• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation plus collection : turning a stellar offer into a complete mess.

Prison Mike

Banned
LNfEwEp.gif

Fbh

As a Ps4 only owner I don't see the issue.
It's a special offer for people who have a Ps5. Also they aren't taking away or reducing the value of Ps+ on ps4 because this collection was never part of the offer. They are increasing the value of Ps+ when tied to a $400 minimum purchase of a new console.

Reactions: Isa

ethomaz

Banned
That is how I thought it should be.
You can only use use/see it after have a PS5.

Being able to play it on PS4 after that is an unexpected bonus.

Last edited:
The level of shit and wannabe businessmen i'm getting here due to shareing my opinion that i can't stack games on a future console i won't be able to grab for may be months, which is NOT was ps+ until now allowed you to do, tells me only one lesson : bye bye the angry mob.

I doubt you'll find a more slave like fanbase outside of the cult like apple mob.

Lunarorbit

Don't really see what the big deal is. I can't get a ps5 but I'm not worried about those games disappearing.

Edit: just looked at some of your responses op and.... To be nice I think you didn't understand what the ps collection is and now you're pissed once you realized your mistake.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

What the fuck is this thread, it was pretty clear that PS Plus owners 'ON PS5' get that collection as a bonus.

Where is the miscommunication..? It's not for PS4 Users, its for PS5 owners only!

So just because it's part of PS Plus because that's the way they chose to deliver it, you think you are entitled because you own a PS4 and have PS Plus?

Sorry OP but there is no mess... Buy a PS5.

_BC_

no problem with it ... unless they remove the offer before they have fully stocked shelves of PS5 for a good month

RGB'D

I understand that this isn't a huge deal and it incentives a purchase, but at the same time OP I also don't think you are invalidated in any way as this is not consumer-friendly in the slightest.

MastaKiiLA

The level of shit and wannabe businessmen i'm getting here due to shareing my opinion that i can't stack games on a future console i won't be able to grab for may be months, which is NOT was ps+ until now allowed you to do, tells me only one lesson : bye bye the angry mob.
Dude, the issue is that you misinterpreted what the promotion involved. Not many others interpreted it that way, so you appear to be the oddball. On top of that, your interpretation/expectations of what the promotion entailed makes no business sense. You were basically expecting Sony to provide a massive PS+ giveaway, when this is clearly just a PS5 promotion. It's tethered to PS+, but that's it. It's not a PS+ promotion in and of itself, otherwise you would get access. However, the amount of games being bundled in the collection outstrips anything Sony has offered for PS+ ever. That alone should have made you realize that it came with strings attached. That and the clear wording on the promotional materials. Take the L and move on.

cormack12

Gold Member

I think you just worded the issue poorly but yeah you kind of got set on lol. Your problem is the redemption of the offer not the offer itself. You have to think of it as a redemption voucher included in the box.

I did the same. I have a PS5 and wanted to stick days gone on download from the app/store. But you can't. The only way to show you are eligible is to claim it from the PS5 itself. I was puzzled but then it makes sense. If anyone can claim it through ps+ benefits then they would be giving it away to everyone. Its just a limitation or a quick fix to a problem they hadn't thought of.

Besides most people getting PS5 are going to be Sony fans anyway so probably own at least 50% of those games anyway.

fvng

Ok so let me get this straight, can I play the games in this Plus instant collection on my PS4 so long as I have added them to my Plus collection from a PS5? Or are the games from the Instant collection only playable on PS5?

Last edited:

Codeblew

You could honestly sum up all this REEEE into “It didn’t meet my personal expectation’s even though Sony laid out the details already so I’m just gonna be mad instead.”

Also I added all those games to my collection and downloaded them to an external last night for later use, shit was SO cash.

Snykx30.jpg
God, I am so glad I don't have a cap now with my new fiber optic provider. I came close to going over Comcasts 1.2TB limit several times since the Covid shutdown started. I work from home full time now which didn't help at all.

sainraja

No it doesn't. That's not how business works. If you own a PS4, and are currently "invested" by paying for PS+, then they have your money. They already give you free games each month, just not the fucking vault of goodies. They open the vault to those willing to "invest" in the future of Playstation. IOW, those willing to buy a PS5 are now committed to buying future PS games, so Sony will exchange access to the vault of PS4 classics for that commitment.

Giving PS4-only gamers access to high-value titles does NOT guarantee Sony any future revenue from game sales. There are enough games in the collection that you wouldn't even need to buy another PS4 game, if you didn't want to. If you buy a PS5, and never buy a single PS5 game, then that's a complete waste of money. They're betting that you'll buy enough PS5 games to offset the cost of the hardware.

Sony is trading the value of the PS4 games in the collection for the value of future PS5 games that you will be buying. You get value (PS+ Collection), and Sony gets value (future PS5 games sold). The economics of this make sense. It's not complicated at all. Threads like this do nothing but demonstrate the low business acumen of some gamers. It's okay to want free shit. I wish Sony would let me select any game in the PS library as my PS+ monthly freebie. However, that doesn't make a lot of business sense. Should I make a thread to have a moan about it? No, because most people would quickly understand that my complaint lacks validity from a financial sense. Likewise, it makes no sense to complain about expectations that were unrealistic, and try to blame Sony for your own misunderstandings.

Realistically, the only people who should be disappointed are those who don't intend on buying a PS5 ever. Sony doesn't care about your feelings, as you are not going to be a meaningful part of their userbase. For anyone intending on getting a PS5, just wait until you get one to enjoy the collection. The promotion isn't going anywhere, and seems to already be expanding in games offered.

Um, I understand that angle but I am saying it's a bad business move when you factor in the competition. Sony isn't competing with itself here.

I understand that this isn't a huge deal and it incentives a purchase, but at the same time OP I also don't think you are invalidated in any way as this is not consumer-friendly in the slightest.

This is the REEE definition of consumer friendly - ie: it doesn't benefit me = anti-consumer.

cormack12

Gold Member
Ok so let me get this straight, can I play the games in this Plus instant collection on my PS4 so long as I have added them to my Plus collection from a PS5? Or are the games from the Instant collection only playable on PS5?

Yes

all you need to do is head to the PlayStation Store on PS5 and select the PS Plus Collection tab. From there, redeem all the PS4 titles you'd like to play or add to your digital collection, and then those games will now be downloadable for your profile on PS4.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
God, I am so glad I don't have a cap now with my new fiber optic provider. I came close to going over Comcasts 1.2TB limit several times since the Covid shutdown started. I work from home full time now which didn't help at all.

Yeah my new billing cycle just started and downloading all those games was a great test of how fast I could download them all lol. If I didn’t have unlimited data I’m sure ATT would be sending me some interesting messages right now.

Nymphae

Banned
lol good lord

It's a bonus for PS5 owners. First thing I did after booting was go to PS+ icon, first thing I saw was PS+ collection, proceeded to add each one to my library. What a mess.

Dogman

How tf is this not consumer friendly. They're literally giving away 22 free games with their console. Seems like for you the only way to be consumer friendly is to just give everyone free stuff but that's not how it works.

Not only is this a dumb integration, but it fucks over PS4 owners that don't own a PS5, by making them pay the SAME PRICE for PLUS and artificially gating content that obviously WORKS on their machines.

Not enough is said on how fucked up this is that Sony did this.

PS4 PS PLUS should be called PS MINUS, MINUS about 20 games.
That's a bit overly dramatic. PS4 users not getting access doesn't devalue the cost of Plus for them, you're still getting the two minimum monthly PS4 games, and the monthly PS5 games you can still claim without owning a PS5. And if you've been subscribed to Plus for a while, about half of the games in the PS5 collection have already been distributed in the monthly selection anyway.

Besides, this is only a problem if we work on the assumption that:
A) this is a limited time offer, which may well be the case
B) Sony won't give much in the way of a window if/when it does reveal that it is a limited time offer

If next February Sony were to come out and say the Plus Collection will be removed at the end of the month, I could see why that could be annoying for people who weren't able to get in on the first wave of PS5s; but for all we know, this time next year it could still be available, and perhaps even offer a few more titles. I think people should save their outrage until we know if there's an expiry date on this.

Top Bottom