• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So it begins...

Teen Playing “Pokemon Go” Stabbed And Mugged For His IPhone; In Bad Neighborhood:
http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/

Let's see how many incidents the app can generate before the end of the month because people don't know how to use the app safely.

On my end I'm on a relatively safe side of the city but nonetheless that Pokemon Go Plus strap is looking more tempting.

wwm0nkey

_woLf

Durden77

This is fucking incredible. Me and my roomates just drove around for like an half an hour until my phone died stopping at all the Poke stops and catching Pokemon. At one point we were parked next to a lady's house at a church and she was walking her dog and asked us "Are you guys playing Pokemon Go?" bahah. Combined with my love of road trips, this game makes me want to take a huge one.

I hope this game is set up in a way that in like a few years someone is going to find Mew or some shit in an alcove in a mountain in the Swiss Alps or something.

I think this game is either going to cause gobal destruction or world peace.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So it begins...

Teen Playing “Pokemon Go” Stabbed And Mugged For His IPhone; In Bad Neighborhood:
http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/

Let's see how many incidents the app can generate before the end of the month because people don't know how to use the app safely.

On my end I'm on a relatively safe side of the city but nonetheless that Pokemon Go Plus strap is looking more tempting.

oM373FJ.png

I have a feeling these "concerned headlines" are going to annoy the crap out of me for a while

Running around my neighborhood looking for pokemon was a blast. There are no stops or gyms in my immediate area, so I had to run a bit of distance to start finding things.

I'm glad the area I live in is relatively nice. Definitely helps the experience. I went through this path that I always see, but never actually walk through. It gave off the pokemon route esque vibe lol. (gif below)

I found one gym and 2 stops in my area. 2 of the pokestops are at a park near me, and the gym is further down, right on the corner of the street my friend lives on (so he'll have quite the advantage once he starts playing... Though when he's at school, he's not there nearly as much) I had gotten to level 5 as I was walking around my neighborhood, so that's when I decided to look for the gym. I ended up catching a pretty strong Nidorino (relative to the pokemon I've been seeing), and it was perfect to set up there after I won. The battle was easy, there was a super weak Rattata holding it down and I took it out with a random cubone I had caught. I didn't even know for sure how to set up my main fighting team.

So I feel pretty good about being a gym leader right now. Apparently if I keep the spot for a certain amount of time, I start to get some benefits.

There are pokestops for days at my community college, so that's how I stocked up on so many pokeballs.

I really wonder how long this will last though. The pokemon distribution isn't all that particular. At least that what it seems like now. I had a lot of fun walking around for two hours in my area to catch them, but it seems a bit too generous, I dunno. It'll be easier to judge that after seeing where the community is at within a few weeks or so.

Oh, I had a pretty cool encounter at a local park. I was walking up to a family of 3 (mom, dad, daughter) walking around together, all looking down at their phones. I was wondering if they were playing Pokemon Go, but before I asked, the Dad said something like "Hey! You're looking down at your phone, are you playing Pokemon Go too?" and then we had this fun 5 or so minute conversation about it. They talked about how they sent pictures to their son in the Navy and he was anxious to play and yadayada and how they have a daughter in NC who's been playing it. (something like that). I also saw 2 kids at my CC playing it this morning too. One kid I talked to and said he just downloaded the apk on a website, so I assume the game wasn't out in NA still.

Anyway, fun day. As of now where I'm at with this game is I feel like there's a decent chance it won't last all that long, not in this state at least. It can really be something special with a lot of added features though. How do they not even have a friends list function yet? I usually don't care much about what my friends are achieving i most games, but it'd be interesting to see what they're catching in this.

MajorMane

If the real world were like the games, there would be no trainer battles because everyone is looking at their phones. There'd be no one who's eyes meet up.

AdanVC

Playing Pokemon Go here in Mexico is going to be a true life or death challenge. With all the violence going on here. Just this two weeks alone there has been more like 80 executions just on the city I live. Just imagine walking around with my phone showing while catching a Magikarp...Guess I'm not even going to bother on download the app then :((((((

Gonna go on a bike ride with my daughter tomorrow to the trails by my house to see if we can get a water type down by the river. I usually never have apps on my phone but this one will stay.

Permanently A

The "game" part of this game is missing lol. Gym battling is woefully poor. If only you could battle other people at gyms and stuff, that would be really interesting.

The "game" part of this game is missing lol. Gym battling is woefully poor. If only you could battle other people at gyms and stuff, that would be really interesting.

I don't know seems like just the right amount for now. They can add so much with updates. I mean it's a mobile game. Perfect for on the go.

AdanVC

It's been more than a day and Pokémon continues trending worldwide on Twitter. reading through the tag is so much fun.

I see a Gym with a Pidgeott flying over it...Did someone already claim it then? I'm only level 3 and it's taking me forever to get level 5 so I can't check it out..Ugh.

Ricitor

Okay, so after 10 Pokemon caught just sitting at home I'm going to go stretch my legs a bit and see what I can grab. Fun trick I have learnt is to just restart the app after 30 minutes and something
(Zubat)
might just pop up. Disappointed I missed than Hitmonchan but hopefully I can go find it in the wild. Any word on Eevee and how to evolve into the respective evolutions yet?

Also, the ban kind of has me worried. Has there been any credible source of information on this?

Top Bottom