• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Origins (4-part special based on Red/Blue) to be streamed starting Nov. 15

PR said:
A new animated adventure begins on November 15th!

Take a new look at a classic era of Pokémon in Pokémon Origins, coming to Pokémon TV! With its original graphical style and new perspectives on the Pokémon hero story, Pokémon Origins will be a can’t-miss experience for every Pokémon fan!

Pokémon Origins tells the story of the very first Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, including the first steps of our hero Red as he sets off from Professor Oak’s laboratory. As he explores the Kanto region, he’ll encounter the nefarious Team Rocket, battle his rival Blue, and challenge the Pokémon League.

Watch the first Pokémon Origins episode on Pokémon TV on November 15th. Then over the following days, the remaining episodes of this amazing four-part adventure will be added. Remember that you can watch all of Pokémon Origins on the go with the Pokémon TV mobile app, too. Don’t miss a minute of Pokémon Origins starting November 15th!

Pokémon TV

Past threads:
POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]
New 'Pocket Monsters: The Origin' trailer and details!

130817_g01_pic05.jpg
130817_g01_pic06.jpg

130817_g01_pic07.jpg
130817_g01_pic08.jpg

130817_g01_pic09.jpg
130817_g01_pic10.jpg

V1Ml3Kd.jpg

Keyouta

A month after the Japanese date is pretty good.

The normal XY anime series airs on October 17 in NA, Europe, and Japan, right?

I still think this is being wasted by not giving it enough time. I'd rather see it play out like an anime or a mini-series rather than 2 hours.

A month after the Japanese date is pretty good.

The normal XY anime series airs on October 17 in NA, Europe, and Japan, right?
2 day delay. Though I don't think they're going to regularly run the series until after they're finished with the Black and White series.

Conan-san

The obvious choice is to watch it constantly off the pkmn tv app and whenever it comes on tv (be it Disney XD or CN. Could see Toonami picking it up as a one off deal ala Kickheart) to make clear we want more of this sort.

Well, I know how I'm gonna be celebrating my birthday! Thanks for the nice B-Day gift, Pokemon Co.

But what the heck is Pokemon TV?

It's the video service that's hosted on Pokémon's official English websites, which they use to stream episodes of the anime for free. I think there are iOS and Android apps for it, too.
Oh, well, that's cool. I wonder if it'll air on TV at a later date.

Finally get to hear a Pokemon dub without 4Kids voices, wow. I can't imagine Prof. Oak or Brock having new voices, lol.

Mr-Joker

Banned
English version confirmed superior since Blue/Green picks a Squirtle and Red picks a Charmander

Erm Green picks Squirtle in the Japanese version as well

What did they do to Ash?!

Ash isn't in Pokémon Origin.

Yeah, why the fuck would someone named Green pick Squirtle. Japan is weird.

Because why would someone called Red pick Squirtle? The story is about Red and Charmander not Blue.

I won't lie, part of me hopes they go the extra mile and recolor Blue's shirt to be, well, blue. They won't, but it would be a nice touch.

Dishwalla

Banned
If the original Pokemon games don't come to the 3DS Virtual Console to promote this, I will eat my shirt.

The question is what method you are going to use to cook your shirt, or are you just going to eat it raw?

Personally I think steaming it would be best. I'd grill it but I'm not sure how that would work out.

Erm Green picks Squirtle in the Japanese version as well

Ash isn't in Pokémon Origin.

Because why would someone called Red pick Squirtle? The story is about Red and Charmander not Blue.
Exactly! Why would someone named Red pick a Squirtle! Red's gotta go with the red blazing Pokémon. Blue conveniently gets to pick the Blue Pokemon and also maintains the type advantage. Japan's naming scheme is all wrong!

I remember on the Sugimori art for the original with Blue and the Lass, Red picked Bulbasaur. That always bothered me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
guys translating a hour long special and a entire video game are on two compleely different levels, you guys are also ignoring the fact that x and y are releasing internationally at the same time.

ash_ag

She could be Blue's sister?

Nah, Daisy's Japanese name is Nanami -- plus she's older and looks nothing like that. :p

VNNBKcK.png

Reina could be related to the Cubone plot. There was a girl (unnamed) that adopted Cubone later, but she had purple hair and looked older, so, I'm not sure.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Even though BW2 already showed it, it's nice to see gym leaders having "set Pokemon" animated.

Top Bottom