• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Dart

So is the eeveelution random? ...

Cmz3bL8UcAAH_3W

😱😍😍😍

Lucario

Oh sweet. I'll need to keep an eye out for these.

It's kind of ridiculous. 4x lures in one place generated too many pokemon to catch.

I used lucky eggs, and went from level 8 to 12 in an single hour. A friend who just started the game went from 2 to 7.

We all caught 100+ Pokemon. I think the best we saw were level 500p Jynx and 525p Tauros.

Rated-G

yeah, its been down pretty much all day

Which really sucked just now because my friends and I went riding around town catching stuff and I was the only one having sign in issues, so I wasn't able to do anything the whole time while they ran into
Vaporeon, Electabuzz, and Scyther.

Pau

So Eeveelution IS random. I just know it's going to take me FOREVER to get a Jolteon.

I wasn't paying attention in the beginning and caught Bulbasaur. Dammit. I would have much rather had Charmander.

Can I catch the other two starters in the wild pretty easily?
There's a Squirtle that hangs out in my bathroom but I haven't been able to catch it yet.

Stencil

I stepped out of my apartment and two Rattata appeared right as I stepped out. I went on a 10 min walk to a park nearby that had some PokeStops. Got those, saw lots of rustling grass in the park while wandering around for 10 min or so, no Pokemon. Walked back and a Rattata and Pidgey popped up in front of my apartment. Wtf. I don't want those. I want the Taurus. I want the Eevee.
Updated OP helps, but why does this game have to be so fucking cryptic. WHERE are the tutorials?! So barebones. I still have so many Qs.

• Why did no pokemon show up in transit or at the park?
• Does choosing a Pokemon from the Nearby menu change anything?
• Does the grass rustling mean nothing?
• Does the game work when my phone is locked, in my pocket, as in will it notify me of Pokemon popping up? Or do I have to have the game open as I'm walking?
• How do I sell Pokemon to Willow?

For the brief moment I got on yesterday I caught a Charmander but used so many fucking Poke Balls.

What's the trick to throwing Poke balls without wasting them?

Whenever I get back on I want to go on a catching spree without wasting Pokeballs.

esai

So I want to delete my account and start over on the red team. Noticed it said I couldn't use the same email. Can anyone confirm this cause I still want to use my Google account.

nikos

I've been holding off on playing via google login. Should I just do it? I'm wondering if stats will eventually sync to pokemon.com, which is why I want to use that login, but it doesn't look like it's going to work for a while.

ViciousDS

Banned
So Eeveelution IS random. I just know it's going to take me FOREVER to get a Jolteon.

There's a Squirtle that hangs out in my bathroom but I haven't been able to catch it yet.

How do you get Pokemon to show up so much in your guys houses lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So many people at the park today!

Got the wife to download it and we put out kiddo in the stroller and went Pokemon hunting with around 15 other people in the neighborhood.

Found out that if you see rose pedals on a pokcenter that means somebody put a Pokemon lure there.

Hachitora

Pokemon never appear while in my house, sadness. Since my AR won't work (no gyro) I can't even have the experience of finding pokemon in humorous places in my house

MajorMane

Captured a gym on my campus earlier and was just sitting down and watched at least two people walk up, stop, flick at their phones for a few minutes, and then walk off.

They didn't beat it.

Cmz7cdEWYAAwhy4.jpg

I stepped out of my apartment and two Rattata appeared right as I stepped out. I went on a 10 min walk to a park nearby that had some PokeStops. Got those, saw lots of rustling grass in the park while wandering around for 10 min or so, no Pokemon. Walked back and a Rattata and Pidgey popped up in front of my apartment. Wtf. I don't want those. I want the Taurus. I want the Eevee.
Updated OP helps, but why does this game have to be so fucking cryptic. WHERE are the tutorials?! So barebones. I still have so many Qs.

• Why did no pokemon show up in transit or at the park? It's possible the servers weren't updating. It's also not a guarantee that a Pokemon will appear in the grass even if it's rustling.
• Does choosing a Pokemon from the Nearby menu change anything? Not entirely sure, but I think it just allows you to look at that specific Pokemon.
• Does the grass rustling mean nothing? It's a chance for a Pokemon to appear. A pretty good one.
• Does the game work when my phone is locked, in my pocket, as in will it notify me of Pokemon popping up? Or do I have to have the game open as I'm walking? It does not work when you're out of the app or it's locked. If you turn on battery saving mode and flip your phone upside down vertically, then the screen will dim. But for the game to work, you have have it turned on.
• How do I sell Pokemon to Willow? Click on the Pokemon in the Pokemon menu and scroll down to Transfer. Transfering nets you 1 Candy of that Pokemon species type (Weedle will give you a Weedle candy) and is irreversible.

Did my best to answer your questions in bold.

Red

Clefairy
Jigglypuff
Cubone

These are the three Pokemon that have appeared with my last incense, and which were all lost when my game became unresponsive while trying to engage them.

I think I'm going to have to stop for now. I keep getting disappointed by these disconnects. It's more frustrating than fun.

"Gen wun rulez!!!". Hell no, all gens needa be in this game....I want my Tyrunts, Gibles, Sandiles, Panchams and hundreds of other newer Pokemons besides the old Ratattas, Pidgeys and Weedles.

As much fun as I'm having with this game, it definitely needs to add trading/battling, a friend's list of some sort and a out of app notifications in the near future. Also, can't wait to get the Pokemon Go Plus bracelet thing soon....

Drain You

So jealous of you guys playing this. I've been trying to get it working on my phone all day. Downloaded right from the play store but once I start playing my character is stuck no matter where I go.. I know blackberry privs have gps issues but before this I never noticed any problems.

Top Bottom