• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store “Spring Sale” Now Live

Mista

Banned
Springsalewcornerpin.jpg

Sony has once again launched a new PlayStation Store sale this week and it’s live! Called the “Spring Sale” it features discounts of up to 50 percent off

Edit:

Here's the list:

Last edited:

McCheese

Is Code Vein worth it for 50% off? looking for an game I can just grind levels in an make cute anime side-kicks.

Edit: They are doing Astrobot dirty at £12, you would be insane not to pick it up if you have PSVR.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The list is one click away so whats your problem?

Game related domains are often not accessible to users who might be behind a work internet filter or something, I had to archive your link to see the images. Just something to consider when making OP's, I think it's considerate, not a lot of extra work if you've already visited the link yourself and want to make a thread.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Game related domains are often not accessible to users who might be behind a work internet filter or something, I had to archive your link to see the images. Just something to consider when making OP's, I think it's considerate, not a lot of extra work if you've already visited the link yourself and want to make a thread.
Sure.

Pejo

Gold Member
Is Code Vein worth it for 50% off? looking for an game I can just grind levels in an make cute anime side-kicks.

Edit: They are doing Astrobot dirty at £12, you would be insane not to pick it up if you have PSVR.
Code Vein is absolutely worth it at that price. You are the cute anime sidekick though (character customization, not companion customization). It's a really fun souls-like game with some absolutely busted builds. I found it harder than the souls games often times, especially bosses (mostly due to some iffy hitboxes and movesets).

I wouldn't mind a decent sale for the Ps3 in these times of dire budgeting. There's still some stuff I wouldn't mind picking up of it went on sale for $10ish

mekes

Thanks for sharing Mista Mista 👍

It’s a better sale than the March Madness sale imo. I’ll probably buy a few games from this sale.

Quite interested in Shadow Tactics and Code Vein, amongst others. Might brave an Assassins Creed game. I haven’t enjoyed one since Black Flag. I tried and didn’t enjoy the London one. Anybody have thoughts on the better game between Origins and Odyssey?

sublimit

Banned

For me it was worth it even at full price. Incredibly fun game,i really enjoyed all the unique aspects it that made it different from Souls/Borne games.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Not a ton of stuff that I want on sale, but there are a few games I'll be picking up. Good timing for it, in any case.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
You should know those are just the bigger / retail titles that are on sale. There are more games on sale that aren't listed there, so people should definitely check PSN for themselves.

Last edited:

DansDans

So essentially this was the sale that ended last month but with a new name?

Anyone want to take a guess what they'll rename this sale to in May?

May Mayhem Madness is my guess

Gargus

Banned
Very good, if you like Souls style games.

Is it any different than 1?

I really wanted to love 1 but the combat, ugh I hated it. It never clicked with me and felt weird. I quit at the first boss. I just couldn't get into it at all. I really wanted to, I liked lords of the fallen a lot and had high Hope's since it's the same people.

Stuart360

Is it any different than 1?

I really wanted to love 1 but the combat, ugh I hated it. It never clicked with me and felt weird. I quit at the first boss. I just couldn't get into it at all. I really wanted to, I liked lords of the fallen a lot and had high Hope's since it's the same people.
Its similar combat. A little more stremlined, its not as 'shit what do i press to target that part again' as the first game, but yeah if you hated the first games combat you probably wont like this ones.

Gargus

Banned
Bough Days Gone, it seems its much better than at launch, tons of patches and some good impresions on youtube comparing it with launch version. Any opinions? From the latest version videos looks smooth and a really good looking game.

I like it pretty well. I guess I'm about half way through now and it plays perfect for me. I find a lot of open world games tedious but this isn't. There aren't too many requests, the world is big but small enough driving isnt a big chore or boring, the fluff kind of stuff to pad the game out are well done and don't seem like filler.

My only complaint is it took 4 hours or so before I got into it, and the weapon selection kind of stinks. I bought a pistol upgrade once and I'm still carrying the ak47 I got at the start of the game. Other weapons are either junk or locked behind faction rep.

I'm surprised I care about my bike really. It's a important tool, as much as my guns and health packs.

Its similar combat. A little more stremlined, its not as 'shit what do i press to target that part again' as the first game, but yeah if you hated the first games combat you probably wont like this ones.

Sounds like I'll pass then. Guess I need to find me another souls type game. Hopefully one that's a little accessible. I love those games but inevitably i get stuck on one boss i can't handle on my own, like i couldn't beat the final boss in sekiro.

bronk

Banned
Damn there wasnt a single thing I wanted. Oh well. I usually buy the cheapie indie games during these sales but I didn't see any ones that were appealing.

Shin

Banned
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot and Death Stranding price is not too shabby.
DS isn't my cup of tea, but DBZ entries this gen have been awesome (graphically at least).

xrnzaaas

Weak sale tbh, many games had lower prices in the past, only a couple of them scored historical lows. I'd consider grabbing Grid if it wasn't so likely for the game to be added to PS+ this year.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Considering that game is in every sale and there is always a sale, that seems to be its RRP

Mind you I forgot how utterly piss poor the controls are and when you press triangle to counter when the enemies flash red, 90% of the time nothing happens.

Deleted.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I own The Phantom Pain and all the DLC, but there's the Definitive Version. I wonder what the point would be to owning that? Maybe fewer downloads when installing it?

I own most of the titles I want off this list. I did sell a few and owning them again would be cool.

Top Bottom