• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Just out of curiosity, how often have imperfect HP iv's lost you a match? I mean i'm not talking about 1-2 but like the teens.I only ask because I finally hatched a shiny Machop and his stats are 16/31/31/31/31/31. I figure I could get away with it considering everything else is perfect but just wanting to grab a few opinions.

MegaMelon

Just out of curiosity, how often have imperfect HP iv's lost you a match? I mean i'm not talking about 1-2 but like the teens.I only ask because I finally hatched a shiny Machop and his stats are 16/31/31/31/31/31. I figure I could get away with it considering everything else is perfect but just wanting to grab a few opinions.

The vast majority of the time, it doesn't matter. Especially if playing at lvel 50. This gen a lot of people have been misled into thinking that it's 5/6IVs at 31 or bust when that's far from the truth. Honestly, only speed is essential, the rest not being perfect don' have that much of an impact unless they're all like 0 or something.

The vast majority of the time, it doesn't matter. Especially if playing at lvel 50. This gen a lot of people have been misled into thinking that it's 5/6IVs at 31 or bust when that's far from the truth. Honestly, only speed is essential, the rest not being perfect don' have that much of an impact unless they're all like 0 or something.

That's what I thought. I mean what's gonna kill it will kill it no matter the stats right?

Azuran

Banned
That's what I thought. I mean what's gonna kill it will kill it no matter the stats right?

Yeah, I would rock that Machop without a doubt. You manage to get both Attack and Speed which is what matters the most. You could go 252 HP if you're worried about that, but eh, it's not like it's going to make much of a difference. All you have to do is make sure to defeat others before they hit you :p

Speaking of which do any of you guys battle?

From time to time.

Imperfect 5IV Dreamball HA Poke (Female):
Munna
Riolu
Togepi

GTS Legendaries:
Articuno (JPN)
Zapdos
Moltres
Vrizion
Xerneas (JPN)

Items:
Shiny Stones x3 (With HA 5IV Pokeball Togepi)
Sun Stone x2
Rocky Helmet
Mewtonite Y
Aggronite

Speaking of which do any of you guys battle?
Yeah I battle often. I use to do singles mostly but now I'm more on doubles.
Anybody got a hidden ability venonat? I got some hidden ability scraggys.
I can breed one if you still need it.

Imperfect 5IV Dreamball HA Pokes:
Munna
Riolu

GTS Legendaries:
Articuno (JPN)
Zapdos
Moltres
Vrizion
Xerneas (JPN)

Items:
Shiny Stones x3 (With HA 5IV Pokeball Togepi)
Sun Stone x2
Rocky Helmet
Mewtonite Y
Aggronite
Can I get Xerneas and the Mewtwonite?

Velcro Fly

Most clutch moment of my life.

I haven't played my Y file in about a month. I turn it on today and go into some yellow flowers. First thing I see? Shiny Snubbull. I have a beast of a Scizor as my lead so I know I need to switch. I look at my team and realize I have no status moves. I decide to put in Frogadier since my starter is always reliable.

Turn 1 it uses Charm.
I Quick Attack with Frogadier for not much.

I decide after that to use Water Pulse to move things along. It does decent damaging, knocking it into the yellow. BUT WAIT. It confuses it! And it hurts itself in confusion and has a sliver of HP left. I mean if this thing has more than 2-3 HP I'd be shocked.

I had one chance to catch it for sure. I threw a great ball and
I CAUGHT IT

So pumped! First Kalos shiny!

Recompose

Neo Member

With shininess, I'd say that's a keeper. Like a previous poster said, it probably won't make too huge of a difference unless you run into a situation in which you would have otherwise survived an attack with 15 more HP. With the power creep that exists while playing at level 50, I don't think you'll find yourself faced with that often.

I faced a similar predicament when I hatched a 31/16(I think?)/31/x/31/31 shiny Mawile. I wanted to use it, but I ended up leaving it in my box to rot. It just didn't sit well with me to use a Mawile, whose largest appeal is its absolutely massive attack stat, with an attack IV that is anything but perfect. Had the 16 been in any other stat, I would have totally kept it.

CassSept

They'll probably be faster after the first time, remember that the regular mega evolution animation is longer too and you can just skip through it.

It took me all of the last few months but I've finally completed my living pokedex and butterfly collection! I'd like to thank the asshole who traded me a Shaymin Egg early in my journey for giving me the motivation to go through with all of this.

Playing ORAS is going to be weird without worrying about trying to catch em all.

It took me all of the last few months but I've finally completed my living pokedex and butterfly collection! I'd like to thank the asshole who traded me a Shaymin Egg early in my journey for giving me the motivation to go through with all of this.

Playing ORAS is going to be weird without worrying about trying to catch em all.

You can be crazy and be like me and get an ORAS bred/caught livingdex. Basically anything that can be born/caught in ORAS is born/caught. I've gotten the kalos one already so if the pentagon business is different I'll be making another livingdex.

JoeM86

Does anyone know if we can transfer items from XY to ORAS?

You'll be able to trade over as you can from X to Y, but not via Pokémon Bank.

What people seem to have forgotten is that games in the same generation always have interconnectivity, and this will be no different. Seen this question a lot really.

You'll be able to trade over as you can from X to Y, but not via Pokémon Bank.

What people seem to have forgotten is that games in the same generation always have interconnectivity, and this will be no different. Seen this question a lot really.

I'd be getting ready to hear a whole lot of people bitching about not being able to transfer items with Pokemon Bank >_>

Nobody realizes that Bank's purpose first and foremost is to serve as a generational transfer method from here on out, and hence, no items.

JoeM86

I'd be getting ready to hear a whole lot of people bitching about not being able to transfer items with Pokemon Bank >_>

Nobody realizes that Bank's purpose first and foremost is to serve as a generational transfer method from here on out, and hence, no items.

People complain about everything.

Every time I post a bit of event or release news, I get swamped with complaints that I didn't post about their country.

Muku

People complain about everything.

Every time I post a bit of event or release news, I get swamped with complaints that I didn't post about their country.

Every time I see something go up on Facebook, I kind of hold my breath as I read comments on stuff. The hate is brutal.

JoeM86

Every time I see something go up on Facebook, I kind of hold my breath as I read comments on stuff. The hate is brutal.

It's really starting to sicken me, the racism that has been growing due to it is ridiculous.

With the PokéBall Pattern Vivillon earlier this year, it was like this

Japanese players: Wow, France is so lucky. I hope I can find someone who got it to trade with.
Many American players: <Edited out so that I don't get banned>

Gets worse when it's a Japanese event, even for something ridiculous that isn't special like the Tretta Rotom.

Muku

It's really starting to sicken me, the racism that has been growing due to it is ridiculous.

With the PokéBall Pattern Vivillon earlier this year, it was like this

Japanese players: Wow, France is so lucky. I hope I can find someone who got it to trade with.
Many American players: <Edited out so that I don't get banned>

Gets worse when it's a Japanese event, even for something ridiculous that isn't special like the Tretta Rotom.

While I shouldn't be surprised.... they're having meltdowns over the Tretta Rotom? LOL oh my. Even if they had the exact same set up as it will be here, would they even want to feed a machine to get it? :/

I wish Snorlax got Self-Destruct as an egg move along with Muchlax. Checking one egg at a time for a decent nature and perfect IV allocation is a pain.

I'm new to this thread, so I hope this doesn't seem a little over barring. But I've raised six perfect IV Pokemon and I've been doing just terrible online. Maybe it's being limited to three of them, but I'm not too eager to believe that over my lack of skill. I have..

Blaziken with mega stone (Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Bulk Up, Flare Blitz)
Eelektross(Crunch, Acid Spray, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam)
Flygon (Fly, Dig, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw)
Crobat (Toxic, Acrobatics, Bite, *idk what to make his fourth move)
Metagross (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Agility)
Poliwrath (Rain Dance, Hypnosis, Surf, Power-Up Punch)

I guess I'm really just asking what moves to replace
wtzgU.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm new to this thread, so I hope this doesn't seem a little over barring. But I've raised six perfect IV Pokemon and I've been doing just terrible online. Maybe it's being limited to three of them, but I'm not too eager to believe that over my lack of skill. I have..

wtzgU.gif

Poliwrath shouldn't have any special moves, replace surf with waterfall. Maybe throw earthquake on Poliwrath instead of rain dance as well, for coverage. Give Flygon earthquake instead of dig. Replace Blaziken's bulk up with protect, that way you can get a free speed boost.

What it looks like you need is a strategy with what you've got as well.

Poliwrath shouldn't have any special moves, replace surf with waterfall. Maybe throw earthquake on Poliwrath instead of rain dance as well, for coverage. Give Flygon earthquake instead of dig. Replace Blaziken's bulk up with protect, that way you can get a free speed boost.

What it looks like you need is a strategy with what you've got as well.

Thanks, I'll be sure to invest some time into a working strategy

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks, I'll be sure to invest some time into a working strategy

It doesn't even need to be complicated. Something fast that hits hard right out of the gate to blow a hole in your opponent's team, a sweeper at the end to clean up what's left and something in the middle to cover their weaknesses.

wtzgU.gif

Poliwrath's the only member of the team without great stats and movepool, so you should be able to do fairly well with a team like this. The other thing to take into mind besides IVs is your EV setup; I used to really go for natures and EVs that pour everything into Atk/SpAtk and Speed, and once I started investing into HP and defensive stats on Pokemon with a bit of bulk, it started making a huge difference.

Top Bottom