• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain N

Rayman shots have me wishing Gravity Daze didn't have watermarks on all its screenshots.

ew

2012-02-19-145249.jpg

rSpooky

Dammit.. screw this thread ...I should have never entered it..

I just came back from the mall where I pre-ordered me a VITA.(3G) (and got 3 games Uncharted, golf and deviants.)

XTERC

FYI... Tomball Target had 1 game on the shelf (Dungeon Hunter Alliance), there were also two empty spaces for Dynasty Warriors and Ninja Gaiden. The assistant told me he wasn't allowed to put other games out until the 22nd, but they did have the other games in the warehouse.

JohngPR

If any of you guys are looking for a case that's similar to the First Edition Bundle case in functionality, I recommend the RDS Vita Case.

It's not a true hard case, but has enough firmness and padding to protect your Vita and it also protects your screen while it's in the case, holds a ton of games, and the bit that protects your screen/holds your games flips back and doubles as a stand to watch videos. There's even a strap with a tab that your Vita rests on that lets you pull it out of the case easily.

WhotI.jpg

BlDqF.jpg

p1Azt.jpg

6SS8u.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it.

Found out what I'm getting back on my tax refunds, and it's more than enough to cover the cost of a Wi-Fi Vita and a 32 GB Memory Card. Sweeeeeet. Can't friggin' wait.

Rayman Origins (which I haven't played yet) and Lumines call my name. ;-;

d0c_zaius

You and I are in MAJOR disagreement.

I'd be interested to know why and what launches you think went better, because I only planned on getting UMVC3 and SSD and now I'm looking at 7 games that I bought, not to mention 4 PSP games, plus all the old ones I had that just look way better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If any of you guys are looking for a case that's similar to the First Edition Bundle case in functionality, I recommend the RDS Vita Case.

It's not a true hard case, but has enough firmness and padding to protect your Vita and it also protects your screen while it's in the case, holds a ton of games, and even doubles as a stand to watch videos. There's even a strap with a tab that your Vita rests on that lets you pull it out of the case easily.

Wow this is really nice. Looks like its only $20 too.

Airan

Is the PSV as light as the PSP? It really feels like it - I tried it first at Eurogamer and was shocked (but was then told it was a display unit), I tried a real one today at GAME and it's still light! Amazing.

SUPARSTARX

So bad.

I hit up two Target stores in Brooklyn, they only had one or two games. They didn't even get all their shipment in.

I guess I'll wait until later this week to pick up something good to play.

Where can I order imports online?

So question. If I take my men card out of the system will I be prompted I reformat it once I put it back in?

Lumines keeps locking upy system she I try to install it from my physical copy

Ys Seven is so goooooooooood.

Xseed better find a way to get us Ys Celceta here. Can't wait and Falcom, where are my new footages eh?!!!

Is the PSV as light as the PSP? It really feels like it - I tried it first at Eurogamer and was shocked (but was then told it was a display unit), I tried a real one today at GAME and it's still light! Amazing.

It's light... really light. Lighter than a PSP1k

Looks like the perfect case for someone who with mostly or only retail games.

Stop teasing us, Gravity_Rush-starved peasants, you jerk.

Rich!

Felt just as light as a slim PSP when I tried it.

Grisby

Holy Christ the Vita screen is pure sex. I messed up on the screen protector though and got a nice air bubble at the top. Debating whether to try again because I suck at putting these things on.

And wow, lotsa fingerprints too.

Ken

Holy Christ the Vita screen is pure sex. I messed up on the screen protector though and got a nice air bubble at the top. Debating whether to try again because I suck at putting these things on.

Try taking a card or cloth and push the bubble to the edge of the protector to see if it escapes?

theBishop

Banned

Somebody should make a case lined with microfiber.

Animator

Can someone explain to me what gravity daze plays like and what the objective is. Every video of it I have seen looks fucking awesome but I am still not sure what kind of game it is. Is it a platformer?

CSSer

Can someone explain to me what gravity daze plays like and what the objective is. Every video of it I have seen looks fucking awesome but I am still not sure what kind of game it is. Is it a platformer?

Seems like a Japanese equivalent of Infamous, game structure wise.

This is a Japanese stream showing the game
http://www.justin.tv/feed_rss/b/307996420?

Damn, when are they going to announce the release for this. There's a gravity rush live chat on March 7th or so.

theBishop

Banned

I played it for all of about 4 minutes, but it seems like a semi- open world 3rd person adventure. But the crazy gravity mechanic makes it different from any other game. I didn't play long enough to see if there are "levels" or how the world is broken up.

