony may go a stacked DDR3 route. GDDR5 is not confirmed.

So what is everyone's bets on Media Molecule showing something new vs showing a new LBP?

Would love to see a fully 3d LBP (karting was halfway there). At the same time I would also like to see them with a new IP to build upon, and take a break from LBP.

I'm pretty sure MM is working on something new. LBP3 is apparently outsourced and for PS3.

I'm not here to spoil the event for any one :). There are a few others in the thread that know what's going on, but it's best to just let you folks enjoy the show for yourself. I just hope some jack ass doesn't reveal everything at the 11th hour. FYI: I only know of two things at the event. I'll say this though, Sony will have to save things for E3. So prepare for a very balanced event. There will be enough tease to wet your whistle, but don't expect to walk away with an idea of what PS4 will have for it's first two years.

You killed our hype man ;-;. Everything is cancelled, launch titles are Wonderbook 2 and Dog's life 2.

Hanmik

Thanks guys. I'll watch this tucked up in bed.

the webite I´m writing stuff for (not a very active website) will have a Stream.. we have no ads or anything, so if all goes well we will have a very stable stream tomorrow (sony provides us with the details later )

GeoramA

I can't remember the last time Sony was this focused and tight-lipped. Will they be pushing a new disc format? What will the finished DualShock4 look like? Will the UI be an evolved XMB? And then there's the games. Man...

Thank you - I appreciate not having the event spoiled.

I can't remember the last time Sony was this focused and tight-lipped. Will they be pushing a new disc format? What will the finished DualShock4 look like? Will the UI be an evolved XMB? And then there's the games. Man...

They can't exactly conjure up a new disc format out of thin air ;). I am a lil surprised at the lack of leaks.

Stampy

But over analytically speaking why is your hype dying out? Is it because you know and wish you didn't, or does it stem from knowing and not exactly liking what you know?

My rather hopeful estimations of launch titles:

Killzone 4 (or surprise new shooter IP)
GT6
The Last Guardian
Little Big Planet (or new platformer IP)
Racer of some sort ( Wipeout prequel, Motorstorm, new IP)
A couple more announced at E3.
Bonus round: Last of Us and GTAV ports, with improved visuals and IQ.

Within six months of launch Uncharted 4 (don't expect that to be discussed tomorrrow).
Versus XIII: moved to PS4, no information tomorrow- again we have to wait until e3.

There is no way they're going to make the launch that front loaded.

thuway

But over analytically speaking why is your hype dying out? Is it because you know and wish you didn't, or does it stem from knowing and not exactly liking what you know?

My hype isn't dying, I was just hoping for more GIF's. The most creative GIF I've seen, you all will see rather soon by a fellow GAFFer.

I think the event will have most of us VERY happy.

thuway

You killed our hype man ;-;. Everything is cancelled, launch titles are Wonderbook 2 and Dog's life 2.

Oh please, I am VERY excited about every thing I know. You people have zero idea whats coming. A NEW CONSOLE, a NEW CONTROLLER, and a whole NEW CYCLE. It's darkest just before the Dawn ;).

redfirm

Banned

any source for your info ?

Oh please, I am VERY excited about every thing I know. You people have zero idea whats coming. A NEW CONSOLE, a NEW CONTROLLER, and a whole NEW CYCLE. It's darkest just before the Dawn ;).

Wait. You know about the controller?. I mean about what the two cameras are for,3D and that?.

thuway

any source for your info ?

I will never talk about any source. It's too close to the event, my biggest fear is someone leaking everything :-/. Internally at Sony, people have never been more optimistic before a new cycle. That's it, I'm out of the thread. See you guys tomorrow when our worlds will change :).

saladine1

My hype isn't dying, I was just hoping for more GIF's. The most creative GIF I've seen, you all will see rather soon by a fellow GAFFer.

I certainly hope so. The hype must be substantiated with something...substantial..substantially...

Stuart444

So the two things you know are things you would consider good then ;)?

edit: aww, he's gone now :(

Oh well, see you tomorrow thuway :)

Honestly I don't know exactly what to expect but I'd like to believe my expectations are on the realistic side. If these happen I am quite content till E3:

-Console shown
-Controller shown
-Tech demos on PS4 hardware
-3 new games, hopefully one for Guerilla that shows the graphical power of the machine. And my hopes for the graphics ain't even that high.
-Not a word about pay to play online

RyoonZ

Banned
Yoshihisa Hashimoto replied on his facebook "着きました〜。ありがとうございます!"

GeoramA

I will never talk about any source. It's too close to the event, my biggest fear is someone leaking everything :-/. Internally at Sony, people have never been more optimistic before a new cycle.
Thanks for sharing this. I really hope some twat doesn't leak anything.

WTF does that mean.

Right now we just need to know what's happening for launch?

I will never talk about any source. It's too close to the event, my biggest fear is someone leaking everything :-/. Internally at Sony, people have never been more optimistic before a new cycle. That's it, I'm out of the thread. See you guys tomorrow when our worlds will change :).

Thank you. If you know something, please don't say a word!!!

Sirolf

Yoshihisa Hashimoto replied on his facebook "着きました〜。ありがとうございます!"

Ok he's at NYC.
Agni's philosophy on PS4..Here we go!

Neonsands

Neo Member
I had a dream about the PS4 reveal. They announced Persona 5 in my dream too. I'm praying I am clairvoyant and this becomes a reality. Persona 5 as a launch game would seal a day 1 purchase. Or earlier if I could find a way.

The annoucement will be bittersweet because I will love to see the announcement, but then I have to wait for the thing to come out....that is going to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom