• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1361314719-oopsdfj.gif

My work here is done. See you all on the other side!

Stuart444

So how do you guys browse and/or post on GAF during the hecticness of an event like this (or E3 during their threads)

I'll be doing what I did last E3, have the thread open but due to how fast it moves, I'll probably just go to the last page each time there is an announcement to see what people are saying about it and after the event is over, I'll post what I thought of it.

disclaimer: all of this assumes GAF won't go down today

Batman

Banned
So how do you guys browse and/or post on GAF during the hecticness of an event like this (or E3 during their threads)

I'll be doing what I did last E3, have the thread open but due to how fast it moves, I'll probably just go to the last page each time there is an announcement to see what people are saying about it and after the event is over, I'll post what I thought of it.

Just watch and not post.

Yawnier

Banned

If you have chrome, there is this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/neogaf-live-thread/blbfgndoggabppkoehpipfadjelcofmp?hl=en

I've used for some conferences in the past, its great.

Pachimari

I think we'll see:

- Talk about the evolution of PlayStation and how they support original games and concepts.

- They'll talk about PS Plus and how PSN has evolved.

- They'll announce PlayStation World and the annual price.

- Then they'll talk up cloud technologies and announcing PlayStation Cloud as part of what you get if you pay up for PlayStation World. I'm not sure they'll mention the PS Cloud by name. Then they'll go on to social features like YouTube sharing and Cloud spectating.

- They talk about the enhancements to the controller, then they'll talk about the touchpad and what it can be used for - not sure if they'll demonstrate it. At least I don't expect to see the OS.

- They'll demonstrate the Move integration and show it off in a 1st part game, probably Guerilla Games' Killzone 4.

- They'll show a trailer of Evolution's new IP and Sucker Punch's new IP. Naughty Dog and Kojima won't have anything at the event.

- Logos of 3rd party games will be shown on the screen such as Assassin's Creed, Battlefield and Watch Dogs.

- They'll end it off by talking about supporting original concepts like they did in the start and end it with The Last Guardian.

Actually Gran Turismo 6 will have some minutes somewhere in the middle of the show. And Square Enix will show the Luminous engine but sadly FF V XIII will be a no show.

Proxy

Managing the amount of data generated by sharing features would be an expensive endeavour.

That maybe true. But if social features are going to play a big role in the console I feel they shouldn't be charged for. Anyway, this might just apply to sharing outside of their ecosystem. There's still the possibility their own rumored social network will be freely available.

Roxas

#PlaystationMemories still top trend in the UK and #Sony in there too.

Considering the Pistorious story is huge and the Brit Awards are tonight, i'd say there's quite alot of hype in this here parts :D

Mik_Pad

Banned
Do you really think they will have PS4 logos plastered there? They can't reveal prematurely like that at their biggest event in the past few years.

I'm glad the hype train is derailing so I can be hyped when I see the train not derailing.
That picture is from E3 2012.

Interfectum

almost 9 hours left...

I just wanted to say, it's been a fun ride so far fellas.

To those who will be banned: we'll miss you until you come back (prolly).

To those who made the Kaz gifs: amazing fucking work

And remember, no matter what side of the fanboy fence you are on, be it Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony, you should really be pulling for Sony tonight to at least prove to the press and general public that game consoles are still a thing. PlayStation doing well helps our hobby as a whole... it's best to remember that.

Tizoc

Well I would be asleep by the time this starts so at least during work I'll have something to keep me entertained by reading the threads...among other things.

What if it just a big marketing push for Vita?

The only way that'd happen is if they announce Monster Hunter.

I am not sure about this news source, but here's what they say on PlayStation World:

Here are the top features:

Free
- Online free as the current Playstation Network
- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones

Payment (annual cost of about $ 89.)
- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4
- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay
- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube
- More space for saved games in the cloud

Is it weird that basic online gaming being free makes me want to support them by subscribing to Playstation World or whatever it's called?

Yawnier

Banned
You can get that extension for Firefox too. Works great for conferences.

That is good to know for FF users then.

I think we'll see:

- Talk about the evolution of PlayStation and how they support original games and concepts.

- They'll talk about PS Plus and how PSN has evolved.

- They'll announce PlayStation World and the annual price.

- Then they'll talk up cloud technologies and announcing PlayStation Cloud as part of what you get if you pay up for PlayStation World. I'm not sure they'll mention the PS Cloud by name. Then they'll go on to social features like YouTube sharing and Cloud spectating.

- They talk about the enhancements to the controller, then they'll talk about the touchpad and what it can be used for - not sure if they'll demonstrate it. At least I don't expect to see the OS.

- They'll demonstrate the Move integration and show it off in a 1st part game, probably Guerilla Games' Killzone 4.

- They'll show a trailer of Evolution's new IP and Sucker Punch's new IP. Naughty Dog and Kojima won't have anything at the event.

- Logos of 3rd party games will be shown on the screen such as Assassin's Creed, Battlefield and Watch Dogs.

- They'll end it off by talking about supporting original concepts like they did in the start and end it with The Last Guardian.

Actually Gran Turismo 6 will have some minutes somewhere in the middle of the show. And Square Enix will show the Luminous engine but sadly FF V XIII will be a no show.

I really think that Sony should go out of the conference with a bang, like FF Versus XIII or The Last Guardian like you mentioned.

They definitely shouldn't do what Nintendo did for their E3 conference last year and show off most of their biggest guns within the first 15 minutes or so while the middle and end parts of the conference just continually drag on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom