• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/03/08

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jvm said:
Agreed. There needs to be an icon in the store that says "You're a subscriber. Download latest episode now".

Yeah. Not having something like that it's like them saying "You're a subscriber. LOL!"

N30RYU said:
1.8 Gb naruto Demo included... or the Qore episode have a link to the download... if so... how much Mb is the demo?
I'm pretty sure it's not included. Qore has a "mini" store where you download the rest.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Such a late arrival for the content and its not even that worth it, sigh, sorry guys I plunged and bought that episode of Qore for the demo.

Aeon712

Not only does Qore have the Naruto demo but it also has Resistance 2 behind the scenes footage...urge to buy rising.

For anyone who already has the second episode:

Does it overwrite the first episode? Or do they both just sit on your hard drive?

PS - I actually thought the service would update itself. How fucking lame that I had to come to this forum just to figure it out - what a fucking joke so far.

Tiduz said:
250 gb hdd for the win, ill store all qore eps. Just bought year subscription :D

Ditto on all counts. At first I thought each new episode of QORE would replace the last one, but I'm glad I can just keep them all.

Also, I guess SCE finally figured out having the Dead Space comics in 1080p was pretty pointless now that part 2 and 3 are in 720p :lol

just watched the new valkyria teaser from the store, good god it looks good on a big screen.
unfortunately no voices in it, just some awesome music. cant wait for it :D

could someone direct me to a site which sells US PSNetwork cards (preferably paypal) so i can redeem the code and get Qore, i want that naruto demo :O

CoilShot

BlazingDarkness said:
could someone direct me to a site which sells US PSNetwork cards (preferably paypal) so i can redeem the code and get Qore, i want that naruto demo :O

They started selling PSN cards in the US?

g35twinturbo said:

That's not getting demos early. That's getting them at the same time they would otherwise have been released, but only if you pay. Otherwise you get them late. If Qore didn't exist, everyone could download the demo today. Not that anyone would. Naruto. Ugh.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
BobJustBob said:
That's not getting demos early. That's getting them at the same time they would otherwise have been released, but only if you pay. Otherwise you get them late. If Qore didn't exist, everyone could download the demo today. Not that anyone would. Naruto. Ugh.

yeah but it does exist and Qore folks get it early (2 weeks)

Agent X

Gold Member
BobJustBob said:

I was thinking about it some more, and this week's update went from lame to really lame. Not only did we not get any new downloadable games (for either PS3 or PSP), but we didn't even get any new demos...unless you purchased Qore, in which case you get an exclusive Naruto demo.

I'm not bothered by the fact that purchasers of Qore get an exclusive demo. There's no problem with that. My complaint is that they're doing this on a week where there are no other demos. It's a slap in the face.

I'm beginning to wonder if Sony will continue to pull this stunt on future Qore release weeks, where they deliberately post no new downloadable games or demos unless you pony up the cash for Qore.

duffey

BlazingDarkness said:
Just do what I did today: Vanilla Visa gift card. I'm buying other stuff of course (like catching up on PSN releases from last year that I completely missed) but basically it's what I have to do to buy stuff on the store till they release the cards around here.

N30RYU

Gold Member
When someone finish the 1.8Gb download, tell us how much space need the demo, and please try to get the demo link with the proxyserver....

thanks

Pein

Banned
duffey said:
Just do what I did today: Vanilla Visa gift card. I'm buying other stuff of course (like catching up on PSN releases from last year that I completely missed) but basically it's what I have to do to buy stuff on the store till they release the cards around here.
where can I get visa gift cards?

duffey

Pein said:
where can I get visa gift cards?
I went to a gas station to get mine but I imagine places like a Wal-Mart or grocery stores would carry them. The catch with using them is you won't get to use all whatever value card you get as for some reason Sony requires a dollar to be on the card at all times to be able to use it. Example: I bought a $50 dollar card today, I'm only able to use $49 of it. No biggie for me, but I can see why it might irritate someone.

CoilShot

Tisan said:
So does anyone know if Qore exclusive demos come available to regular users once the next episode is out?

As far as the Naruto demo it will be available July 17 and regular Qore exclusive demos maybe but its up in the air at the moment.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just loaded up Qore #2. Hellboy 2 trailer is the lead-in for me. That movie's plot looks dumb as all get-out, but I like the style of the characters so much that I can't help smirking.

Also, Veronica Belmont was a perfect choice for Qore. Cute as a button and carries herself well on the geeky stuff.

Fragile Eagle is looking a little sloppy in HD :lol

Also the intro for the R2 segment mentions something about us (Americans) having an immunity to the Chimera virus. I assume a vaccine has been invented.

CoilShot

jvm said:
Just loaded up Qore #2. Hellboy 2 trailer is the lead-in for me. That movie's plot looks dumb as all get-out, but I like the style of the characters so much that I can't help smirking.

Also, Veronica Belmont was a perfect choice for Qore. Cute as a button and carries herself well on the geeky stuff.

Could you tell us how large the demo for Naruto is?

Naruto demo is 558 megs and needs to be downloaded seperate.

There is also a Resistance 2 theme and still Calling All Cars is free.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Linkzg said:
Naruto demo is 558 megs and needs to be downloaded seperate.

There is also a Resistance 2 theme and still Calling All Cars is free.
Confirming. Also, the tagline on the Resistance 2 theme is pretty cute:

"If you don't download this theme, the Chimera win."

I'd almost think they were making fun of the right-wing kill-the-terrorists warmongers. Or something. :lol

N30RYU

Gold Member
jvm said:
Confirming. Also, the tagline on the Resistance 2 theme is pretty cute:

"If you don't download this theme, the Chimera win."

I'd almost think they were making fun of the right-wing kill-the-terrorists warmongers. Or something. :lol

Surely won't work... but please can you try if the proxyserver program get the demo link?

thanks

jvm

Gamasutra.
N30RYU said:
Surely won't work... but please can you try if the proxyserver program get the demo link?

thanks
No idea what that means. Anyway, the demo goes through the store as a purchase, so I doubt tricks will get around it...

kairu

I started downloading Qore, went to the gym for like 50 minutes and its only at 47% now. I still gotta download Naruto after this?! Ugh.

Top Bottom