• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Moon and Sun leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about the new Mega Evolutions:

6Fu8RXz.jpg

DNAbro

What if this is going to be like Gold/Silver where it's a new region + an old one like Kalos. They could stuff Z in there.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Now that its had some time to settle in, Im thinking maybe more gen 6.5 again rather than 7.

Kalos, but with new expansive area, including the speculated Azoth kingdom. Im sure there'll be new mons too, as many have said, who would represent the covers? It'll likely be the Wolf duo that ate the sun and moon in Norse mythology, thus keeping with the Kalos theme. As long as they have great lore behind them I say go for it. I always thought they'd save Sun and Moon for a new gen (and maybe they have), but if it is the Kalos expansion, and the new area is well developed, then I'll be perfectly happy.
Actually, I dont know what to think. Haha, we've had so many hints on the future, even the titles leaked, but still no idea. Got to hand it to TPC.

Mariolee

I didn't realize seeing an anime dude with spiky blonde hair and a big sword ranks as highly as getting married or meeting your child for the first time.

Am I now not able to enjoy anything thats less than seeing my child be born? Fuck, the snarkiness is real in this thread.

Now that its had some time to settle in, Im thinking maybe more gen 6.5 again rather than 7.

Kalos, but with new expansive area, including the speculated Azoth kingdom. Im sure there'll be new mons too, as many have said, who would represent the covers? It'll likely be the Wolf duo that ate the sun and moon in Norse mythology, thus keeping with the Kalos theme. As long as they have great lore behind them I say go for it. I always thought they'd save Sun and Moon for a new gen (and maybe they have), but if it is the Kalos expansion, and the new area is well developed, then I'll be perfectly happy.
Actually, I dont know what to think. Haha, we've had so many hints on the future, even the titles leaked, but still no idea. Got to hand it to TPC.
There is no Gen 6.5. If it has new Pokémon it is Gen 7 else it is Gen 6.

Majine

Banned
How was this a good title?

The moon is a tiny celestial body 27% the size of Earth.

The sun is a fucking star, 109 times the diameter of earth.

It's not exactly two equals.

Neoxon

Considering fire emblems recent success, seems like 3ds doesn't need pokemons to drag it along. It's doing just fine.
Yet Nintendo's internal are mostly moving away from 3DS/Wii U development to the NX Platform. Fates was a late localization that Nintendo seized an opportunity with for a nice profit. But knowing Game Freak, they're probably gonna stick with the 3DS long after the rest of Nintendo moves on.

3DS/Wii U seemingly doesn't exist at all in the UK and 3DS had a dreadful holiday season in the US.

The hardware needs to be replaced ASAP.
This, basically.

MicH

I'm immediately reminded of the Japanese opening theme to the Johto anime (OK!) which mentions sun and moon repeatedly ("golden sun and silver moon"' "lady sun and lord moon")

FaintDeftone

It doesn't surprise me if they launch this on the 3DS. Black/White 2 launched towards the end of the DS's life so it has happened before.

How amazing would it be if this was a full-fledged Wii U Pokemon game? I'd flip.

Berordn

Let's say it IS gen 6. What pokemon would they use for the cover? They ain't putting Solrock and Lunatone on there, that's for sure. Are there any other applicable pokemon or formes of pokemon that would apply?

Makes me think it's a new gen.

Although Cresselia would looks pretty sweet on a cover.

Do like Mystery Dungeon and make it a group shot with whatever the legendary is going to be.

Ozium

and diamonds are worth more than pearls, what is your point?

Hard

Banned

We have a pokemon that's the equivalent of God.

Don't question it.

J@hranimo

Banned
11 pages and I'm still trying to figure out who Nerd Leaks is lol.

This all seems too real. Can't really predict if this is a new gen or not, but I'd be ok with a new generation.

Neoxon

Hoping it will be for Wii U or NX, but we all know it's just going to be for 3DS with N3DS enhancements.
As stated earlier, Game Freak prefers to keep Pokémon games on handhelds (not to mention that the Wii U is basically dead at this point). Whatever Pokémon game the NX gets will likely be targeted at the NX Handheld.

Beyond the regular obvious Sun and Moon titles, the logos have a spacey look to them. Do you think we'll finally be travelling to space in this one?
Mossdeep_City_Space_Center_E.png

Sesha

I really want there to be two areas. One tropical and one arctic. I want Pokemon based on animals from South America/Sub-Saharan Africa/South Asia/Oceania, and Siberia/Canada/Scandinavia.

But we're probably going cosmic again.

Light and dark, night and day, heat and cold. Don't read it literally. It's thematic, like most other Pokemon titles.

RopeSnake

Banned
It's unthinkable that someone was dissapointed by gen 2 back in 2000. Meanwhile XY were garbage right out of the gate.

They were not. Johto is pretty much loved by most Pokemon fans. Sinnoh usually gets the unnecessary hate and some also complain at Unova for being too big.

Johto > Unova > Kanto > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kalos imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom