• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDIF

Sony overtakes Microsoft in lifetime sales. Sony suddenly takes the initiative to go first. The hype train. I'm on it. Your move Microsoft. In all seriousness Microsoft needs to do something. They need to do something now. After a spectacular and promising start they've fallen behind to finish close third this generation.

Sony has the power now. Out of the HD twins Sony has won. I never thought I'd be typing that but worldwide Sony has the lead. As for "letting Microsoft go first" Sony just aren't in a position to allow Durango to be released ahead of them. Look what happened last time. It took Sony seven years to catch-up. Plus they still have the opinion that they're the "industry leader" hence this bold and confident move.

Christ this new battle is going to be entertaining. Microsoft. Do something. Now.

Judging by figures from the US and the EU, that IDC report isn't actually true.

mollipen

Or how about offering multiple controller sizes? Gloves come in various sizes for a reason. So should controllers.

Original Xbox controller, and Xbox S controller, existed for a while together on store shelves, right? I can't remember how long it was for, but there was at least the option for a while.

I almost always think more options = better, but I doubt the companies would see the good of offering options versus the potential negative of extra costs and needed shelf space. I just wish the third-party options for controllers were actually viable. Even with the build quality and price of that Mad Catz MLG controller, the one I have has absolutely sucky d-pads (both of 'em).

Lemonz

ibjaVXSObTRHpO.gif

You guys are going to hate the 45 minutes of ps mobile, ps3, and Vita news before Sony gets around to unveiling the PS4.

Any chance of a new Vita model at the conference? Sony is clearing out their 3G Vitas on Ebay at the moment....

hardware refresh, new price announcement, new sizzle reel of vita games....

I hope the DS4 stays near the same, with a better plastic. Maybe a bit more of curvature on the handles.

And fuuuuuck, the 20th couldn't come soon enough!

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lol I can't stand the thing. It feels tiny, the analog sticks aren't tight enough for my tastes, their placement blows (the analog sticks), and the "triggers" are really mushy and not pleasant to press at all. I'd say the only good things about it are the internal rechargeable battery and the dpad. Other than that, fuck the DS3. When I was 10 I had no problems with it, my it's uncomfortable in my hands these days and I much prefer the almost perfect 360 controller.

But that's just me.

Boomerang controller? You mean this thing?

I had no idea that was an actual thing, I never tried it. It looks really uncomfortable though, so based on my observation of it I'm gonna say I wouldn't like it.

The PS3 controller is superior to the 360's for fighters though, I'll give it that.

Let's give him a break. It took a long time for early primates to adapt to finer tools over large clubs, so...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you guys like racing games? Do you guys like PGR? Random question.
OK the PGR comment is going right over my head.
I think there's some rumblings that Evolution hired someone senior from Bizarre and that they are working on a new IP...and some people are connecting dots. Or something like that?
One of PGR's lead designers works at Evolution Studios. He's been there since Bizarre shut down and we've yet to hear about what he's doing.
WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS?!

Don't play with my heart guys.. why must you guys talk in riddles? :( I said PGR5 would be the only reason I'd get a 720 at launch or seal any sort of day 1 purchase, but if Sony is the one offering the closest thing to that.. D:

I just want a PGR5 :( Anyone know who the senior is? Gareth? Ben?

rataplein

it's the first time i'm on neogaf during a next gen console announcement.

now i know that the "hype train" its just posting HYPE HYPE HYPE and "funny" gifs all the time.

amazing...

i'm going to laugh if the controller has a screen like the gamepad. the reactions would be great.

I'm going to laugh when it does, yet still has dramatically more hardware power, plays blu ray movies, actually shows a reason to have the screen screen, and is still only $50 more than the Wii U.

Dr Dogg

God of War 2 was a highly antcipated sequel. Last of Us is a new IP.

True but you can't say after E3 last year that The Last Of Us is not highly anticipated. Uncharted made Naughty Dog a big name and people are more than likely clamoring to see what they are doing next. The feedback from the PS blog is a good enough indication.

The_Monk

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS?!

Don't play with my heart guys.. why must you guys talk in riddles? :( I said PGR5 would be the only reason I'd get a 720 at launch or seal any sort of day 1 purchase, but if Sony is the one offering the closest thing to that.. D:

I just want a PGR5 :( Anyone know who the senior is? Gareth? Ben?

I'm interested in what Kagari's "Hah!" means.

I'm not sure if I could handle PGR-PS4 Levels of Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom