• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Teasing us soooo bad. :<

I wanted to re-try Gen I so I'm not too upset. To be fair I dunno if I can go back---I have like a one Gen ago limit. I tried playing Gen IV the other day and just couldn't, don't know if I can go back before unlimited TMs, no good way to grind, no Phys/Special split, etc.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Soooo who's hyped for "Pokémon Z"............Masuda why? you totally trolled me man. ;_;

Anyway I am meh on both picross and gen 1 hitting the virtual console but I am strangely calm about this and even laughing at myself for getting hyped up for "Pokémon Z".

Anyway I think we can safely rule out another gen 1 remake happening next year since gen 1 hitting the virtual console is their way of celebrating Pokémon 20th anniversary.

Also I think that "Pokémon Z" announcement will be saved for next year then.

Watch Da Birdie

Just really wondering what Game Freak's plan is.

RBY VC is cool, but I don't know how to feel about it because it really should've been on the Virtual Console by now and if this is basically all they're doing for the Anniversary, that seems disappointing.

Hydrus

Soooo who's hyped for "Pokémon Z"............Masuda why? you totally trolled me man. ;_;

Anyway I am meh on both picross and gen 1 hitting the virtual console but I am strangely calm about this and even laughing at myself for getting hyped up for "Pokémon Z".

Anyway I think we can safely rule out another gen 1 remake happening next year since gen 1 hitting the virtual console is their way of celebrating Pokémon 20th anniversary.

Also I think that "Pokémon Z" announcement will be saved for next year then.

Or we can get a sequel!! But yea, thats probably it. Maybe some more gen 1 stuff in Z but thats it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Teasing us soooo bad. :<

I wanted to re-try Gen I so I'm not too upset. To be fair I dunno if I can go back---I have like a one Gen ago limit. I tried playing Gen IV the other day and just couldn't, don't know if I can go back before unlimited TMs, no good way to grind, no Phys/Special split, etc.

If the missigno glitch is in then you'll get your unlimited TMs in R/B.

After years of Joe saying it'd never happen we finally get Pokemon on the Virtual Console! =P
Too bad the trading is only local, oh well, it's cool that we're even getting them! I think I might import that physical Yellow Version just to have it since NoA is being dumb about it.

As for Z I guess they might be waiting to announce it on the actual 20th Anniversary.

CTqsBB-UAAA4vcf.jpg

pikachu's reign of terror continues

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's just a matter of time. A game is coming, these Zygarde forms are not anime exclusive.

I suppose they can't announce it yet since it's also coming to a console that hasn't been announced yet, and Nintendo ain't Square.

Kekekekeke

If they went to the effort of having wireless, I feel like they're going to remove some of the more popular glitches. TPC/Nintendo originally said that Missingno was even harmful to your save file even though I don't think that was ever true.

I can see so many people ruining their handhelds by trying to stick a magnet shaped like a game cart in there. Unless it's really big or something.

Qurupeke

Damn, I saw the news about RBY yesterday and I thought it would be wi-fi trades. Now I must get Blue because everyone I know gets Red. ;_;

They're not jumping console mid generation

Like you I thought they would never announce Old gen Pokémon game for the virtual console. Now that they prove me wrong I think it's more possible then we may think that they would jump ship mid gen or at the very least make it cross gen.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I know that feel, I also thought it was JAM Project lol

I feel they're fitting for the POWER OF Z

JoeM86

Like you I thought they would never announce Old gen Pokémon game for the virtual console. Now that they prove me wrong I think it's more possible then we may think that they would jump ship mid gen or at the very least make it cross gen.

I always said that they would never release the Pokémon games without a way to trade/battle, and they got that.

Just because they did that doesn't mean they're going to jump ship cross generation. It doesn't work like that.

Chase17

Do we know if shadow mewtwo will be the only Pokken amiibo card? It looked pretty nice, it'd be cool if the whole roster got one.

ash_ag

I think we all need to sit back and wait for a bit. Nintendo and their affiliates have become so unpredictable lately, that no "rule", "pattern", or historical statement could be taken on face value. It's a bit like Smash and its "roster rules" at this point.

I see no good reason to take Z for granted, and I can't say with certainty if the next game will be Gen 7 either. Not even the platform choice can be properly predicted -- for all we know, the transition to NX could happen with a cross-gen game on both 3DS and NX.

We're upon a truly traditional era. Anything could happen.

JoeM86

I think we all need to sit back and wait for a bit. Nintendo and their affiliates have become so unpredictable lately, that no "rule", "pattern", or historical statement could be taken on face value. It's a bit like Smash and its "roster rules" at this point.

I see no good reason to take Z for granted, and I can't say with certainty if the next game will be Gen 7 either. Not even the platform choice can be properly predicted -- for all we know, the transition to NX could happen with a cross-gen game on both 3DS and NX.

We're upon a truly traditional era. Anything could happen.

Perhaps, but we have new forms of Zygarde. They are not anime exclusive.

ash_ag

Perhaps, but we have new forms of Zygarde. They are not anime exclusive.

They definitely aren't anime-exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash-Greninja isn't either. But the possibilities on how and when they will be incorporated in the main games remain more open than ever.

To be honest, I find it rather nice that the anime introduces super-major new material to the series' lore for once. XY was fun to watch to begin with, but XY&Z feels extra rewarding to follow because of that.

JoeM86

They definitely aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash-Greninja isn't either. But the possibilities on how and when they will be incorporated in the main games remain more open than ever.

To be honest, I find it rather nice that the anime introduces super-major new material to the series' lore for once. XY was fun to watch to begin with, but XY&Z feels extra rewarding to follow because of that.

Well as I said, there is absolutely zero chance of them starting a new generation reveal/period/release before all Pokémon from the previous generation are out, and to have it in the same year as the final Pokémon from the generation is out is a marketing mis-step

Billyman

Neo Member
It's so obvious that they're gearing up for another pair of Gen 6 games so we won't see Gen VII for a while. It really feels like we won't get the next games till Holiday Season 2016 though, this wait is going to suck. I really wish they didn't skimp out on the battle frontier for ORAS, at least I'd have something to play in the meantime

Super bummed that the US isn't getting physical versions of the Gen 1 VC games. Is anyone else thinking of importing any of them? I'm thinking of importing Yellow just to have, not to play though.

Watch Da Birdie

Not to be insensitive, but I imagine we're going to have another "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" deal after today's attack.I wonder how extensive the probable rewrites will be, but I imagine they may drop any climatic scenes that would've taken place in Lumiose.

Thinking about it, I might just import Green instead, I mean I'll get Yellow in English because that version's the best, but for a physical copy Green would be cool. Vensaur is my favorite of the Kanto starter final evos and it'd be cool to own Green version since we never got it here, plus I'm not a huge Pikachu fan.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not to be insensitive, but I imagine we're going to have another "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" deal after today's attack.I wonder how extensive the probable rewrites will be, but I imagine they may drop any climatic scenes that would've taken place in Lumiose.

TR vs TP was cancelled because something happened in Japan, not in US.

Paris had a horrible terrorist attack today with over 100 people horribly killed.
Bad stuff going down in Lumiose could be in bad taste.

they might tone down what they had planned but at the same time it doesn't even look like we're going to get a Team Flare attack anytime soon

it won't be the same rewrite as with TP vs TR since that was scheduled to air like really close to after the tsunami

they might tone down what they had planned but at the same time it doesn't even look like we're going to get a Team Flare attack anytime soon

it won't be the same rewrite as with TP vs TR since that was scheduled to air like really close to after the tsunami
I have no idea what's going on in the anime, I was just basing my post on Birdie's.

Top Bottom