• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon 151 - Japanese T-shirts for the adult fan

neight

Banned
I avoided clicking on this thread for the longest time because just by reading the title I thought it was stupid but I have to admit those do look cool.

Mdk7

neight said:
I avoided clicking on this thread for the longest time because just by reading the title I thought it was stupid but I have to admit those do look cool.
This.
And i can't stand Pokémon for sure, but the Articuno one would kinda be my style.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
'adult pokemon fan' has the same forlorn ring as 'adult illiteracy' or 'adult incontinence'

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I would buy all four of these. I don't even like Hypno that much (and didn't think much of the close-up shot of the design for it) but seeing the full t-shirt it looks really cool.

We need some jGAFfers to export these to us!

Edit: Shut up drohne.

cvxfreak

If people want these t-shirts that badly, I could help out.

I'll take no-obligation (that goes for seller + buyer) requests for the next week. However, given past experiences of others doing requests for things such as the Super Famicom Wii pads, I'll only buy and send after receiving payment via PayPal only. I still don't even know how much these shirts cost, but if anyone's interested just send me a PM with the following:

Design:
Quantity:
Size:
E-mail:

All shipping MUST be done with EMS, and I only ship to the U.S., Canada, Japan (...this shouldn't be necessary), Australia, NZ and Western Europe. I'd also appreciate a little extra payment to offset transportation + PayPal + shipping material fees (it'll cost me around ~$5USD to make the round trip to the store and at least 1.5 hours of time). How much extra I'll ask for depends on the amount of requests, naturally.

It should be 251 :(

Houndour/Houndoom, plz :(

I do love the original 151, though :D They're the best...along with Johto's Pokemon...:D

The Hypno one is pretty badass.

I'm liking how some companies are moving towards a more mature, better looking style of shirts like the uniqlo MGS4 shirts and these Pokemon ones. Much better then the "HERE'S A LOGO" shirts that are so boring.

How many Pokemon were there, originally? I completely forgot.

Was it 108?

Man, it's been awhile since I ever cared about Pokemon. I only got into the first season of the show, and the first two GameBoy games.

Tenks

I certainly hope those are XL / 2XL shirts on the racks there else those are cut for amazingly fat people

CassSept

U K Narayan said:
What.

No. Like, when the cartoon first aired. What was it originally?

Damn beaten. Anyway, contrary to popular belief, cartoon (or anime, whatever you want to call it) is based on games, not the other way around

Darkpen

Banned
Pokemon videogame and anime release timeline misconception? In my GAF? Its more likely than you think.

But I do think that the Hypno and Articuno ones are awesome.

VaLiancY

There are only 151 Pokemon. That's how Dad remembered it, that's how Mom remembered it, that's how the bullies who took my holographic cards in 5th grade did also.:lol

Rpgmonkey

I would wear the Articuno one.

Still Pokemon, but it looks like some other shirt with a design at the same time.

Blackace said:
Almost looks like a Southpole shirt (minus the Pokemon)

Wow, they really do. :eek:

drohne said:
'adult pokemon fan' has the same forlorn ring as 'adult illiteracy' or 'adult incontinence'

Or you know, young adults who played it when they were in 5th grade. Goddamn failures at life.

:lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wow, very nice!

Needs more Sandshrew and...........

farfetchd.gif

83.png

The baddest mofo of the 151.

CTLance

Hey, that looks pretty neat. Stealth-nerddom of the best kind.

I'd go with the Articuno/or and Cubone shirts. That Hypno shirt is reeeeaaally creepy though.

Top Bottom