• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Origins (4-part special based on Red/Blue) to be streamed starting Nov. 15

ramyeon

WHAT? How are people watching this? I need to see Mega Charizard X.
It's over now. I imagine it'll be all over the net very soon though.

I'm blown away. I was expecting the Y Charizard and was almost convinced that X one was fake. What a way to reveal it.

Yep. This was a great way to reveal the X version. Wonder how/if/when they'll reveal the others, especially given the time frame before release.

Can't wait to transfer my Charizard over to X.

Great miniseries. It didn't shy away from the darker elements of Pokemon, and seeing Red as a proactive Pokemon trainer was nice.

Hoping they do this for other games in the series, or make a full series out of Red's adventure.

Galang

Banned
Can't wait to watch this. I'm skeptical at how much they can fit in though. I want a good battle with Misty.

NTom64

Watched it, enjoyed it, wanted more out of it (pacing issues etc.).

The usual complaints. Otherwise I really enjoyed it and I'd love a Gold/Silver adaptation in the same vein.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Good fights are the Brock fight, Giovanni fight, and Mewtwo fight.

E4 "fight" and Champion fight was underwhelming.

Stuart444

how long is the whole episode?
is there going to be more episodes?

It was technically 4 separate episodes of about 22 minutes each (that's without adverts of course).

No, this was the whole series, right up until
Red catches all 150 Pokemon.

Unless they decide to do a proper series based on the games or do another anime like this for Gold/Silver that is.

After all these years, we finally got an anime version of the Rocket hideout theme. I just wished they hadn't glossed over certain stuff.

sn00zer

Kinda confirms why they decided to go in a different direction for the original anime....the new one, while amazing, is way too dark to have ever been the face of the series

I just finished watching. It was pretty awesome, although it could have used a little less exposition (mainly the first half of episode 2). Aside from that my only complaint is that there's no a full series like this.

TheHater

Red earn 8 Gym Badges, became the League Champion, captured 150 Pokemons, and destroyed Team Rocket in 2 hours.
Ash on the other hand have yet to be a League Champion (excluding the crappy orange league), captured even 150 pokemons, and Team Rocket is still kicking strong in 803 episodes so far.

Yeah Red destroyed that wanna be Pokemon Master.

Top Bottom