• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeVeAn

I am loving the hype gifs lol. I actually stopped caring about consoles the last couple years and mostly focus on PC but, Sony has good exclusives so I am excited. Besides I am sure accounts will carry over and mine has some money invested in it.

Liamario

Banned
robocop-fap.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't. The exclusives aren't there and I know MS is gonna find a way to screw me over just like every generation. I'm not giving in this time.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the direction the Halo franchise has gone, so with that out of the picture, I don't have any particular loyalty to the Xbox. I could easily be convinced to make the PS4 my main next gen console.

AzaK

Even though I'm never buying a Sony console again, I hope they blow the roof of with the announcement. I actually hope (Against all hope no doubt) that it sends ripples through Nintendo.

taizuke

If they are going to announce/unveil the PS4 on that date then i find it weird to do it before all their big games come out. Shouldn't Sony maximise as many sales of the PS3 by announcing the PS4 after at least TLOU comes out?

I'm not counting Beyond since it seems like that game will be Q3.

If they are going to announce/unveil the PS4 on that date then i find it weird to do it before all their big games come out. Shouldn't Sony maximise as many sales of the PS3 by announcing the PS4 after at least TLOU comes out?

They want first mover advantage

GeoramA

TLOU will be fine. It has May all to itself.

Beyond, Puppeteer, and Until Dawn will probably get their release dates at this. My bet is they'll all be out before September.

demolitio

It's not like the announcement is going to stop people from playing games now when the console isn't coming until later. God of War and The Last of Us are good enough to keep people interested just like GOW2 did on the PS2 and it's early enough in the year that there's no reason to skip them if you're interested since the PS4 is still far away from those releases.

Only games I'd worry about are the Fall games, but the user base is still big enough that it shouldn't be the end of the world for games like Beyond.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Won't the PS4 be the primary driver of this? No point in revealing it without PS4, surely...

I think this event will be a reveal for both. Maybe somewhat in the vein of the PS Vita/PS Mobile dual announcement at PS Meeting 2011.

Not sure how much detail we'll get on the cloud service though, but I think they will introduce their ideas on it.

I hope they will not do this error. Just redesigned DS with some cool features, without gimmick and worthless screen on it.

I hope they offer a gamepad like controller with a higher res screen as an accessory because game streaming is an awesome idea. Just give people the option and don't force it raising the price. There's got to be some kind of hook they go for though so I'm interested in seeing it.

Yeah, the "why would you announce now, won't people stop buying stuff" sentiment has always been misguided. We aren't talking about Apple products where the price never goes down and a new one comes out every year. You couldn't announce an iPhone 9 months ahead of time because the people spending 199 on an iPhone 5 today are the exact same people who would spend 199 on an iPhone 5S if they knew to wait. But the people buying a $249 PS3 in its 7th year are not the same people waiting on pins and needles to buy a $400 PS4. Even once it's out that customer might still prefer the cheaper hardware, and much larger library of discounted games. Besides, it's not like Sony had trouble selling the PS1 throughout the PS2 generation, or PS2s throughout the PS3 generation. They'll happily sell PS3s for another 5 years, no matter when the PS4 is announced and released. And they happily sold software for those platforms well after the successors were on the market.

Sandfox

I hope they offer a gamepad like controller with a higher res screen as an accessory because game streaming is an awesome idea. Just give people the option and don't force it raising the price. There's got to be some kind of hook they go for though so I'm interested in seeing it.

The main problem I see with that is that its a lot of money to spend just to make it optional since a lot of devs would probably just ignore it.

I think this event will be a reveal for both. Maybe somewhat in the vein of the PS Vita/PS Mobile dual announcement at PS Meeting 2011.

Not sure how much detail we'll get on the cloud service though, but I think they will introduce their ideas on it.

Yeah, that sounds likely.

I think announcing early like this will be only to Sony's advantage though. There are enough PS3 out there that this shouldn't hurt sales of any of their major games, and it would reduce the impact of an Xbox reveal later somewhat.

jaosobno

I think this is how it will roll out:

20th February:

- full tech specs and performance details (so they can focus on other stuff on E3)
- controller details, including new camera tech (Move-free kind)
- realtime tech demos (no bullshit target renders)
- some Gaikai details, perhaps a small Cloud gaming presentation

E3:

- launch date
- price
- on-stage live gameplay (1st party and select 3rd party partners (I'm thinking BF4))
- launch lineup
- full Cloud strategy reveal with live Cloud gaming presentations
- new PSN/PS+ features

For off-screen streaming they can use Vita. Price-drop + off-screen for every game.

At this point, I think 90% of people interested in TLOU or GoW own PS3 already and any game coming out this year shouldn't be a huge factor to the PS3 sales. What Sony needs to do now is not squeezing the last sales out of their old product but building a momentum for their future.

PS4 will have grandiose comments like 4D, 4k, greatest graphics of any hardware, best 3rd party support ever.. Kojima shows Fox Engine game running on it. And Sony announces launch window type titles, like grand turismo demo, and new IP by some 3rd parties. Maybe sucker punches new game will finally be revealed.

The Jason

holy hell I'm getting excited for this. Hope I dont have to work that day!

PS4 I'm ready

Also please show some games (tech demos)

Kiraly

Why does no one ever say
all over my tits
on GAF any more? That used to be a thing like a few years back.

Batzi

Banned
What do you think the chances are that Sony's new console has a tablet controller? I'de say 20%

I am actually worried about the controller. I got worried ever since that rumor which stated that Sony was letting go of the Dual Shock design. I hope they know what they are doing because that design survived 3 generations of consoles flawlessly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ahah oh shit, i remember at the time thinking "these graphics will never be possible, this generation!" now it looks kind of shitty.
Then again i was kind of right, as far as consoles go, i guess.

iirc,that tech demo only using the cell processor(no GPU/RSX).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom