• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 05/04/10 - MW2 Stimulus Pack | Lead & Gold (US) | Raystorm HD (JP)

Dambrosi

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Yikes, Rocket Knight is going to be $15? At $10, I probably would have bit, but $15's a bit much for a digital game.
Yes, especially one that looks like that.

BAD ART, this is thy game.

Any GAF'ers here in the U.S. pick up Lead & Gold? How is it so far?

I just care about the online community. Is it pretty active or are you guys having a tough time finding full matches?

Concept17 said:
Very interested in getting Lead and Gold - was going to get it on Steam, but the lack of dedicated servers seems to be killing the PC community. If the PS3 community is a little more lively and less laggy I would love to jump in. Any impressions would be welcome. =)

There's some info and a few impressions in the official thread;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393744

Suffice to say, if you enjoy competetive multiplayer like Team Fortress, there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy Lead & Gold.

I just bit on Leaf & Gold. I hope to squeeze it in between MLBTS sessions this week. Add me if you're PST as well: bonesmccoy.

Massa

Withnail said:
EU update.

Looks OK. 3 PS3 games, R-Type tactics for PSP, EyePet avatars and a Gravity Crash dynamic theme.

EU is kicking ass with those PSP price drops.

Speaking of, did Locoroco Midnight Carnival ever went on sale in the US?

Heads up to everyone in this thread, do NOT buy Star Wars: Dark Forces (PSone) because it is absolutely AWFUL.

Horrible framerate drops, terrible controls - the list goes on and on. The Star Wars nostalgia only goes so far but you are FAR better off finding the (free) PC version.

I totally regret spending that $5.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Really curious to see how Split/Second (demo) performs on PS3. Odd it was not released on the US Store yesterday.

Goldrusher

FFS, what's up with all the "Not available in ..."

Kick-Ass: The Game (£9.99/€12.99) Rating: PEGI 16
Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland.

R-Type Tactics (11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: Not available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland.

Sneezies (2.99/€2.49) Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain and Switzerland

Split/Second: Velocity Rating: PEGI 7
Availability: Not available in Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Portugal

BeeDog

Just tried the Split Second demo. Looks good and runs well, (very little) screen tearing when a lot of shit happens on screen, and it looks like a better version of Burnout Paradise at 30 fps and with a Piss Filter(tm) slapped on top of it. The gameplay itself was alright, much slower than I thought and the explosion stuff could get boring in the long run.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kudos to Blackrock Studios for showing how it's done and achieving perfect parity again with Split/Second. Both versions look and perform 100% the same (to the naked eye at least).

Here, spot the difference.

PS3
n6zwar.jpg

xpd1c7.jpg

9kyqom.jpg

PS3
16ll3c7.jpg

Will buy.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Kudos to Blackrock Studios for showing how it's done and achieving perfect parity again with Split/Second. Both versions look and perform 100% the same (to the naked eye at least).

I see differences :(

TTP said:

meh not good enough, should look better on PS3!

Nizz

TTP said:
*snip*
Will buy.
So the demo's available on PSN now? Didn't see it last night in the store update. Great to hear it's running nicely on PS3. I played the Pure demo and that ran beautifully so I knew Black Rock were very capable with the PS3. Nice to see it confirmed again.

k0ji-wd

I was looking forward to Lead and Gold but having just watched the two MP videos from Red Dead Redemption, I feel once that releases it'll make Lead and Gold pretty much redundant. . .

TTP said:

Here, spot the difference.

PS3 version gets car 54, superior version confirmed.

biocat

Just got 9th place on the Raystorm online ranking board! I need to savor this now because come later today I'll probably be sub 100s.

(edit) Just found out you can download other players' replays that are on the top ten! Download my replay now before it goes away!:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lsslave said:
Is it really that bad?

Yes, yes it is.

Let me count thy ways:

1) Unfinished/buggy
2) Patches to make it LESS unfinished/buggy but it stays unfinished/buggy
3) DLC is a joke ($15 for a buggy game? No thanks)
4) Community is trash and sore losers. Kicks you when they died before you.
5) Warhawk is superior in every-way.

Top Bottom