• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO player robbed during live stream

My friend (female, two kids, around age of 30) got assaulted by 5 kids. All whom asked for the phone and purse while she was playing Pokémon late at night on a Friday.

She refused, and they tackled, punched and kicked her in the stomach and on her face, eventually managing to get the phone (she held it to her life). One person held a knife to her throat while two others were holding her hands.

To this day (it's been 2 weeks btw), I'm still asking her how she's feeling. She doesn't seem to be recovering from it, mentally. It's terrible.

No material possession is worth your life.

I was not prepared for how fast that escalated.
Not sure what else I expected from a robbery but dam...
They'll surely throw a huge Pokeball and catch that dirtbag.

ref

Please catch this guy.

The phone stealing isn't what gets me, it's the assault and then standing over a guy ripping his stuff from him while he pleads for you to have mercy.

Then the immediate factory reset....blatantly done this before.

I'm pissed.

This needs to be the last person he does this to.

Yeah, that bothers me a lot, knowing he's probably done stuff like this before to other victims and gotten away with it.

They will find this guy though, face was shown in the video.

Foxxsoxx

God I really hope they catch that idiot, luckily his face was caught on camera. Not the smartest mugger in the world. Glad the streamer is alright, all things considered.

Krammy

Really scary situation to be in, and makes me thankful I live in a place where I can walk around freely at night without fear.

Let's hope this helps solve the case considering the police has a clean image of the criminal. If this reaches mainstream newspapers, the guy would be caught very quickly.

While I'm sure they'll eventually catch the criminal, it's hard to have a lot of faith in the system after reading so many horror stories and an earlier tweet like this. For what it's worth though (and I'm hoping it's the case), the tweet may have come from before he was able to show officers the video evidence.

Djostikk

I was mugged a few years ago when my wife was with me. We gave all our stuff without issue and did exactly what he said and it was over. It's completely terrifying and you feel helpless but I'll never value possessions or needless bravery over our safety. I didn't carry then and I still don't but there really aren't any 'options' in that situation.

Damn, can't imagine myself there, I don't know how I would react. Good luck to you and your family, though.

Kyzon

Best wishes for that streamer :( a real shame these things happen. Hope he can make a full recovery.

I actually just got back in the house from Pokemon hunting myself, ironically. (4:50am)

faridmon

Damn, that was terrifying and painful to watch. Hope the guy gets what he deserve and I feel sorry for the streamer to have gone through that experience.

A friend of mine got mugged once and it affected him psychological. I was belittling that, but now I can appreciate what he have gone through.

One thing I kept disagreeing with my friend is that, he keep saying that he could have defended himself and I keep telling him nothing is worth your own life.

Top Bottom