• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now why the hell would i want to voice chat with someone that is on his Xperia-phone? And the whole party chat thing, i'd hardly use it - because when i'm playing Battlefield 4, i don't want to talk to someone screaming how fucking hard and brutal Demon Souls 2 is.

because your friend will also be playing ps4 games on their xperia phone. ;)

kiyomi

Who else is doing their own supplementary event coverage tonight? I know IGN are doing their thing during and after the announcement, but who else?

That would probably be enough for me to not support it. There was already a PlayStation and it was a magnificent system.

I'm not going to lie; if Sony went back to the Playstation logo below as the primary identity of the system, I would eat that shit up.

yZ7ydfD.png

The cosplay thread with 6500 posts and 2.5 million views always gives me a chuckle

Got a bad feeling we're gonna have an hour of PS3 titles shown before they get to the new system.

Subtle

Anyone think that if they call it the Playstation 4 they'll mention how both their new systems are "Life and Death" (Vita, life; 4, death) which will tie into an ad campaign from their new agency, "It's life or death, only on Playstation".

KidBeta

What if the PS4 IS THE CLOUD?!?! Using Gaikai's tech couldn't they just stream PS4 quality games to PS3 at this very moment? PS World would be a way to stream everything to your PS3, no upgrade needed! PS3 could stay at it's current price, Sony could improve their profit margins, and everyone, except those who don't have bandwidth, would be happy!

Did I just drink too much coffee or did I not get enough sleep?

40ms+ lag times are my favorite thing in the world.

Dawg

Wait, did VG247 just use Radec's work as the countdown? Or is it an actual countdown?

What is happening?!

Is the countdown legit or did VG247 use fan-made work as "legit announcement"?

Rootbeer

Banned
Hu. Well I wanted to jump on the 1 year PS+ to get the 3 free bonus months but now that there's this whole 'playstation world' service i'm not sure if I should do it or just wait...

At the very least i'll wait until after tonight's announcement in case they say anything about it.

I am not sure about this news source, but here's what they say on PlayStation World:

Here are the top features:

Free
- Online free as the current Playstation Network
- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones

Payment (annual cost of about $ 89.)
- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4
- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay
- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube
- More space for saved games in the cloud

http://translate.google.com/transla...nibile-al-lancio-con-la-nuova-console-ps4.php

If this is true then its PS4 day 1 for me. I will even pay for Playstation World Sony! DO IT!

So Radec makes an awesome countdown teaser for the Playsation event as he has been doing for the last week, VG find it and think it's a rumour for a BF4 reveal tonight at the Playstation Meeting?

I'm actually finding this quite hilarious!

Ah internet.. never change...

neuroned

Neo Member
I hesitated to post this, but following the unusually late US PlayStation store update last night, my mind started wandering.

With the "big announcement" coming this evening, you would think that the PSN division would ultimately want to produce a high quality, timely update to the PS Store. This more than obviously displays the ongoing issue with the PlayStation brand... lack of communication, poor business practices and ignorance in the face of the consumer. When Kaz takes the stage tonight to announce the future of the PlayStation brand, it would be wise for him to not reflect on the past. But he'll have to, especially considering the "subscription" plans that are rumored to coincide with the new hardware. We all knew that Pus was at times too good to be true. For fifty-bucks, PlayStation is going to give me (with limitations) all this free stuff on a weekly basis. Regardless of quality, free stuff is free stuff. So most of us bit at the carrot that was dangled before our faces. But just as I assumed when the original Plus plan was launched, there was an anterior motive... PlayStation wanted to see just how many users would actually be willing to pay for a subscription. We all fell for it, and now, just like it is over in the Microsoft camp, we too will be paying premium subscription rates for the basic online functions of the next-gen hardware with a limited number of "perks" sprinkled on top (Plus... or "World" as the rumors say).

So how does this relate to a late US PlayStation store update? These are the same groups that will have a hand in delivering, managing, and ultimately providing support for the new subscription services. Yes, that includes the lovely folks with the PlayStation store whom have apparently never had to adhere to a schedule (must be nice). 4:00 pm EST one day, 8:00 pm EST another. I've seen them come after midnight for those of us on the east coast. What I'm trying to say is this... if Sony and PlayStation don't soon look within it's general standards and practices as a consumer based business, it won't be poor sales that sink the company... the company will cannibalize itself.

Seriously... on the eve of the Pay-Station, remember this several years from now when analysts discuss the closure of the PlayStation brand. Poor business practices = poor sales.

But F all of that... I'm still excited as Hell about tonight!

Elios83

So we'll probably see a Battlefield 4 next gen demo tonight. Launch title.

I hesitated to post this, but following the unusually late US PlayStation store update last night, my mind started wandering.

With the "big announcement" coming this evening, you would think that the PSN division would ultimately want to produce a high quality, timely update to the PS Store. This more than obviously displays the ongoing issue with the PlayStation brand... lack of communication, poor business practices and ignorance in the face of the consumer. When Kaz takes the stage tonight to announce the future of the PlayStation brand, it would be wise for him to not reflect on the past. But he'll have to, especially considering the "subscription" plans that are rumored to coincide with the new hardware. We all knew that Pus was at times too good to be true. For fifty-bucks, PlayStation is going to give me (with limitations) all this free stuff on a weekly basis. Regardless of quality, free stuff is free stuff. So most of us bit at the carrot that was dangled before our faces. But just as I assumed when the original Plus plan was launched, there was an anterior motive... PlayStation wanted to see just how many users would actually be willing to pay for a subscription. We all fell for it, and now, just like it is over in the Microsoft camp, we too will be paying premium subscription rates for the basic online functions of the next-gen hardware with a limited number of "perks" sprinkled on top (Plus... or "World" as the rumors say).

So how does this relate to a late US PlayStation store update? These are the same groups that will have a hand in delivering, managing, and ultimately providing support for the new subscription services. Yes, that includes the lovely folks with the PlayStation store whom have apparently never had to adhere to a schedule (must be nice). 4:00 pm EST one day, 8:00 pm EST another. I've seen them come after midnight for those of us on the east coast. What I'm trying to say is this... if Sony and PlayStation don't soon look within it's general standards and practices as a consumer based business, it won't be poor sales that sink the company... the company will cannibalize itself.

Seriously... on the eve of the Pay-Station, remember this several years from now when analysts discuss the closure of the PlayStation brand. Poor business practices = poor sales.

But F all of that... I'm still excited as Hell about tonight!

Such a drama because they don't stick to a precise hour (not even day) to update their store? :p
That's really extreme. Most people don't even follow store updates regularly.

I am not sure about this news source, but here's what they say on PlayStation World:

Here are the top features:

Free
- Online free as the current Playstation Network
- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones

Payment (annual cost of about $ 89.)
- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4
- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay
- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube
- More space for saved games in the cloud

http://translate.google.com/transla...nibile-al-lancio-con-la-nuova-console-ps4.php

Everything, down the price point, is exactly what I expected.

Which is why I'm skeptical :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom