• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

CmukoD4UEAEIwpZ.jpg:large

I can't.

Help, pls.

thedan001

How do you find lure modules?

Sometimes find it in pokestop but hard to find

Can buy from micro-transactions but I didn't, some other trainer did (I've seen 15 ppl playing this in the past 1 hour, not kidding)

Poke modules effet applies to everyone playing in the same pokestop

I've been trying to get on all day with no success. None what so ever.

I live in Louisiana, US. Anyone else down here with the same problem?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
From the FAQ posted earlier in this thread

http://mylifeasjoekim.tumblr.com/post/146990537154/new-pokemon-go-trainers

Each Pokemon has a CP or Combat Points which is their strength. To increase CP, tap the Pokemon you’d like to strengthen and you’ll notice a large POWER UP button with a Stardust cost and Candy Cost. If you can fill those costs, you can up your CP meter. Once your CP Meter is maxed, the CP of that Pokemon wont go any higher until your trainer level also increases!

Granted that doesn't say you might not have an even higher ceiling if you maxed out CP then evolved.

Does say like I said that the CP cap raises as you level like I said.

Reszo

I guess the egg incubator doesn't work while you're driving, guess that'd be too easy lol. Wonder how they programmed it to tell the difference, speed?

And omg I found my main pokemon at the red light lol, Abra!! Here I come Alakazam.

I've been trying to get on all day with no success. None what so ever.

I live in Louisiana, US. Anyone else down here with the same problem?

I'm not in Louisiana, but I haven't been able to get online today at all, either. I was able to get online around 6:30 - 7am, but no dice after that. Just tried again a couple minutes ago.

ViciousDS

Banned
I guess the egg incubator doesn't work while you're driving, guess that'd be too easy lol. Wonder how they programmed it to tell the difference, speed?

And omg I found my main pokemon at the red light lol, Abra!! Here I come Alakazam.

That's a lot of Abra to catch lol

Fowler

I'm in Japan right now, and I assume the map data or whatever this uses to generate pokemon and gyms and whatnot doesn't exist here. I'm in a populated city, and I was able to get a starter....and then nothing. Nothing anywhere else on the map at all.

So this is the odd thing... it DOES exist there, they just haven't "switched it on". Others have confirmed that the game uses the same location data as Niantic's other game, Ingress, which works just fine in Japan.

I have the same problem: I live in Hong Kong, where there are tons of Ingress points, but nothing in Pokemon GO.

Cerity

Went to check out the nearby gyms again, and they're all filled with high CP pidgeot's now lol. Need to get some rock or thunder types sorted.

MajorMane

See, I really hope that they get the server issues fixed or at least be a lot better. I really absolutely love this game when the servers work. Just went out for 2 hours on my birthday and fucked around, catching Pokemon and battling gyms. It's really a lot of fun when it works.

Haven't been able to login with my PTC account since around 11 EST, but started a new game with a Google account about an hour ago and it's worked flawlessly since then. Granted I just used an Incense to test it out, but I had no issues at all. I'm in FL.

Red

Checked one more time for a connection before giving up for the night. Success! Plus both a Wartortle and Bulbasaur nearby!

Went out to catch them, but as soon as I reach rustling grass the game crashes. Restart, and my nearby screen becomes this:

It's a little infuriating.

Reszo

That's a lot of Abra to catch lol

It's going to be worth it lol, all I need is Magmar and I'll have my Duo.

And I hate how the game wasn't working earlier when I was at the mall, bet there were loads of pokespots. I saw like 5 people playing -_- lol

Guess Eevee evolutions are random. Evolved one and it became Jolteon. Not complaining, after evolving it's CP was 444 huehue.

Buffed it up to 591 hehe

adamy

Banned
I use public transportation on my commute to work through LA every day. Not sure whether this is normal but I passed by probably around 100 pokecenters and saw an insane amount of Pokémon. Just started playing today and already caught over 100 Pokemon on my commute.

Ah didn't think about that.

Anyone have tips on evolution? Should I just go straight for it or should I be powering up my pokemon before evolving?
I'm saving select Pokemon to power up (right now it's my Aerodactyl), and evolving the rest for that Dex. I don't want to pretend that I know the best thing to do though!

Lucario

Me and a friend put down two lure modules each at a park in Boston, and thirty people were swarming the place within half an hour.

What the fuck

Maaaannn, this game. Real battle for the gyms around me. They keep changing hands no matter how strong the gym is.

And get this! I even waited at one of the gyms, ad some dude walking his dog stopped near it and waited for like 10 minutes doing what i think, trying to beat my gym. I left, but 20 minutes later it was defeated... On my way home though i caught this baby!

NJdjpGW.jpg

And of course hehas no fire moves....

Me and a friend put down two lure modules each at a park in Boston, and thirty people were swarming the place within half an hour.

What the fuck
Can people see if modules were used somewhere

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I wasn't paying attention in the beginning and caught Bulbasaur. Dammit. I would have much rather had Charmander.

Can I catch the other two starters in the wild pretty easily?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha, I was biking around and came across a gym that was attached to a monument at the top of a small hill, with nothing for a hundred yards around it. I walked up, wrecked those Team Instinct fools, and claimed it in the name of the glorious Team Mystic! It was awkward walking away, these was someone else walking towards the monument looking at their phone, refusing to make eye contact or acknowledge me. Anyway, either she had crap pokemon (my CP 243 Raticate was the only pokemon there) or she was also a member of team mystic. Either way, I have 6 gyms claimed, making bank on that daily bonus!
Well done.

This game makes me remember how superior gen 1 is.

No need to add anymore Pokemon to this game.
surely we must die on this funeral pyre together

Top Bottom