• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go: unprecedented retention, 2x the average ARPDAU, higher than Candy Crush

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It is a phenomenon to be certain.

I think people will burn out, since it seems like the PVP/gym part of the game will be mostly inaccessible to people that aren't willing to pump huge amounts of time and money into the game. What's the point of collecting Pokemon if you aren't fighting them?

Actually I think the collecting part is a bigger deal then you think. A big chunk of enjoyment is just going outside and exploring your surroundings to collect them.

Battling is not the main hook that's drawing people in.

He has a point though. Just because you have a fallback doesn't mean you can keep throwing things at the wall to see if it sticks and failing the venture.

That was how they got to near bankruptcy the first time.

Nintendo have never been even remotely close to bankruptcy, where did you get this from?

massoluk

Banned
A taste of what is to come, imo.

This is Ingress event, last night in Tokyo, the Pokemon Go predecessor that launched 3 years ago without a huge brand behind it.
Cne9oUXVYAEN3Up.jpg
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/754279983451770880

olimpia84

Yea, I'm not questioning that. My interest is in what the development actually cost them and if they have already made that back. It's been out a week and was projected to make 1.6 million a day on iOS. That's over 10 million already on just iOS. I'm guessing they have either already made back their money on development costs or will very, very soon.

I'm sure they already made back whatever they invested. The revenue this game is making is just insane.

I'm sure they already made back whatever they invested. The revenue this game is making is just insane.

It will be interesting to see how the next week goes with it launched in new territories.

I live in a relatively small town and went through town last night around 8:30 PM and there were hundreds of people out at a few Pokestops that were all within distance of each other. It was pretty amazing to see that many people out in a somewhat smaller town. The game is definitely in unprecedented territory.

Top Bottom