• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

packy34

Our phones were on the entire time, probably 5-6 hours open time in total. There was a period where we drove probably 10kms in 45mins with the game open the entire time, it only registered about 300meters. This was the same on both operating systems.

Yeah, it's not tracking steps/distance accurately at the moment.

Red

My only two concerns after an hour or so:
- the camera can't be pulled back to a very useful distance... I haven't seen any pokestops or gym locations yet and guess I have to stumble on them by luck
- it absolutely slays battery. My 6s plus dropped 10% in 20 minutes

@invius
I think the game disables some features by design, if you are traveling over a certain speed, to discourage playing while driving

Broank

Hmmm seems to get hung up on a grey screen whenever I try to start the app. Is it because I'm on Android N?

Edit: yup doesn't work on Android N yet according to Android Police

SaviourMK2

Went on a solid 45 minute walk. Picked Squirtle as my starter and found 15 other unique species, including another Squirtle, Haunter, and Beedrill. Made it to level 5, joined the yellow team, and placed the Beedrill on it. First gym conquered in my town! Liking it so far.

#HailZapdos

Also, fought a spearow when taking my dog for a walk

13620888_10209052784732277_1210912698678856347_n.jpg

Haruko

Our phones were on the entire time, probably 5-6 hours open time in total. There was a period where we drove probably 10kms in 45mins with the game open the entire time, it only registered about 300meters. This was the same on both operating systems.

Were you driving above 25 mph for most of that time? I believe there is a speed limit where it will stop counting steps, since you aren't walking. Not 100% sure but I've heard it is 25mph

Inviusx

Were you driving above 25 mph for most of that time? I believe there is a speed limit where it will stop counting steps, since you aren't walking. Not 100% sure but I've heard it is 25mph

We would have been driving faster than that for most of that trip, I figured there would be a speed limit of some kind. That being said we did spend a lot of time in traffic and that didnt really seem to register anything.

packy34

My only two concerns after an hour or so:
- the camera can't be pulled back to a very useful distance... I haven't seen any pokestops or gym locations yet and guess I have to stumble on them by luck
- it absolutely slays battery. My 6s plus dropped 10% in 20 minutes

@invius
I think the game disables some features by design, if you are traveling over a certain speed, to discourage playing while driving

This is by design. Exploration is a key part of the game.

Red

Go |OT|ta catch 'em
This is by design. Exploration is a key part of the game.
Yeah, but an indication of which direction to travel would be useful. I passed several locations I would have expected to count as stops and found nothing worthwhile.

Aomber

Wow. I have a Nexus 6P and can barely get past the character creation, it's crashed on me 4 or 5 times already. What a disaster

Delio

So far caught an Doduo, Tauros,Pidgey, Venonat and Abra. Not bad hauls. Venonat being the little powerhouse.

I'm hanging on the Pokeball as well. Which i think is preventing me from gaining exp atm :/

Red

My game is just hanging on a pokeball with the white loading pokeball bobbing in thje corner, after i caught a ghastly :(
Are you on iOS? Froze twice on me but after forcing closed and restarting, the caught Pokemon showed up in my collection.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So guessing google account is the only to sign up and play right now? Wondering if I should wait till the server issues are sorted out to make a Pokemon Club account or just go ahead and start playing with a Google account. Well if I can even play or sign up lol.

CoryCubed

Just downloaded from the Play Store link beginning of this thread, on my Note 4, Oklahoma City, OK, USA. Was getting the incompatibility thing earlier but not now.

So guessing google account is the only to sign up and play right now? Wondering if I should wait till the server issues are sorted out to make a Pokemon Club account or just go ahead and start playing with a Google account. Well if I can even play or sign up lol.

You can go ahead and start playing with a Google Account.

Maedhros

FUCK

Used an incense... the server is getting hammered.

Will probably uninstall this, I don't like when I lose things because of shit like this...

I ran into a Gengar, but I couldn't catch it because I was under leveled.

I have had a few issues appear while fairly far out of town centre. I ran into a Krabby and Doduo, but even though I got them in the ball, it didn't go into the flashing animation. It was trying to load it, but it got stuck.

I ran into a Gengar, but I couldn't catch it because I was under leveled.

I have had a few issues appear while fairly far out of town centre. I ran into a Krabby and Doduo, but even though I got them in the ball, it didn't go into the flashing animation. It was trying to load it, but it got stuck.
Did you check to see if they were in your list of pokemons? It happened to me and I thought I lost an Evee but when I reloaded it and checked it showed I had it :)

Top Bottom