• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 02/18/10 – Digger HD Demo (EU) | The Tester (lol!)

jett

D-Member
micromagic said:
Peggle in europe finally :D Played it to death on the iPhone but I can't get enough. Is the PS3 version any different to the million other sku's out there? Custom soundtracks?

The PS3 version is garbage. 30fps ftl.

Xater

Also obligatory: So Vagrant Story finally coming to US PSN? :(

I want Capcom to put Breath of Fire 3 for the PSP up.

snap0212

jett said:
The PS3 version is garbage. 30fps ftl.
angry_baby_head.jpg

THIS IS NOT TRUE!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jett said:
It's all in your head, I think. I used to play this game in 480i and I still got vsync issue and whatnot. :p When I jumped to 1080p I didn't notice a single difference with the performance.

Trust me.

monocromo

jett said:
It's all in your head, I think. I used to play this game in 480i and I still got vsync issue and whatnot. :p When I jumped to 1080p I didn't notice a single difference with the performance.

heretic !

thechemist

sanji_blue said:
This wasn't supposed to be out in two different weeks?

Resident Evil 5
* Desperate Escape (£3.99/€4.99)
* Lost In Nightmares (£3.99/€4.99)

it's a mistake, unfortunately.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...h-february-2010/comment-page-4/#comment-56604

Posted on 18 February, 2010 at 2:13 pm by Mike Kebby

RE5 DLC UPDATE

Just to confirm what many of you have noted, Desperate Escape does NOT go live this week as I have suggested, I have double checked with Capcom, and our release schedule was incorrect.

I’m off to go and throw myself off something now…it’s been a messy day so far :(

Kinan

I was tired of waiting for EU Peggle so I bought an US PSN card and bought it there. Are any other languages available in EU version? Can you guys check?

GeoramA

Yakuza 3 demo :D

Never finished the JPN demo. It's frustrating when you have no clue what's going on...or can't read the menus.

depward

Man, when the hell is the NA version of Minna de Spelunker coming? I really want to give it a go but don't want to buy the Japanese version a week or two before the NA version hits..

MoxManiac

gofreak said:
Looks like Magic Carpet is coming to PSone classics in NA:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/18/esrb-magic-carpet-sorcerers-maze-materializing-on-ps3-and-psp/

Also some game called Sorcerer's Maze.

Glad EA is apparently finally getting around to putting the bullfrog psone games on the NA store...the PAL versions don't work on my PS3 :|

Sorcerer's Maze was a breakout clone released/localized by XS games (I think) I've heard it's pretty good if you like breakout clones.

Yakuza 3!!! Fuck yes
RE5 DLC - Dont mind if I do

I see AC2 is gets lots of DLC. Honestly, how is AC2? I REALLY hated the AC1, it was pretty much one of worst games I have played this in the past 2 generations of consoles.

Magic Carpet for a PSone classic? lame. I want some Tomba, Skullmonkeys and Alundra. Also, what happened to SCEA saying that they were going to release JPN only PSone games like Vib Ribbon on the store?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
CozMick said:
Did Street Fighter 2 HD Remix ever get a patch to fix all the problems and to add trophies?
No trophy patch but the game itself did get a patch to fix the major problems.
F'ing patch is like 400mb+

CozMick

Banned
dallow_bg said:
No trophy patch but the game itself did get a patch to fix the major problems.
F'ing patch is like 400mb+

Cool, thanks for the info, gonna buy it now, already bought it for 360 but at this price I can't resist:D

SolidusDave said:
eu blog is up, too so don't bother ^^

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/02/18/‘heads-up’-playstation-store-update-18th-february-2010/

btw I think Sega now even did the demo release wrong, Y3 demo should have go up when the game releases or 1 week before that. I fear everyone will forget about it till next month.

Will try the demo but I already played the Japanese one a lot, at least we can now compare e.g. if the quiz game (which was in the jp demo) is cut from the western version.

Just saying, but February is over in little more than a week, and the game releases on March 9th. Granted, that's two weeks from the end of Feb, but I think the majority of people who are going to buy it know about it. I do agree with you though that it could be too soon considering the volume of release content in March. I will say that it's my first purchase in March though. Even if it was the last release on the March calendar.

stawnkald

The Yakuza 3 demo is fucking awesome, I couldn't wait for the US update (which probably won't have it anyway since Sega USA is another way to spell failure) so I grabbed it with my UK account.

The "revelation" thing with the schoolgirl and the drunk guy was hilarious. :lol

stawnkald said:
The Yakuza 3 demo is fucking awesome, I couldn't wait for the US update (which probably won't have it anyway since Sega USA is another way to spell failure) so I grabbed it with my UK account.

The "revelation" thing with the schoolgirl and the drunk guy was hilarious. :lol

Do you happen to know if it is the same as the Japanese demo version? I can't fucking wait for this game. Yakuza 2 was just so much fun. It's a fucking great year to play games!!!!!!

stawnkald

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Do you happen to know if it is the same as the Japanese demo version?

Yep it's the same one. I found a lot more to do this time seeing I could understand the language. :lol

Benedict

Were enjoying the Digger HD demo. But it's not worth to buy such a title for the price they are asking, (90 sek).
Cut it in half and I would buy it immediately

spats

I played the Japanese Yakuza 3 demo when it came out and thought it was fun even though I didn't really understand anything. Having played the english demo, I feel like getting the ps2 games and playing through them before buying Yakuza 3.

Kazuma Kiryu is so badass.

Hex

Banned
spats said:
I played the Japanese Yakuza 3 demo when it came out and thought it was fun even though I didn't really understand anything. Having played the english demo, I feel like getting the ps2 games and playing through them before buying Yakuza 3.

Kazuma Kiryu is so badass.

The PS2 games are great (if you can get past the voice work in the first one), definitely worth picking up for a play through.

Does it make me crazy that the thing I'm hoping for above all else in importance this week is the MVC2 Avatar packs?

Crossing my damn fingers.

Also: Will the RE5 Gold Edition have it's own save, meaning you can't use your original save? If so then I'll be buying the separate DLC packs instead...

nexen

Benedict said:
Were enjoying the Digger HD demo. But it's not worth to buy such a title for the price they are asking, (90 sek).
Cut it in half and I would buy it immediately
Totally agree. I like Digger but $10 is too steep for me. $5 would be a buy.

Yakuza 3 demo is demo of the generation, if it doesnt convince people to buy the game I guess nothing will. Everything awesome about the game is in there. Shame I can't get to my PS3 to try the UK version until Monday, but the JP demo was amazing. Hope Segas pushing the demo's existence pretty publicly!

Halfbrick said:
Hey guys - Rocket Racing for PS3 and PSP minis is out TOMORROW

That looks really fun actually, like a throwback to MicroMiniMachines

Questions because I haven't bought a Mini yet, how do they work on PS3? Does it play full screen? Does it render it higher resolution? Do they support online play?

BeeDog

Hmm, was really excited for the Yakuza 3 demo, but maybe it's just not my type of game, it didn't really grab me. Started the demo, watched that cheesy intro with the girls running out of the club (are these cutscenes completely ingame or pre-recorded a la Uncharted?). Went in, got my ass handed to me by the sword-wielding dude and had to quit.

Was also surprised by the lack of VA when you talk to the chicks, for example. What's up with that? Anyway, will try the demo again later.

KZObsessed

BeeDog said:
Hmm, was really excited for the Yakuza 3 demo, but maybe it's just not my type of game, it didn't really grab me. Started the demo, watched that cheesy intro with the girls running out of the club (are these cutscenes completely ingame or pre-recorded a la Uncharted?). Went in, got my ass handed to me by the sword-wielding dude and had to quit.

Was also surprised by the lack of VA when you talk to the chicks, for example. What's up with that? Anyway, will try the demo again later.

Yeah this. I really didn't like the demo and came to ask for some tips.

Firstly the movement is terrible, he just accelerates to full speed so quickly, it's just weird. Weird animation.

It throws you into a fight without telling you the controls or anything. I've never played a Yakuza game before so had no idea what the combat was like. Don't really know how to do any moves or combos. Square and Triangle attack. L1 block. X "dodge" Circle grab/throw etc. Ok? Any moves I should know about? I found it difficult to time the block and dodge so it was effective. Beat the first round easily but then he pulls out a sword? Realized I had some weapons of my own and after he'd stabbed me in the chest 3 times (wtf?) I managed to beat him. It was just frustrating tho.

The next battle with the "mysterious foreigners" tho just kicked my ass. Even when the game dropped itself down to easy. I killed his followers easy enough but the main guy just destroyed me. Block seemed ineffective (guess I was timing it badly) I'd dodge but he'd just counter with a 6 kick combo I couldn't block. And so on until I was dead. Really frustrating. Didn't know how to do anything. Thought it was a very poor demo for first timers. Showed me no reason to be interested in the game, was excited for it before as well. Gahh. Maybe the games just not for me either. :(

BeeDog said:

same, the fighting didnt seem to click with me, I'm probably doing it wrong.

also, whats with the movement? its like my stick became a dpad.

BeeDog said:

I agree somewhat that combat was a bit difficult this time around. However, all Yakuza games have this. There's no actual voice overs when you are roaming around and talk to people. I actually like it. Just curious but have you played the other two?

For the people confused about the combat. If you go into the menus and go to Upgrades you can check the Abilities you have which tell you how to do different moves. There's a lot more to the combat than that small glimpse. Don't forget to a) use weapons against the tougher enemies, b) try to use Heat mode (when you give off blue aura) and c) Dodge, block and USE health drinks/food.

Top Bottom