• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Velcro Fly

fucking route 13. this shit is unreal how frustrating it is for no reason. i just want to proceed with the game and i can't because of stupid fucking sandstorm and unavoidable random encounters

Blaziken with mega stone (Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Bulk Up, Flare Blitz)
Eelektross(Crunch, Acid Spray, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam)
Flygon (Fly, Dig, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw)
Crobat (Toxic, Acrobatics, Bite, *idk what to make his fourth move)
Metagross (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Agility)
Poliwrath (Rain Dance, Hypnosis, Surf, Power-Up Punch)

I guess I'm really just asking what moves to replace
wtzgU.gif

If you're using your team for 1v1, you'd like to go with as much coverage as possible. Since your crobat has toxic, you can also give it protect to draw out toxic damage for as long as possible.

I use a Blaziken with Earthquake, Flare Blitz, Sky Uppercut and Shadow Claw, myself. Shadow Claw gives me some form of coverage against ghost/psychic types while Earthquake covers against other fire types. However, I run an Adamant Blaziken with a Choice Band since I use him in doubles/triples and pairs nicely with my other teammates under sunny weather. Should you decide to run Earthquake, be wary of your opponent trying to switch out of earthquake.

I second B-Dubs recommendation on switching Bulk Up for Protect, and Surf for Waterfall. Rain Dance doesn't seem like a move that will help your team much and may possibly dampen your team if you have the rain set up and are left with blaziken as your remaining pokemon. Since you're using Hypnosis, try looking into Wake-Up Slap as it does double damage when the opponent is asleep.

I wouldn't recommend Hypnosis at all with its terrible accuracy.
Replace either meteor Mash or Bullet Punch with Hammer Arm.
Crobat learns Cross Poison to help against fairies.
Replace Charge beam with flamethrower.
Absolutely remove Fly, it'll only make you vulnerable and with little payoff.
And as already said, find a general strategy to work with.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wouldn't recommend Hypnosis at all with its terrible accuracy.
Replace either meteor Mash or Bullet Punch with Hammer Arm.
Crobat learns Cross Poison to help against fairies.
Replace Charge beam with flamethrower.
Absolutely remove Fly, it'll only make you vulnerable and with little payoff.
And as already said, find a general strategy to work with.

I don't get replacing Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch with Hammer Arm, especially with Agility still on the moveset. Seems like trading sweeping ability for coverage, which it really doesn't need. If anything Zen Headbutt should be swapped out for Earthquake.

JoeM86

Two new Battle Competitions

Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match - (Ties in with this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901853)
Q6bNHeu.png

Region: Japan
Registration Period: October 2nd- October 10th 2014
Battle Period: October 10th - October 14th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Hoenn Pokémon only (#252 - #381)
Banned Pokémon: Pokémon from #001-251, #382-#719
Entry Prize: 2525 PokéMiles

This tournament is a Double Battle competition that requires you to use Pokémon that are numbered in the National Pokédex between 252 and 384, but not allowing Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza. Pokémon are lowered to Level 25 for the duration.

Halloween Party
b1fGihU.png

Region: International
Registration Period: October 16th - October 23rd 2014
Battle Period: October 24th - October 26th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Ghost-type Pokémon only, Must have Gourgeist
Banned Pokémon: Non-Ghost-type Pokémon, Rotom, Giratina, Transferred Pokémon
Entry Prize: 5 Rare Candies

This tournament is a Single Battle competition that requires you to use Ghost-type Pokémon in the National Pokédex, excluding Rotom and Giratina. However, you also are required to use a Super Size Goureist. You cannot use transferred Pokémon. Pokémon are lowered to Level 50 for this competition

Muku

These contests have... awful prizes. I find PokeMiles to be a complete waste. And 5 rare candies? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I stopped using that back in R/B/Y days. I imagine folks don't join for the prizes, but there's not really much motivation other than for your own fun I guess. I just don't know why the offer prizes at all though.

Firestorm

These contests have... awful prizes. I find PokeMiles to be a complete waste. And 5 rare candies? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I stopped using that back in R/B/Y days. I imagine folks don't join for the prizes, but there's not really much motivation other than for your own fun I guess. I just don't know why the offer prizes at all though.

2525 PokeMiles is like 5 PP Ups I think which would be pretty sweet.

Muku

2525 PokeMiles is like 5 PP Ups I think which would be pretty sweet.

I don't play the mini game or have any interest in it on the website, so maybe that's why I don't care for Miles. Tend to go BP for at least held items and all. Plus I have so many from trading, I can't imagine someone needing it so much unless they just raise a boatload of Pokemon at once.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well that makes some sense then. Speaking of sense, if every ghost team brings Sableye who are you suppose to use to kill the damn thing?

Throw a fairy move on Gengar I suppose. Since it hits for double damage and Gengar's spatk stat is so big it may just get the one shot.

Faenix1

Alright, so for once I want to have a "Living Pokedex" but I'm having issues attaining some of the Pokemon (In a few cases, again). I'm curious, does anyone have any spares of the following:

-Mismagius
-Honchkrow
-Rhyperior
-Electivire
-Magmortar
-Togekiss
-Gliscor
-Porygon-z
-Gallade
-Dusknoir
-Froslass

-Florges
-Aegislash
-Aromatisse
-Slurpuff
-Heliolisk
-Tryantrum
-Aurorus
-Goodra
-Gourgeist

I don't have anything "good", but I got a bunch of the "Poke Transporter" and "Friend Safari only" Pokemon I can breed to trade. I figure it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask, been flooding the GTS wit Luxios' and Nuzleafs for the past 2 weeks scratching 'hard' to attain Pokemon off my list lol

(Not even looked at Gen 5 Pokemon yet, I know I still lack quite a few there.. :|)

You still got the Petilil? What do you want for it?

lupinko

I picked up a cart Pokemon X while I'm here at home visiting.

So I have like 5 copies of XY now, I'll get a used Japanese cart Y when I get back.

So 4 carts, NA XY, JP XY, 2 Eshop, NA X, JP Y.

I'll do this for ORAS too.

tauroxd

I picked up a cart Pokemon X while I'm here at home visiting.

So I have like 5 copies of XY now, I'll get a used Japanese cart Y when I get back.

So 4 carts, NA XY, JP XY, 2 Eshop, NA X, JP Y.

I'll do this for ORAS too.

Because of people like you Nintendo will never stop making Pokémon games!

And thanks! Because I like Pokémon and even though RS were my first serious Pokémon game I'm going to download OR or AS (don't know wich one yet) on midnight! It doesn't matter that I already played a lot the original!

lupinko

Because of people like you Nintendo will never stop making Pokémon games!

And thanks! Because I like Pokémon and even though RS were my first serious Pokémon game I'm going to download OR or AS (don't know wich one yet) on midnight! It doesn't matter that I already played a lot the original!

Actually you get multiple games to farm events easier, and for the metagame, competitive or for breeding, you will need at least 2 copies of the game and 2 consoles.

I actually have access to events in Japan, and I like collecting the games too. Having multiple games is not unheard of for this series.

tauroxd

Actually you get multiple games to farm events easier, and for the metagame, competitive or for breeding, you will need at least 2 copies of the game and 2 consoles.

I actually have access to events in Japan, and I like collecting the games too. Having multiple games is not unheard of for this series.

I'd say it's the common denominator. I've not done that because I usally just have one console (one GBA, one NDSLite, one 3DS) and it would not make much sense to have just the two versions of the game.

Faenix1

I hope in the future the GTS has some kind of translator. I see no reason why I should get stuck with Japanese named Pokemon. They just look out of place with my others.

Yes and I would love a PM with your friend code once your online for it

Also everyone updated the list and everything but the Aerodactyl and Riolu are 5IV plus the GTS obtained legendaries are also up for grabs

Alright cool. Been looking for one and have yet to find one. Not sure when you'll be around but I'll be on in an hour-ish

My new Pokemon VGC team is Daisy the Pinsir, Yoshi the Aurorus, Peach the Gardevoir, Luigi the female Garchomp, Wario the Ferrothorn, and Bowser the Talonflame.

Am I doing it right?

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some clarification on Aegislash's ability.

His ability allows for his defenses and attack stats to switch around depending on the move he uses.

If I have 252 EVs on each defense stat, will it stay in the defense stat when switching to blade form? or will the EVs move around because of the ability?

His defenses and attack stats don't actually switch around. Instead, he switches from having 150/50/150/50 to 50/150/50/150 base stats. EVs, IVs, etc. are then used to recalculate its stats.

So no, the EVs don't move around.

TomShoe

Banned
Does anyone have Chansey with a Lucky Egg?

I'm seriously having trouble leveling up my Zweilous so I can breed an Outrage Garchomp.

Muku

At Victory Road in FR. And now I just remember how awful Victory Road was back then. I tend not to bring items with me in a cave, I just power through as long as I can, head out and heal, then go back in. But PC is a while away, and have to run by all the gates just to get back to cave. But the worst part is having to bring along an HM slave just to move boulders on the inside. Poor Primeape is going to be so severely underleveled when I get done with this place. Actually he already is a bit. Because instead of Gym trainers having Pokemon relating to the type, most seem to have the same stuff Team Rocket has, stupid poison Pokemon so like two of my Pokemon get super high while rest languish in obscurity for most of the game.

lupinko

At Victory Road in FR. And now I just remember how awful Victory Road was back then. I tend not to bring items with me in a cave, I just power through as long as I can, head out and heal, then go back in. But PC is a while away, and have to run by all the gates just to get back to cave. But the worst part is having to bring along an HM slave just to move boulders on the inside. Poor Primeape is going to be so severely underleveled when I get done with this place. Actually he already is a bit. Because instead of Gym trainers having Pokemon relating to the type, most seem to have the same stuff Team Rocket has, stupid poison Pokemon so like two of my Pokemon get super high while rest languish in obscurity for most of the game.

Since you're almost done, did you want to use the TID/SID combo I got you before, or did you want to use the 3 31iv Adamant spread or the one 4 31iv 1 30iv adamant spread, the 3 has a 31 spe whereas the 4 has a 3 spe. Iirc the latter spread is more limited for Regice and the times are a lot later, I'd need to check the spreadsheet I made.

Stoof

I recently started making competitive Pokemon and holy crap I never realized how good Skarmory was. I haven't even had a chance to try out my Breloom because he's just tanking the Pokemon I go against.

Stoof

I feel like a bastard stalling these matches out with Skarmory and Breloom. Still trying to figure out more Pokemon to go with them and I'm liking Volcarona but he gets absolutely destroyed by anyone who decides to set up Stealth Rocks. :(

Muku

What else did you expect considering Skarmory is the poke cousin of Sky Lynx.

http://youtu.be/ArlzTAnMLBs

Yesssssss. So good. Funny enough been going back recently and watching the old series.

Since you're almost done, did you want to use the TID/SID combo I got you before, or did you want to use the 3 31iv Adamant spread or the one 4 31iv 1 30iv adamant spread, the 3 has a 31 spe whereas the 4 has a 3 spe. Iirc the latter spread is more limited for Regice and the times are a lot later, I'd need to check the spreadsheet I made.

Getting there, though isn't there a bit more after E4 in this? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I plan on getting the legendaries in this go through .. just cause. I'm probably going to go with the one you gave me. Trying to get through this game so I can breed a team to transfer to Ruby so I can stop having such a sucky team over there. Not breeding for IVs but will breed for Nature I want on the Pokemon before tossing over to Ruby.

I guess the original ones you gave me work fine for fact I'm not overly picky. Getting to replace I'm sure the hacked ones in my Pokebank with ones I've gotten will be fantastic in and of itself. Still pondering on Emerald and Sapphire, but probably won't bother thinking about it much 'til I can finish Ruby.

lupinko

Yesssssss. So good. Funny enough been going back recently and watching the old series.

Getting there, though isn't there a bit more after E4 in this? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I plan on getting the legendaries in this go through .. just cause. I'm probably going to go with the one you gave me. Trying to get through this game so I can breed a team to transfer to Ruby so I can stop having such a sucky team over there. Not breeding for IVs but will breed for Nature I want on the Pokemon before tossing over to Ruby.

I guess the original ones you gave me work fine for fact I'm not overly picky. Getting to replace I'm sure the hacked ones in my Pokebank with ones I've gotten will be fantastic in and of itself. Still pondering on Emerald and Sapphire, but probably won't bother thinking about it much 'til I can finish Ruby.

I forget if giving Bill the RS stones is before or after the E4, because that unlocks the trading with RS and automatically gives RS the national dex when the games trade with frlg, yes even on a fresh save.

If you change your mind, the 3 perfect adamant spread I found can give you these shiny spreads.

Rayquaza Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Groudon Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Regice Quiet 16 5 14 24 7 3 Grass 57
Regice Calm 19 17 0 8 7 26 Fire 56
Regirock Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Registeel Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Latias* Timid 26 5 5 23 31 14 Psychic 66
Latios** Timid 26 5 5 23 31 14 Psychic 66
Latios** Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59

**Latios will have garbage IVs due to RSFRLG glitch regardless. Also roaming Lati@s is a bit more annoying to RNG because it starts when you watch the tv, then you find it to check, so basically you have to save at the tv part and start from there over and over. Lol :/
*you said you have the card reader/eon ticket at home, and eon Lati@s is not affected by the glitch.

Also I just realized, while you would use a Masterball for the purpose of seeing the IVs to check the frames easily, once you encounter the shiny, you can catch it in a Pokeball to continue your collection of Pokeball pokes!

Muku

Oh, is the Eon Ticket Lati@s not affected? Awesome! Will definitely be glad to get back to that then, assuming I can find my ticket when I get back to it.

lupinko

Oh, is the Eon Ticket Lati@s not affected? Awesome! Will definitely be glad to get back to that then, assuming I can find my ticket when I get back to it.

Yeah they're not roamers so they are not affected by the bug, and whoops I mixed them up, but you knew anyway, and I fixed the post now.

I didn't know Jolteon got bumped down so badly this gen. It's always been limited in its moveset, but it's weird seeing it dropping down so much.

I guess it's mostly because Mega Manectric does Jolteon's old job, only better? (Slightly faster, better SpAtk, deeper movepool). And then Smogon, what, limited teams to one baton passer, right? Which is another knock off something Jolteon could do.

Otherwise, there's also increased competition from other electric-types in the next tier down I guess. Ampharos's Mega gave it a big viability boost and ditto for Galvantula being the most viable Pokemon to get Sticky Web.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I read that you can get a free celebi for using the poke transporter, but only just found out it is a paid subscription. Does anyone know will a subscription be required to transfer from Pokemon x/y to ORAS?

Is Celebi a rare enough pokemon that it would be worth subscribing now?

I read that you can get a free celebi for using the poke transporter, but only just found out it is a paid subscription. Does anyone know will a subscription be required to transfer from Pokemon x/y to ORAS?

Is Celebi a rare enough pokemon that it would be worth subscribing now?

I thought you could get the Celebi by just using the trial for Pokemon Bank? (Or has the period where they're offering a trial ended and the Celebi event still going?)

You don't need Pokemon Bank to transfer from XY to ORAS*. Bank/Transporter is only needed to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 (B/W and B/W2) games to XY or ORAS (and will then be used to send XY and ORAS Pokemon to new games afterward).

(*Bank, however, is a way you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from XY to ORAS by yourself with only one 3DS. Though the restriction is you can't transfer items with it).

L.O.R.D

I thought you could get the Celebi by just using the trial for Pokemon Bank? (Or has the period where they're offering a trial ended and the Celebi event still going?)

You don't need Pokemon Bank to transfer from XY to ORAS*. Bank/Transporter is only needed to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 (B/W and B/W2) games to XY or ORAS (and will then be used to send XY and ORAS Pokemon to new games afterward).

(*Bank, however, is a way you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from XY to ORAS by yourself with only one 3DS. Though the restriction is you can't transfer items with it).

the celebi offer is over now
so, if you are not interested in the bank , don't waste your money

Hyunashi

So I began my long journey to breeding a shiny Honedge and after my first box I have a spare 6IV one to give away (non-shiny ofc) to whoever wants it:

Honedge Male lvl 1, 6IV, Pokeball: Luxury, Moves: Swords Dance, Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak and Wide Guard and Nature: Quiet.

Top Bottom