• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Cindro

I love Pokemon so darn much

I've been strongly considering replaying Soul Silver lately. I burned out on it before getting to the Red battle, and since there's no real Pokemon game out this year it seems like a good time to do it. The only problem is that I'm buying Yokai Watch next week, so it would be foolhardy to restart SS now.

Decisions, decisions

That's quite odd. Check there's no contaminant on the cart's contacts
It's either that or 3DS contacts. I'm talking from experience here. Man my NA XL is so fucked up...

There's some liquid you can buy and gently apply with q-tips in moderation that will do the cleaning job very well. It's important to do it gently and in moderation because otherwise you can fuck shit up. But as long as you make sure your q-tip is merely damp and not dripping wet then you'll be fine.

Salaadin

That's quite odd. Check there's no contaminant on the cart's contacts

It's either that or 3DS contacts. I'm talking from experience here. Man my NA XL is so fucked up...

There's some liquid you can buy and gently apply with q-tips in moderation that will do the cleaning job very well. It's important to do it gently and in moderation because otherwise you can fuck shit up. But as long as you make sure your q-tip is merely damp and not dripping wet then you'll be fine.

Tried cleaning the cart, the 3ds contacts, the sd card. Even opened up the 3ds to make sure things weren't loose. Everything felt good but I was still freezing.

Did more research online and I've found a few others with the problem. One person stated that their Wi-Fi light dimmed when it froze. I didn't notice this on mine but I turned off all wireless communication anyways and I haven't had a problem since.

Too early to say it's fixed but I'm at least able to put in more than 20 minutes now.

Billyman

Neo Member
I love Pokemon so darn much

I've been strongly considering replaying Soul Silver lately. I burned out on it before getting to the Red battle, and since there's no real Pokemon game out this year it seems like a good time to do it. The only problem is that I'm buying Yokai Watch next week, so it would be foolhardy to restart SS now.

Decisions, decisions
Play SS now, that's what I'm doing with HG. Perfect for the autumn vibes.

I just made that post in the first place in hopes that someone would talk me into it :D

I'm curious, how often do you PokeGAFfers replay older mainline games?
I usually have at least one game going at any given point. Gives me excuses to test out some Pokemon I've never used before. I think the only Gen 1 Pokemon I've never used in a playthrough are Farfetch'd, Dewgong, and Seaking. Currently running through Crystal with some PCNY event Pokemon I got through totally legitimate means.

I hardly ever do so.

The last time I touched Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, SS, or W/W2 was to transfer forward all the Pokemon and store them in Bank. Maybe I'll feel up to playing older games again, but not right now. Especially since ORAS provides my G3 fix.

That said, I may consider going back to Yellow when it comes to VC.

I played Black back in May just to confirm that it was my favourite Pokemon game and it wasn't just nostalgia. Thankfully, it really is that good. I played Black 2 a month after, which I never finished back in 2012 because it felt too samey and I didn't care for the extended Pokedex. I'll say that it's much better than I gave it credit for...

Anyway, I'm in Japan, Poke GAF. In celebration of the 20th year anniversary next year, I've decided to do something kind of silly: I'm going to visit all 9 Pokemon Centers during my 3 weeks here. It's a shame that all of them have similar merchandise and only new Pokemon stuff. Wish I came here 5 years ago for Unova Pokemon stuff...

I've been to Tokyo, Yokohama and Chiba so far. 6 more to go!

Seil

I don't really replay older games anymore. It's been years since I played a gen 3 or older game, legit or romhack. I've played some Gen IV games recently, but only for the sake of collecting Pokemon in Safari Balls. I honestly have difficulty playing Gen IV games now because they just feel so clunky in comparison to Gen V and VI. And Gen V's mostly just been used for the sake of moving stuff up to Bank since X&Y were released, but I still feel like they're pretty solid games and don't mind playing them.

Hegarol

Zygarde cards coming in March
The more announcements we get the more I think Z was planned for February but problems occured and it got delayed.
The anime and TCG has to go on, it can't be delayed. Also Tretta Z and Pokedex Z. It just doesn't make sense to have all this stuff without a main game to accompany.

Maybe they decided to give us RBY because Z is not ready for the birthday.

Qurupeke

If there's a Pokemon Z announcement next month, a May release is possible. March seems too soon, but I guess it's not impossible...

Chase17

SMD this week! Looking forward to the game even though I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay.

Now that I've wrapped up Yokai Watch, it's time to go back to filling out the national dex (I'm not even close to finishing it). Slowly but surely!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Zygarde cards coming in March

*Heavy breathing*

Now to wait for next month Corro Corro, assuming it will announce Pokémon Z.

Please Game Freak, it would a great Christmas present for me.

SMD this week! Looking forward to the game even though I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay.

Now that I've wrapped up Yokai Watch, it's time to go back to filling out the national dex (I'm not even close to finishing it). Slowly but surely!

I am still on the fence on getting Super Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the gameplay is rough to get into.

Refyref

I've got PSMD preloaded on my 3DS. I've been played Etrian Mystery Dungeon lately, though, so I hope PSMD isn't too dumbed down compared to that, as I will unavoidably drawing comparisons between the two.

ash_ag

Timing isn't right for March, since that is when Pokkén Tournament is scheduled for -- the same day as the Zygarde half-deck and the Alakazam set no less. A June slot similar to JP B2W2 seems more likely, in that there's currently no known Pokémon game around then (unlike February and March), and a proper transition to a likely Z era for the TCG could be accommodated (note that XY10 remains BREAK-based as far as we can tell). It would also make more sense in regards to Worlds using ORAS -- as in the BW / B2W2 situation in 2012.

Granted, I remain skeptical on the whole issue. The Zygarde half-deck may suggest the anime could be nearing a climax to its Zygarde arc around March, which would create some rather unique circumstances for a game release following that date. I suppose we'll have a more clear picture of what's going to happen by the next CoroCoro.

The thirst for Z is so goddamn real.

In other news my Mewtwo Amiibo will be here tomorrow, pretty hyped about that!
Assuming Mewtwo is in the next Smash I hope he gets Shadow Mewtwo as an alternate costume, that'd be rad as fuck.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least Arceus is safe.

"For Pokemon, you may get either a Birthday letter or a Christmas Letter from the XY cast - Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie."

No Sycamore, no sale

Is for children, unless they market for adults :p

Nightbird

Serebii Joe's new avatar here is... weird. Makes me wonder where did it come from...

There you go :p

tumblr_luvyxkpbub1r64jmlo1_500.jpg

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=185882042

aceloop

Neo Member
I still play all the games up to gen 3, and have hours on hours on them... if Pokemon yellow, red, and blue VC has PokeBank capabilities... those will have hours on hours too.

I love trading though the generations. <3

Mr-Joker

Banned
So er, I got a new phone and I downloaded Pokémon Shuffle on it... Strangely I don't feel as annoyed playing it on mobile compare when I played it on the 3DS.

I think if CoroCoro announce Pokémon Z we will have a Pokémon Direct before the magazine's launch.

I dunno, Pokémon is pretty big that they can get away in not having a direct.

Dear Ash,

What the hell is up with your team man? It's full of birds and not the sexy kinds. ¬_¬;

From Mr-Joker.

PS: You couldn't like hook me up with Cynthia?

Boss Doggie

While this week's ep will be fun because LION KING references, I somehow can't wait for next week too

XY&Z5

>When Pikachu wakes up one night, it is met with Pokémon talking the human language!? And not only that, they've also changed form! The confused Pikachu is then approached by Squishy, who can also talk now...!

>Summary:
>Satoshi and his friends decide to camp out in a forest. But when Pikachu wakes up that night, it's startled by the fact that the other Pokémon have changed their form! Also, they're talking the human language! Confused, Pikachu encounters Nyarth, who is equally confused, as the same thing has happened to his travelmates. The two are then joined by the now taking Squishy. It seems Squishy wants their help, but...?

Boss Doggie

Well the voice cast didn't change, so I guess they'd still voice the same. But then according to the blurb they'd also progress/regress in evolution.

Also wasn't there an OT about the Gameboy pokemon games? What happened to it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I watched a Diamond and Pearl episode today.

It looks so, so outdated now...and I didn't miss how much the older series used the stock-footage-on-colorful-background trope.

Boss Doggie

Wow, ninja village really looks like Konoha with serial numbers filed off

EDIT: and another scan shows up, LOOOL literally ANBU with pokemon masks

ash_ag

Going by the latest Pokémon Fan issue, it appears that Ash-Greninja is anime-exclusive. Once again, we have a pretty unique situation in our hands. The Ninja Village episodes sound promising.

I'm also a bit curious about Z-2's 10% form. It being a dog with a blue core instead seems like the obvious choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding a different 10% form under the wraps to reveal via the anime -- not unlike Mega Charizard X in Origins.

harmonize

Literally the only conclusion I can draw from Ashninja being anime-exclusive is that Greninja is for sure not getting a mega evolution next game, otherwise they would either use that design instead or Ashninja would be that design.

JoeM86

Going by the latest Pokémon Fan issue, it appears that Ash-Greninja is anime-exclusive. Once again, we have a pretty unique situation in our hands. The Ninja Village episodes sound promising.

I'm also a bit curious about Z-2's 10% form. It being a dog with a blue core instead seems like the obvious choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding a different 10% form under the wraps to reveal via the anime -- not unlike Mega Charizard X in Origins.

"Ash Greninja" may be anime exclusive, but the concept behind it probably isn't.

Besides, we shouldn't assume. Seriously. It doesn't say in Pokémon Fan that it is anime exclusive. Until it does, we should not assume.

Boss Doggie

The "Ash Greninja" makes it sound like that that form is exclusive, but not necessarily the concept yeah.

Top Bottom