Ran rp

It's not a true hard case, but has enough firmness and padding to protect your Vita and it also protects your screen while it's in the case, holds a ton of games, and the bit that protects your screen/holds your games flips back and doubles as a stand to watch videos. There's even a strap with a tab that your Vita rests on that lets you pull it out of the case easily.

WhotI.jpg

BlDqF.jpg

p1Azt.jpg

6SS8u.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it.

Where did you buy it? I'm not sure if that Walmart one is it or not.

I played it for all of about 4 minutes, but it seems like a semi- open world 3rd person adventure. But the crazy gravity mechanic makes it different from any other game. I didn't play long enough to see if there are "levels" or how the world is broken up.

I'm assuming it's extremely unfriendly via import...?

JohngPR

Wow this is really nice. Looks like its only $20 too.

Yessir. I paid $20 for it.

Looks like the perfect case for someone who with mostly or only retail games.

I'm going with the 8GB stick that comes with the 3G Vita so I'll probably go retail for now (MLB 12 The Show will be the exception). Even if you don't go all physical, I think it's a pretty nice case. :)

PSY・S;35280280 said:
Where did you buy it? I'm not sure if that Walmart one is it or not.

I bought it at Target. Both Targets I went to had that same case for sale.

Ran rp

Yessir. I paid $20 for it.

I'm going with the 8GB stick that comes with the 3G Vita so I'll probably go retail for now (MLB 12 The Show will be the exception). Even if you don't go all physical, I think it's a pretty nice case. :)

I bought it at Target. Both Targets I went to had that same case for sale.

The "Game Traveler Case" right? Model PV140? I checked Target.com and it looks like it isn't being sold online =(

JohngPR

I don't know if this is the actual case or not, I only saw one on Walmart. Not sure if this is the same case or not though.

That's the same one I saw when I tried to look for a link online, but decided not to link to it just in case it's a different case. I did see them at Target though.

PSY・S;35280478 said:
The "Game Traveler Case" right? Model PV140? I checked Target.com and it looks like it isn't being sold online =(

Looked at the back of the box and yep, that's the one. Sucks that they don't have it online. :(

All Target stores must be carrying it though because the guy that mentioned it in that CAG link you posted also bought his there.

Ken

It's kind of a mix of platformer and action? The game has story quests and side quests. I'm about 5 hours in and story quests have so far either involved talking to NPCs or killing a series of enemies culminating in a boss fight. Of course, the fights themselves are fun and the time spent traveling with gravity powers to the next fight feels very good. One story quest had me sneaking past guards, so I could use my gravity powers to attach under the ledge they're on and walk past them. Only been one mission like that, but it was still very cool.

There's challenges spread out around the area "hubs." These have online leaderboards and can have you trying to rack up X amount of points by killing enemies, or races to see how fast you can hit all the checkpoints. Gems (what you use to level up your abilities) are awarded based on how well you do (bronze, silver, and gold medals). Some of the challenges in the first area are cool, like only being able to to attack by throwing objects which really changes the game up.

You can travel between different areas. I haven't played the demo but watching Youtube videos of it it looks like it's only in the first area. Once you've reached a certain point in the story you can "take" the train to a new area. Each area also has quite a few challenges to complete in addition to the story quests, and trying to collect the gems strewn about is fun.

About to head out to Toys 'R Us to grab a case and memory card. Wish me lucy! :)

There is a Super Target right next door, so I will probably drop by there and try to pull the B2G1 sale, but if not, I may just grab their flier and head over to Best Buy to see if I can get a price match. If everything comes together, I'll have all my shopping done today, then I can just get my system on Wednesday. Just keeping my fingers crossed that my GS is having a midnight launch event. I'm catching a flight at 7:30AM on Wednesday, and I'd LOVE to be able to take my Vita along.

Ran rp

That's the same one I saw when I tried to look for a link online, but decided not to link to it just in case it's a different case. I did see them at Target though.

Looked at the back of the box and yep, that's the one.

Aww. It's being sold at bluemouth.com but the product page just says "coming soon." This case looks better than the FEB one, honestly.

Alchemy

Last time I checked the PSN (on my PS3) for Vita games I didn't see Lumines, all games will be available digitally right? With the failure that is Target I think I'll just pick up Lumines and Uncharted first. BlazBlue was filler for the deal and I can wait on Katamari.

Ken

Last time I checked the PSN (on my PS3) for Vita games I didn't see Lumines, all games will be available digitally right? With the failure that is Target I think I'll just pick up Lumines and Uncharted first. BlazBlue was filler for the deal and I can wait on Katamari.

Lumines is up on the PSN; that's where I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom