• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 02/18/10 – Digger HD Demo (EU) | The Tester (lol!)

Kinda off topic but you know those games that if you set your PS3 resolution from the settings to 720p (uncheck both 1080i and 1080p) they will run better. Bioshock 1 does that, any other games they might be better off when setting the res to 720p ?

DiscoJer

Gamecocks625 said:
I'm ready for a flood of Minis for the US.

Breakquest, MelodyBloxx, new stuff by Halfbrick, Vektar Beat, etc.

I'm looking forward to Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. There was a post on the Sony blog about it back in January, saying they were aiming for mid-Feb. But nothing since.

That's really one of the more frustrating things about minis, or I guess PSN in general, you almost never have any firm idea when something is coming out.

A few developers have been very conscientious about the info (like Halfbrick in this thread here, and Cowboy Rodeo mentioned the dates on Twitter) but most just nothing.

Seems so strange, how do they expect people to buy their games if they don't say when it's available. Or in some cases, there's not even an announcement, it just magically appears on PSN

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheThunder said:
Kinda off topic but you know those games that if you set your PS3 resolution from the settings to 720p (uncheck both 1080i and 1080p) they will run better. Bioshock 1 does that, any other games they might be better off when setting the res to 720p ?

WipEout HD

Withnail

DiscoJer said:
I'm looking forward to Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. There was a post on the Sony blog about it back in January, saying they were aiming for mid-Feb. But nothing since.

That's really one of the more frustrating things about minis, or I guess PSN in general, you almost never have any firm idea when something is coming out.

A few developers have been very conscientious about the info (like Halfbrick in this thread here, and Cowboy Rodeo mentioned the dates on Twitter) but most just nothing.

Seems so strange, how do they expect people to buy their games if they don't say when it's available. Or in some cases, there's not even an announcement, it just magically appears on PSN

As soon as a game clears QA it can go on the store in the next update, Sony don't slot games into a release schedule like MS do on XBLA. Unfortunately this means it's not usually possible to say more than a few days in advance exactly when a game will be released on PSN. The only time we get future release dates for PSN is when publishers get their game through QA early and then delay the release to a store update of their choosing.

epaturun

Does anyone know if the US DLC for burnout (currently on offer) would work with UK disc version?

Does any one know if we in UK are going to get the DLC offer?

epaturun said:
Does anyone know if the US DLC for burnout (currently on offer) would work with UK disc version?

Does any one know if we in UK are going to get the DLC offer?
It will NOT work. The sale should be made available in Europe sooner or later.

crispyben

AFAIK, the second DLC for Assassin's Creed II, "Bonfire of the Vanities", should be available today. Here's the info from Ubisoft's Twitter:

#AC2 Bonfire of the Vanities out on February 18 for €3.99 (PS3) / 320 MS Points (X360)

Also #AC2 Bonfire of Vanities + 3 Templar Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria dei Frari, Arsenal Shipyard) for €6.99 / 520 MSP

BeeDog

crispyben said:
AFAIK, the second DLC for Assassin's Creed II, "Bonfire of the Vanities", should be available today. Here's the info from Ubisoft's Twitter:

Any trophies this time around?

iratA

I just need Assault Heroes to come out here and I'll be set. Might pick up the RE5 DLC if the reviews seem glowing enough. Don't know if I've still got my RE5 save around though. Since the Plat I haven't really found the urge to go back through the SP again. Sounds like thats going to be needed to play the DLC ugh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheThunder said:
Errr ... the game is suppose to be 1080p 60 fps.

But it runs better at 720p.

I know about the dynamic resolution or whatever they are calling it but what does setting it on 720p do to enhance it ?

More stable frame rate.

Puck said:
Isn't burnout paradise on sale. $30 including ALL content or something?
I hope this is true. My Driving Force GT arrives from UPS this morning and I was about to buy Burnout Paradise alone for $20. A sale would be great timing.

edit: Looks like the Burnout Paradise "Complete Edition" is already on the PSN store.

Rlan

Steve's been working on Blade Kitten for quite a while now., I haven't seen it in a while but it looked good from when I saw it last.

GameTrailers TV has the first footage of the game in action this week.

Zep said:
Am I reading that right? I can download SSIV and RE5 onto my PS3 HDD?

I am pretty sure they meant that you could win downloadable Capcom games, as well as boxed copies of SFIV and RE5 (hence the "only in the continental US" caveat), but we can only hope.

snap0212 said:
PlayStation.Blog Germany put up the update. Will post the translated version in a second.

Yakuza 3 Demo confirmed!

eu blog is up, too so don't bother ^^

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/02/18/‘heads-up’-playstation-store-update-18th-february-2010/

btw I think Sega now even did the demo release wrong, Y3 demo should have go up when the game releases or 1 week before that. I fear everyone will forget about it till next month.

Will try the demo but I already played the Japanese one a lot, at least we can now compare e.g. if the quiz game (which was in the jp demo) is cut from the western version.

Xater

kassatsu said:
I grabbed it, pretty fun.

Nowhere near as good as GvG NExt Plus though :(

Minna no Tennis has a lot going on but it's pretty straight forward gameplaywise. At least that what it seems like to me. Kinda like it.

Yakuza 3 demo sounds good to me. At least now I can understand what I will play. Can#t wait for the releae in March. :D

reminder

Yakuza 3 demo, cool beans :)

bummer that Half Minute Hero is UK only for now, though. Well, i'll buy the flower theme i think. I never thought that i'd pay for an theme, but it's to good to pass. :D

This wasn't supposed to be out in two different weeks?

Resident Evil 5
* Desperate Escape (£3.99/€4.99)
* Lost In Nightmares (£3.99/€4.99)

gogogow

Finally some non-LBP avatars, but from MAG?
It's just some jpg's, can't they upload more? I waited months and months for Sony
to sell some non-LBP avatars. What about ones from Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, MGS, KZ2, Uncharted 2, Bayonetta, CODMW etc. I guess I'll wait another year.

Euro Peggle / Nights PR:

Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced the impending release of PopCap’s blockbuster franchise Peggle™ and the Peggle Nights add-on pack for the PlayStation®Network in Europe. A cult favourite among hardcore gamers and casual players alike, Peggle and the Peggle Nights add-on pack are scheduled for release on February 18th and can be purchased from the PlayStation®Store for £6.29 and £3.19 respectively.

Since its introduction in February 2007, the Peggle series -- inspired by the classic gameplay of pinball, pool and pachinko -- has been downloaded more than 60 million times for PC/Web and has garnered more than a dozen awards from leading industry critics. After launching on PlayStation®Network (US) earlier this year, Peggle again received top accolades, becoming an instant bestseller with the addition of its wildly popular, multiplayer Peg Party mode.

“Peggle has become a cult gaming phenomenon, blowing away our original expectations for the game,” said Ed Allard, vice president of strategic development at PopCap. “We are delighted to bring Peggle to PlayStation®Network in Europe. With these latest game instalments, we’re delivering even more features that appeal to Peggle enthusiasts, namely competitive multiplayer experiences and community elements that the PlayStation®Network community really enjoy.”

The PlayStation®Network adaptation of Peggle brings all the engaging gameplay action of the original PC version, including 55 levels of ball-bouncing madness, 10 unlockable Peggle Masters, Quick Play mode, Duel mode, and 75 Challenge mode levels. For non-stop competitive action, players can choose from two multiplayer options: two-player Duel mode, or Peg Party mode, where up to four players can compete against one another simultaneously.

Peggle Nights, the award-winning follow up to Peggle, transports players into the ‘dream worlds’ of each of the Peggle Masters. With five beautifully rendered and themed levels for each character’s secret dreams and aspirations, Peggle Nights also introduces Marina, an eleventh Peggle Master. The Peggle Nights add-on* for PlayStation®Network allows players to enjoy all the levels and challenges in the original PC version of the game and more: 60 levels of Peggle Nights content in the exclusive multiplayer modes; Peggle Nights Adventure mode, including the Nights story; 60 Peggle Nights Challenges; the trophy room; adventure statistics and three new PlayStation®Network trophies.

Additionally, the PlayStation®Network adaptations of Peggle and Peggle Nights offer Remote Play capability and XMB™ support, allowing gamers to stream their own music during gameplay as well as view and play Peggle and Peggle Nights on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) go system. Players can also take advantage of YouTube integration to upload and share replay videos of their best and wildest shots and scores.

Cheap Euro Capcom games:

Hi,

Starting today February 18th and running until March 3rd, European PSN subscribers can get Super SFII Turbo HD & Marvel vs Capcom 2 for just €6.99 each. But that’s only the beginning of some great deals on Cacpom’s digital titles.

Between March 4th and March 17th Super Puzzle Fighter & Age of Booty can be picked up for €4.99, with 1942 available for the same price from March 18th until April 1st.

Kind regards
Capcom’s European PR Team

snap0212

Kinda off-topic, but can any german Xbox 360 owner confirm that there’s no such thing like „not in germany“ for Demos there? And how are the release dates? Same day as in the US, for example or do we also have those massive delays on the Xbox? This might be the reason to pick up a wireless adapter for my Xbox. :(

Xater

snap0212 said:
Kinda off-topic, but can any german Xbox 360 owner confirm that there’s no such thing like „not in germany“ for Demos there? And how are the release dates? Same day as in the US, for example or do we also have those massive delays on the Xbox? This might be the reason to pick up a wireless adapter for my Xbox. :(

I am pretty sure some demos alos don't make it to Germany on Xbox Live. It's basically the fault of our Rating system. If anything is rated 18 you can't put it up because children could download it.

I got Digger HD when it released in the NA store, not into it at all. Something is "off" about it.
Those on the fence can at least play a demo now.
If you want a true "retro remake" then look no further than Spelunker (and Spelunker Black) on the JP Store. Thexder Neo is the other one I can think of that did the "remake and classic" in one package.

I know the RE5 Lost in Nightmares is releasing for this week, perhaps it's better to have that in the thread banner than a demo for a mediocre game that was released months ago?

Good to hear about the Yakuza 3 demo, if it's the same as the JP one, then it's very content heavy and hopefully will boost it's much needed sales for the Western release.

MAG Premium avatars? Bland...where's the MVC2 packs I heard about that the 360 got? I hope the source is correct that they'll be coming to PSN.

And it's either this week or next that the next Dante's Inferno DLC comes.

rc213

February 18, 2010 – Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for only $7.49!
February 25, 2010 – Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $7.49!
March 4, 2010 – Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $4.99!
March 11, 2010 – Age of Booty for only $4.99!
March 18, 2010 – 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Probably Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and both Resident Evil 5 DLC Chapters for me. Don't have any fighting games at all so those 2 are cheap enough to pick up for a change of pace once in a while.

Do MvC2 and SSF II Turbo HD Remix have online play?

jett

D-Member
TTP said:
WipEout HD

It's all in your head, I think. I used to play this game in 480i and I still got vsync issue and whatnot. :p When I jumped to 1080p I didn't notice a single difference with the performance.

Peggle in europe finally :D Played it to death on the iPhone but I can't get enough. Is the PS3 version any different to the million other sku's out there? Custom soundtracks?

Edit: Should have read the full press release, custom soundtracks supported.

Top Bottom