• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation plus collection : turning a stellar offer into a complete mess.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Me being able to add them now encourages me to buy a ps5 when those fuckers become available exactly the same way as it only being available to activate through ps5 does. It wouldn‘t be a problem if it was made clear whether the collection stays permanently available to claim, cause if not people without a ps5 now are fucked over.
It would be nice if it were more clear; probably is forever, but probably is purposefully vague to entice people.

It's... some free old games, that were unexpected as part of a rather cheap service... so "fucked over" is just so dramatic lol

Last edited:

nordique

How is this a “complete mess” OP?

from the initial announcement it was always meant to be for ps5 launch owners.

what you need is either a ps5 or stop munching the sour grapes

Sony didn’t have to offer them but they did. It’s pretty sweet. They messed nothing up.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
You're faking. Stop it.
Faking what? I bought a console and Sony sold me a dustbuster.

The amount of apologizing for this bullshit Sony has pulled is ridiculou, I’m not sure what you think Sony is going to do for you with your empty defence.

Ps Plus customers are getting fucked because they didn’t but Sony’s newest toy.

The amount of apologizing for this bullshit Sony has pulled is ridiculou, I’m not sure what you think Sony is going to do for you with your empty defence.

All this nonsense over a collection of a dozen or so old ass games that you've probably already played

I'm too busy playing new games to give a shit about any of them to be quite honest

Last edited:

How am I getting fucked by already having them by not being a Johnny come lately?

NikuNashi

Has anyone with a PS5 tried to add Last Of Us? When I click it it says add to cart and tries to get me to input CC number. Yet it's on the list of PS Plus Collection free games?

The crazy thing is if you've had ps+ for any amount of time longer than PS5 launch, you'd have most if not all these games. I know I do.

Exactly. Out of all those I dont have Persona 5 only wich you can buy for $15 now. Its not because I have the games already but I understood what they were trying, to get people on board a PS5 and thanks to covid lineup is skimpy as it is so this was one way to push you to buy a PS5. I can only imagine how good it sounded to someone that barely or if at all played the PS4.

Of course, the PS4 owners went right away "but why cant I have it". Are you that dumb, dont you get the marketing behind this. They dont want to pamper old gen users, they want to make you jump to PS5.

Boss Mog

OP is upset because he didn't understand the offering apparently. Having a PS5 was always a requirement for claiming the games.

You could honestly sum up all this REEEE into “It didn’t meet my personal expectation’s even though Sony laid out the details already so I’m just gonna be mad instead.”

Also I added all those games to my collection and downloaded them to an external last night for later use, shit was SO cash.

Snykx30.jpg

You guys have data caps?

Back to the 90's vibe.

Damigos

When i learned about ps+ collection in the second ps5 reveal, i instantly thought Sony got a winner.
With a very small investment, you had access to a selection of the best games from last gereration.
I thought is was a genius idea for both reasons :
- it makes ps5 very attractive for people who did not have a ps4
- it was a nice bonus for ps4 owners to anticipate the transition to ps5.

So i thought this was the way it was going to work :
- the collection would be playable on ps5 only to entice ps4 owners to upgrade
- you could grab the collection when ps5 launches and add the games to your library if you had an active ps+ account. As when you could stack vita games without owning a vita.

But now i read that in order to add the ps+ collection games to your library, you need to do it from a ps5 ! So if you don't have one, you can't !
And when you do, the games are playable on a ps4 ???
Why can't i add those games to my library from the app as i'm a ps+ subscriber and make those playable only on ps5 when i'll get one ? I don't have any friend who has a ps5 yet...
If there is an end date to ps+collection, there is going to be such an uproar on current ps+ subscribers without a ps5.

But, at the same time i can add ps5 bugsnax on my library !

A total mess !

you re funny

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The OP makes no sense. Anticipate the transition? More like getting you to not buy a PS5 at all since you got all these free games lol

You totally understood what they were doing and then you say it's a complete mess? It's just a bonus for PS5 owners that never played on PS4.

Shouldn't you own most of them already? They are so cheap on PSN I literally own them all, some of them multiple times on PC or Xbox.

Last edited:
Don't do a "this" when you can barely read, let alone understand things. You should have had all the games you were so interested in prior as a ps+ member. Take you late ass somewhere else with this bullshit. If you're problem is whether or not it will be available whenever you get a PS5 say that, not that you can't get something you was never meant to.

xrnzaaas

The only problem will be if some of the games will be removed from the collection in the upcoming months and people who will buy PS5 later won't be able to add all of them to their libraries.

Other than that it's a pretty straightforward deal - it's about making the PS5 purchase look more attractive. Sony didn't hide the fact that they can't be redeemed without a PS5.

Last edited:

Slashinghook

Neo Member
Same reason why you can’t use PS4 Controllers on PS5-Games, although you can use the PS4 Controller when you Remote play PS5 Games with your PS4.

TonyK

I always understood that would be an offer for PS5 users. I never thought you could enjoy that promo in PS4. Was people expecting that?

Felessan

It's a rewards for early adoption of PS5 with limited next-gen launch titles. It means to sweeten deal for early adopters of PS5.
I doubt that it made it so people who intend to grab it in 2025 would be able to backcatalog these games now, it's clearly a reward for those who grab ps5 early.
And it's in no way guaranteed to stay as it is, so you either buy ps5 and grab collection or hope that it will be still here when you decide to buy ps5.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Yeah, but it still benefits Sony to allow people who have already invested into them to be able to play those.
No it doesn't. That's not how business works. If you own a PS4, and are currently "invested" by paying for PS+, then they have your money. They already give you free games each month, just not the fucking vault of goodies. They open the vault to those willing to "invest" in the future of Playstation. IOW, those willing to buy a PS5 are now committed to buying future PS games, so Sony will exchange access to the vault of PS4 classics for that commitment.

Giving PS4-only gamers access to high-value titles does NOT guarantee Sony any future revenue from game sales. There are enough games in the collection that you wouldn't even need to buy another PS4 game, if you didn't want to. If you buy a PS5, and never buy a single PS5 game, then that's a complete waste of money. They're betting that you'll buy enough PS5 games to offset the cost of the hardware.

Sony is trading the value of the PS4 games in the collection for the value of future PS5 games that you will be buying. You get value (PS+ Collection), and Sony gets value (future PS5 games sold). The economics of this make sense. It's not complicated at all. Threads like this do nothing but demonstrate the low business acumen of some gamers. It's okay to want free shit. I wish Sony would let me select any game in the PS library as my PS+ monthly freebie. However, that doesn't make a lot of business sense. Should I make a thread to have a moan about it? No, because most people would quickly understand that my complaint lacks validity from a financial sense. Likewise, it makes no sense to complain about expectations that were unrealistic, and try to blame Sony for your own misunderstandings.

Realistically, the only people who should be disappointed are those who don't intend on buying a PS5 ever. Sony doesn't care about your feelings, as you are not going to be a meaningful part of their userbase. For anyone intending on getting a PS5, just wait until you get one to enjoy the collection. The promotion isn't going anywhere, and seems to already be expanding in games offered.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

I always understood that would be an offer for PS5 users. I never thought you could enjoy that promo in PS4. Was people expecting that?
You can enjoy that promo on ps4, only after you buy it on PS5, because they are BC titles _ after they being added to your account nothing stops you from paying in the ps4 too. But to be honest i never thought about it and now is somewhat unexpected, but completely makes sense _ they are ps4 games after all.
This is the part of the equation that OP didn't think about before the wall text of overreaction. What i understand, and I'm with him on the matter, is the absence of the possibility to add the games to our library before buying the PS5, like we could do in the transition for ps4 generation _ yes, those games where not BC with the ps3, so you couldn't play them until actually getting a ps4 _ but Sony could've implemented a locking in the collection until you got a PS5 system and problem solved, but the objective is clearly selling the new systems now so that was not part of the equation.
Long story short, ps5 plus free games can be added to your library like last generation, no anti consumer business detection... PS5 plus collection is a reward for early adopters and you can only have it with buying the thing.

Haven't some of the games already been on PS+ anyway? If you been subscribed long enough you should have some, you'll also have a couple of hundred games at least to play whilst waiting to get a PS5. Don't see what the problem is.

SkylineRKR

The Plus collection offering wasn't a mess, its a bonus for PS5 adaptors. That much was clear to me.

I think the games are hit and miss. Some are upgraded, such as God of War and Days Gone, and others like Crash are still 30fps. Its not great.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Those games are there to soften the blow when you have to pay hundreds of dollars extra buying your PS5 from a scalper.

Shaukdotdj

It is 100% targeted towards people wanting to leave Xbox and have a library of solid games with exclusives. I owned 19 of the 20 titles from the initial reveal, the. 20 of the 22 when they added a few more. It wasn't meant for me. Or most active playstation gamers for that matter.

N30RYU

I would offer my PS5 to add them to your library... but I guess you don't really give a shit about the games themself.... the problem is you lack reading comprehension

B0xel-new

Neo Member
It's called: creat a problem and sell the solution.
One month ago you could use the online store to buy and redeem any game from ps3, psvita and ps4. When ps4 launched I was able to get many games before buying.
Now you can only use it for ps5 and ps4 games. Want to get ps+ collection for ps5? Buy a ps5. Great.

I get if you are a shareholder and make profit with those decisions, what I don't understand is a consumer who spends time defending the actions of multibilionary companies who take away their options in order to make profit.
Dude, I don't mean to be rude but holy shit how are you not getting this. You can still buy PS5 games. The collection is made up of PS4 games, it's an incentive for people to buy a PS5 (people like me who skipped the last gen and now can enjoy the top games with better performance ). It is NOT for PS4 players. This offer isn't for you.

The level of shit and wannabe businessmen i'm getting here due to shareing my opinion that i can't stack games on a future console i won't be able to grab for may be months, which is NOT was ps+ until now allowed you to do, tells me only one lesson : bye bye the angry mob.

Top Bottom