• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

All these women suddenly confused why other women don't come forward with sexual assault. I feel like we're regressing here as a society.

They are not confused. They are dangerous enablers who were saying, when it felt convenient to them, that all victims should be listened to.

On The Media podcast so far (10 minutes in) is really depressing. Lady talking about how she's been waiting for Trump to talk to her since the 80s, and how PC is killing us.

15 minutes in... this gets worse.

kess

On The Media podcast so far (10 minutes in) is really depressing. Lady talking about how she's been waiting for Trump to talk to her since the 80s, and how PC is killing us.

The WSJ ran some shitty editorial the other day about how PC is causing harm to blind people

pigeon

Banned
Worth noting that none of the GOP caucus disavowed Trump today, even as the allegations poured in. At this point they know for sure that dumping Trump will kill them politically, so they're taking the bet on sticking with a guy they are pretty much confident at this point is a serial sexual assaulter. It's a party of quislings and deserves to die.

the unfortunate answer is that yes, she's corrupt as hell but trump is a million times worse

There's not a shred of real, verifiable evidence that she's "corrupt as hell" beyond gross exaggerations and conclusions based on flaky accusations. If you have something real, do share. I don't think some of you even know the definition of real corruption.

Diablos

Worth noting that none of the GOP caucus disavowed Trump today, even as the allegations poured in. At this point they know for sure that dumping Trump will kill them politically, so they're taking the bet on sticking with a guy they are pretty much confident at this point is a serial sexual assaulter. It's a party of quislings and deserves to die.
And yet it looks like they'll hold the House even if by a narrow margin.

The GOP has no place in 2016 being a major party. It's fucking disgusting. Time to start over, conservative Americans.

pigeon

Banned

The GOP has no place in 2016 being a major party. It's fucking disgusting. Time to start over, conservative Americans.

I don't think the GOP will hold the House. There are three more weeks of this to go.

Again, listening to On the Media podcast this week... I totally forgot about "Barack, the Magic Negro" song. Yikes.

Oh, god, all this Limbaugh quotes... I can't take it. I had purged this crap from my mind 8 years ago!

Edit: I had forgotten so much of this crap. I feel terrible.

https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/status/786707074096963585

Melania Trump threatens to sue people not because the whole sexual assault story but because it said she was friendly to the reporter and Melania says pretty much

giphy.gif

BriGuy

Just dropped off my ballot. I've never voted a straight ticket in my life, but I'm not rewarding anyone even remotely associated with Donald Trump.

Ryan, as well as a fuckload of others, had time to put out bullshit statements of complete outrage about the Clinton campaign attacking the catholic faith based on an out of context email discussion between a couple ppl on her campaign- yet, completely silent today after all these assault victim stories. Priorities.

kevin1025

Banned
Giuliani just said at Trump's rally that Hillary "smashed her phones with a camera --- a hammer!"

He should go home.

Edit: Then he said: "Then she sold 20% of the plutonium to Russia! AND THEN she sold 20% of the plutonium to Russia!"

I think Giuliani-bot should go back to the shop.

Trump's Campaign Is 'Pulling Out of Virginia'

Donald Trump's campaign is "pulling out of Virginia," a move that stunned staff in the battleground state, three sources with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.

The decision came from Trump's headquarters in New York and was announced on a conference call late Wednesday that left some Republican Party operatives in the state blindsided. Two staffers directly involved in the GOP's efforts in Virginia confirmed the decision.

The move to pull out of Virginia shows Trump is "running essentially a four state campaign," with the focus now shifting to battlegrounds critical to his chances in November: Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio, a source with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.

Diablos

I don't think the GOP will hold the House. There are three more weeks of this to go.
I hope you're right. I want strong budgets, more social progress and the ACA is knee deep in shit. The GOP is getting dangerously close to having a good reason to "fix" it.

#WhyWomenDontReport is the top trend on Twitter right now. No woman genuinely doubts the women who came forward because most women have unfortunately had to deal with some degree of sexual assault in their lives.

kirblar

Another click-baity article on 538 on the McMullin scenario.

Like, I get that it is technically possible for this to happen, but in what real world scenario would it actually happen? You hear a lot of talk about people "taking to the streets" over elections when they don't like the outcome, but in my mind you might actually get something like that if the HOR selected a guy who won one state to be president. That would be something that would unite both Trump and Hillary supporters in outrage.
I unfollowed 538 and Nate. I highly recommend it.

Coming to the same conclusion. Trump didn't fall from the sky, after all; he was chosen by the voters. As an institution the GOP has outlived it's usefulness. Tear it all down and start over from scratch.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A candidate whose map is shrinking isn't winning fyi.

The map was always working against him. If Trump were to carry Iowa, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina, he can get the rest of what he needs either through Pennsylvania or Virginia. I suppose the campaign thinks that it can't afford to split their resources between Pennsylvania and Virginia and so it just needed to pick one. And so it picked Pennsylvania.

New? Old? Dunno to be honest

Former Miss Washington among Trump's accusers

A former Miss Washington USA says Donald Trump sexually assaulted her during the 2013 Miss USA pageant.

Casandra Searles has become the latest in a growing number of women to accuse Trump of sexual abuse. The allegations surfaced less than a week after the publication of a 2005 tape showing the Republican presidential nominee laughingly discussing grabbing women “by the pussy.”

Searles appears to have raised the allegations as early as June, posting on Facebook that Trump treated the Miss USA contestants like “cattle.”

“Do y’all remember that one time we had to do our on-stage introduction, but this one guy treated us like cattle and made us do it again because we didn’t look him in the eyes?” a woman now identified as Searles said in the June 17, 2016 post. “Do you also remember when he then proceeded to have us lined up so he could get a closer look at his property? Oh I forgot to mention that guy will be in the running to because the next President of the United States. I love the idea of having a misogynist as the President.”
The post attributed to Searles appeared on Yahoo.com and elsewhere but received little notice until Wednesday’s publication of a Rolling Stone item and a New York Times story on the myriad allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against Trump.

Rolling Stone’s writer noted that Searles added a comment to her post remarking that Trump "probably doesn't want me telling the story about that time he continually grabbed my ass and invited me to his hotel room."

kevin1025

Banned
Trump's Cincinnati rally, he's talking about Bill having "a hard time" with Hillary because of saying ill about Obamacare. Very audibly in the background: "he's a rapist!" These effing people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom