• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Gosh, I was ignoring this until I came into this thread, now I'm pretty hyped. Even though I bought that Pokemon GBC that came with Yellow, I was too burned out on Pokemon by then to even boot it up, so I'll go with that. Pretty ridiculous that the 3DS GB emulator can't even do SP palettes. Come on, Nintendo.

I'd still like to find out who stole my original skeleton Game Boy and my red with all 150 from my locker in 8th grade. Son of a bitch.

Holy shit. Gary just stole my starter. What a dick.

latest

Heropon

I'm naming my pokémon this time after vehicles thanks to Wikipedia's random page. What's a good choice for Pikachu?

I really want to get Yellow since its the superior version but I think I want to get Blue since that was the one I got back in the day. I wish I could just remember what starter I picked.

Firemind

I need that full nostalgia, and Red is the only way to do it. I'll get Yellow later (probably in a few days...)
It's actually pretty much the same sans an Eevee being stolen right in front of my eyes and a dorky Pikachu who can't evolve following me around.

Oh and colour! My god it's beautiful.

My first encounter in Mt. Moon was a Clefairy, haha. Caught it too.

I'm going to get my dex count up a bit because I will probably need Flash to get through Rock Tunnel, I don't think I remember how to do it blindly.

Plasmid

So if I want to trade to complete my pokedex how would I go about doing that? My wife has a 3DS, should I buy one of the versions on that so I can trade? You can't trade between two games with one system as far as I know.

Also is this game going up for the USA @12:01 ET?

Robin64

So if I want to trade to complete my pokedex how would I go about doing that? My wife has a 3DS, should I buy one of the versions on that so I can trade? You can't trade between two games with one system as far as I know.

Also is this game going up for the USA @12:01 ET?

You'd need Blue and she'd need Red (or vice versa), and you're good to go.

You'll need to reset a few times and hold on to Pokemon in each others game, though, to get all the starters and Eevee forms.

Plasmid

You'd need Blue and she'd need Red (or vice versa), and you're good to go.

You'll need to reset a few times and hold on to Pokemon in each others game, though, to get all the starters and Eevee forms.

No problem. I'm buying all 3, Yellow and Red for me and blue for her. I can do resets etc no problem. Thanks!

FSLink

Banned
Cheers guys. I'll look up a guide so I don't miss them.

Hope it's up on the Aussie store when I get home

There's also a trick to raise Pikachu's happiness to max immediately.

Have Pikachu at full health, then try to give it a potion multiple times. It won't heal and won't use the potion obviously, but it'd still give it happiness points. Just keep repeating until you get it to max.

Nairume

Banned
How the hell do you beat Brock with Pikachu?
Get pikachu to electrocute the fire alarm, causing the sprinkler to weaken Onix.

Unless you grind the hell out of pikachu, you probably need a Nidoran with Double Kick and/or a Butterfree with Confusion

Chase17

Amazon is saying it won't send my code for yellow until 3 EST. Looks like I'll be sticking with Fire Emblem tonight.

Hopefully I can make some good progress in yellow tomorrow to celebrate though.

doofy102

So I was going to get this as my first Pokemon game but I guess I should start with Omega Ruby?

Nah, if you want to go with a newer game, at least go with X/Y or Black/White. Omega Ruby is a 2D game that's been converted into 3D and doesn't sit right IMO.

Dad

Anyone know yet if you can send RBY from Pokemon Bank back into the game, or can you only upload into the Bank?

Top Bottom