• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/03/08

HooYaH

It looks really good. A lot of button mashing and it's quite hillarious when you mess up on a special move.

N30RYU

KeiichiInafune said:
I did. The demo file is around 550MB I think. It was ok. I'm not very experinced with the Naruto fighting games but I had fun.

Can you define the visuals? The last screenshots looks pixelated, and I wanna know your impressions of how it look in motion.

This is my first Qore. I first despise the idea, but you know what I like this shit propaganda and all, I will be selective in my issues but I like it.

N30RYU

HooYaH said:
It looks really good. A lot of button mashing and it's quite hillarious when you mess up on a special move.

Can you try in the demo if you can climb the walls at your own will... or only if you get smashed to the wall?

Also if one player can be standing on a wall and the other on the floor... or the one on the floor automatically jump to the wall.

N30RYU said:
Can you try in the demo if you can climb the walls at your own will... or only if you get smashed to the wall?

I'm trying to figure it out. You hold down attack to land a knock back blow, I know that much.

Ok, doesn't seem you can.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ok, the R2 stuff is pretty good. I haven't been following R2 (and I still have to finish R1 ... yeah, yeah) but this was a nice introduction.

The mo-cap section could have been more detailed, I believe. But, then, I've been in a mo-cap studio before (the one at Epic Games) so I didn't see anything I hadn't already seen before.

Except Veronica Belmont dancing in a mo-cap suit, and her actions translated into a Chimera model on the computer screen. Amusing. :D She also notes she has a VPL (an acronym I didn't know, but she helpfully explains).

There is also a decent R1/R2 comparison, although it could have done more side-by-side freeze-frame. Maybe they don't want to do too much of that this early? Not sure.

The way they're filming the cinematics was interesting, but short.

Also watched a trailer for Monster Madness (from SouthPeak). Yuck. I can't believe they're showing that off.

Then a trailer for MGS4. Reminds me, I'm on the last act and I need to finish ... maybe tonight.

Also, hidden game is back, updated a bit.

MercuryLS

Banned
N30RYU said:
Can you define the visuals? The last screenshots looks pixelated, and I wanna know your impressions of how it look in motion.

Very smooth, not a jaggie in sight. Great use of motion blur, the best use of cel shading (very clean output like a CG movie), it moves beautifully and the effects are top notch. Easily one of the best looking next gen games i've seen soo far, no joke.

Bricfa

Commencing bitching post now...

What the fuck Sony? I wasn't mad when you said $599, Cause I knew PSN would be free. now you pull this shit on me? I got all hyped up for this R2 video I read about in the OP. Then when I went to download it, and damn it, it wasn't there! ButI was certain the Gaf thread was accurate.

Then I read the OP more carefully. Now I realize the abomination that is Qore.

MercuryLS

Banned
Bricfa said:
Commencing bitching post now...

What the fuck Sony? I wasn't mad when you said $599, Cause I knew PSN would be free. now you pull this shit on me? I got all hyped up for this R2 video I read about in the OP. Then when I went to download it, and damn it, it wasn't there! ButI was certain the Gaf thread was accurate.

Then I read the OP more carefully. Now I realize the abomination that is Qore.

They were going to charge for something, Sony isn't running a charity here.

I'd rather be charged a small amount for extras like this than to be charged to P2P.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow at the naruto developer interviews, the first guy, In Joon Hwang, is cute, he reminds me of a friend of mine. I think he might be....

The other guy, Andrew Davis should never ever speak in that weird "naruto" voice ever again.

oh and WTH @ downloading Qore at 1756MB then having to download the naruto demo @ 550MB.

This Naruto demo is pretty hilarious and really fun even though I have zero knowledge of the source material. Graphically it looks fucking astonishing.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Silent Hill: Homecoming looks ok. Not a ton of interesting stuff in the Qore presentation. On the other hand, wow busty zombie nurses. Oh, and I thought the SH:H music was reminiscent of SH1 and SH2. Am I off base on that?

The Madden stuff was pretty ho-hum. While I was watching I wondered if this was EA or Sony trying to mend fences. Maybe both. On the other hand, having all those Madden covers in one slideshow was really quite a nice treat.

And the Naruto guy from CyberConnect2 was interesting. The localization expert (or whoever) was ... ouch. Agree with poster above: don't try the voice. Yikes. Still, funny how Belmont got him to do it so easily. Reminds me how easily cute girls can manipulate men. :D

Playing Naruto demo now.

Somnia

This episode just makes me glad I subbed to Qore. The R2 stuff was great. I loved the 50's commercials. As long as Qore keeps getting better and better I hope more of you try it out...definatly woth the little bit of cash it costs.

Somnia said:
This episode just makes me glad I subbed to Qore. The R2 stuff was great. I loved the 50's commercials. As long as Qore keeps getting better and better I hope more of you try it out...definatly woth the little bit of cash it costs.

I'd pay $3 to spit in the faces of whoever's responsible, but that's about it.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
For anyone that wants the Naruto demo.

Just create a new user and login as bstf23@gmail.com/neogaf99 as the login/pass. Then Go into the playstation store, view downloads. Then download the Naruto Demo and the Resistance 2 theme if you want that. Set them as background downloads than log out.

It should work on more than 5 machines as there's no DRM restrictions like the paid games.

calder

Boo, I bought Qore for the R2 stuff, only to find out I also paid for early access to a demo. Not sure I like that at all, but now someone at Sony is looking at my +1 and thinking "hey, they seem to not mind it after all!". :p

Am I alone in thinking that paying a few dollars for a decently produced video mag with exclusive interviews and previews is ok, but monetizing demos even for a weeks exclusive makes it actually less appealing? :\

inner-G

Banned
BSTF said:

Just create a new user and login as bstf23@gmail.com/neogaf99 as the login/pass. Then Go into the playstation store, view downloads. Then download the Naruto Demo and the Resistance 2 theme if you want that. Set them as background downloads than log out.

It should work on more than 5 machines as there's no DRM restrictions like the paid games.
Really? That's pretty sweet.

I'm sure that there are some GAFfers out there that don't have CC's or something that will jump on this.

ascii42

calder said:
Boo, I bought Qore for the R2 stuff, only to find out I also paid for early access to a demo. Not sure I like that at all, but now someone at Sony is looking at my +1 and thinking "hey, they seem to not mind it after all!". :p

Am I alone in thinking that paying a few dollars for a decently produced video mag with exclusive interviews and previews is ok, but monetizing demos even for a weeks exclusive makes it actually less appealing? :\
I got enough OPM magazines in large part for the demos over the years for it to not bother me so much. It still kind of sucks for the rest of us though.

Mamesj

Banned
BSTF said:

Thanks! You get logged out automatically if someone else uses it, but as you say, you can grab it if you set it as a background download.

N30RYU

BSTF said:

If true, can anyone try and get the link with proxyserver to download the demo to the PC? Should be no problem, 'cause the demo is alredy on the store... but the link is hidden.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BSTF said:

Uh...I hope you specifically created that for users to share, cause if not...

duffey

N30RYU said:
If true, can anyone try and get the link with proxyserver to download the demo to the PC? Should be no problem, 'cause the demo is alredy on the store... but the link is hidden.
You are really obsessed with getting this demo via whatever proxyserver that you're talking about.

bryehn

Wow, that Naruto engine is fucking amazing. That has to be one of, if not the best looking game I've seen. They have my monies.

Please make an RPG using this Namco/CC2!

N30RYU

duffey said:
You are really obsessed with getting this demo via whatever proxyserver that you're talking about.

"PS3 Proxyserver" is a program that get the http adress of the store files to let you download them to a PC, and then transfer it disguised as another download to the PS3.

Is used by ppl that haven't got 3 accounts (USA, JAP, EUR) and don't wanna wait (I'm eur) to a demo or video to be released in his store

Tntnnbltn

Resistance 2 Qore theme:
9hq68g.jpg

(Uses default grey icon for trophies and internet search)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
bryehn said:
Wow, that Naruto engine is fucking amazing. That has to be one of, if not the best looking game I've seen. They have my monies.

Please make an RPG using this Namco/CC2!

Needs to be quoted.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Uh...I hope you specifically created that for users to share, cause if not...

It's all good, I wouldn't be that stupid.

N30RYU said:
"PS3 Proxyserver" is a program that get the http adress of the store files to let you download them to a PC, and then transfer it disguised as another download to the PS3.

Is used by ppl that haven't got 3 accounts (USA, JAP, EUR) and don't wanna wait (I'm eur) to a demo or video to be released in his store

Nice never heard of that program before.

I just used wireshark to download videos to my PC occassionally. Anyway the URL to the demo is http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...fbsyLjxTVUwvbbDeT.pkg?product=0084&country=us

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Tisan said:
So before I spend this whopping $3 on Qore, are there still ads in it? The non-skippable Burger-King variety? Thanks :)

Yea but the ads are for naruto ninja storm.

Somnia

Tisan said:
So before I spend this whopping $3 on Qore, are there still ads in it? The non-skippable Burger-King variety? Thanks :)

I watched everything except the Naruto stuff so far. I was able to skip every single ad (granted some of them made you watch about 5-6 seconds then gave you the option to skip)

icechai

Naruto demo is awesome, so pretty and so much potential. I hope they add more mashups and super moves per character!

Naruto

I got a question.
If I defragment my HDD, or buy a new one, will the PSS remember which stuff I bought and will let me download them for free again?

StuBurns

Banned
Naruto said:
I got a question.
If I defragment my HD, or buy a new one, will the PSS remember which stuff I bought and will let me download them for free again?
Yep, they're tied to your account not your system.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Actually, the theme and demo are possibly DRM protected. You have to go through the checkout system of the store to "purchase" the content for $0, then you can download it.

Top Bottom