• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of toothless Hill-Billys (75,000 in Portland for OBAMA post #3599)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Who are you?

A guy on the internet, I believe.

I'm sorry I don't see how pulling comments from a clearly radical feminist website is newsworthy, but please explain it to me?

This is a forum, not a newspaper. Most people come here to be entertained.

Banned
maximum360 said:
That's the one thing that annoys me about the MSM, especially cable news. CNN and even MSNBC in some respects are so desperate to get "Fox News" channel ratings that they're slowing being transformed into their likeness (more CNN and less for MSNBC). If Obama ever did such a flip-flop he'd have been crucified by the media. McCain blatantly does it and the "free-pass" express moves on. But yet we have "Sweetie-gate" making primetime news.

With a few exceptions, cable news channels are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
All three of the major networks have followed up on McCain flip-flop, far more than the sweetie-crap.

What are you watching?

reilo said:
Oh Hillary.

"My opponent has won states worth 217 electoral votes."

Oh boy.

What a fucking stupid argument. Someone needs to ask her if she really thinks Obama won't win California and New York in November while she's sitting in front of the tv crying

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
Why do you care enough to post about it?
Becuase at best it's nothing more than a sorry rallying cry. At it's worst it's just stupid.

"Look at those crazy Hillary supporters. I'm so glad we won."
x2 for the next two posts.

icarus-daedelus said:
Obviously, but you don't hate the player, you hate the game.
Someone has to start.

icarus-daedelus said:
Somebody who posts on this website?
Just like me?

maximum360 said:
That's the one thing that annoys me about the MSM, especially cable news. CNN and even MSNBC in some respects are so desperate to get "Fox News" channel ratings that they're slowing being transformed into their likeness (more CNN and less for MSNBC). If Obama ever did such a flip-flop he'd have been crucified by the media. McCain blatantly does it and the "free-pass" express moves on. But yet we have "Sweetie-gate" making primetime news.

With a few exceptions, cable news channels are garbage as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.amazon.com/Free-Ride-John-McCain-Media/dp/0307279405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211063240&sr=8-1

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PhoenixDark said:
What a fucking stupid argument. Someone needs to ask her if she really thinks Obama won't win California and New York in November while she's sitting in front of the tv crying

Those two states put Obama over 300, if by some miracle he wins all the states he won in the primary [which he won't].

reilo said:
Those two states put Obama over 300, if by some miracle he wins all the states he won in the primary [which he won't].

Exactly. I mean, is he going to win Louisiana and SC again in November? Probably not. But he's going to win Cali and NY with his eyes closed

All three of the major networks have followed up on McCain flip-flop, far more than the sweetie-crap.

What are you watching?

Oh please. MSNBC of course covered it. Jack Cafferty will give McCain his due but CNN's coverage of this has been very tame. I don't expect it to get any airtime on the "Fair and Balanced" channel.

Banned
maximum360 said:
Oh please. MSNBC of course covered it. Jack Cafferty will give McCain his due but CNN's coverage of this has been very tame. I don't expect it to get any airtime on the "Fair and Balanced" channel.
Are you watching CNN?

The video where John McCain is being interviewed outside on a snowy hill. They are playing that right after the Obama/McCain/Bush thing. They had that all day yesterday, and when I checked this headline, they didn't pretend it didn't exist.

I have to watch CNN

Another Clinton Superdelegate Switches To Obama

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2004419867_borowitz17.html
Saturday, May 17, 2008

In what some Democratic Party insiders are calling a particularly ominous sign for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, former President Bill Clinton today became the latest superdelegate to switch from Sen. Clinton to her rival, Sen. Barack Obama.

Sources close to the former president said that Bill Clinton had been mulling such a defection for weeks, as early as the night of the Iowa primary, but that he only decided to make his decision public today.

"The American people want change," Bill Clinton said at a news conference in New York. "Lord knows I do."

The former president said that "sometimes, at the end of a race, you have to put an old horse down," adding, "I'm not speaking metaphorically."

Bill Clinton fueled speculation that he was seeking a role in an Obama administration, saying, "I know my way around the Oval Office, and I know how the supersecret double-lock works."

The former president said he would relish a return to the White House, calling his tenure there "good times."

For her part, Sen. Clinton said that the defection of her husband would not deter her from staying in the race, adding, "To my knowledge, he's the only white voter Sen. Obama has."

The New York senator denied that she was playing the race card, arguing, "Every other member of my family is supporting me, and by the way, they're white."

Elsewhere, a defiant John McCain said that his wife would not release her tax returns, "and neither will my girlfriend."

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Trakdown said:
Please tell me you know this was posted by a comedian.

Wait, you think he might genuinely believe that Bill Clinton is going to have his wife euthanised? And missed the subtle bit of the article that says:

Humorist Andy Borowitz is author of "The Republican Playbook." To find out more about Borowitz and read his past columns, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com

AniHawk

maximum360 said:
The Republican party is in serious trouble. Even their own base hates them: http://blog.nrcc.org/comment.cfm?entry_id=400

:lol

It's so great to see these neocons calling McCain a RINO. Their solution? Move even further to the right. They have no idea he's the best thing they have for a nominee, and when he loses, they'll think they were correct all along.

On another note, when was the last time a president in his second term attacked a presidential nominee from another party? How childish.

Deus Ex Machina said:
New York TImes/MSNBC Report On The Clinton Campaign

Key highlights:

Hillary cuts scheduled Oregon trip short to return to Kentucky.

Reporters outnumber supporters 3-1 at rallies.

Campaign changes tone... handwriting on the wall.

Even ardent supporters don't see the point in continuing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24674878/

On the day Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton was endorsed by the governor of North Carolina, a supporter gave her a three-foot-long balloon replica of herself, complete with blond hair, black pantsuit and wide pink smile, which Mrs. Clinton promptly took on her plane and laughingly showed off to reporters.

On Thursday, little more than two weeks later, the doll lay on the sofa by her seat on the plane, shriveled and deflated.

:O

Picks, plz, srsly.

ezekial45

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
capt.8c2447851f2643f196629494e3728105.obama_2008_orjh112.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks at a town hall-style meeting in Roseburg, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.3b68eb960a954a7dbd0580ec8523cc7c.obama_2008_sdjh123.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., leans against the wall while waiting backstage before a rally in Sioux Falls, S.D., Friday, May 16, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.d3d6b8f450d24c29b9b9d7f4d1d90b36.obama_2008_sdjh122.jpg

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waits backstage before a rally in Sioux Falls, S.D., Friday, May 16, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

Obama looks so awesome in almost all of his pictures. I've never seen a president in my lifetime thats so photogenic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-bergmann/mccain-was-in-favor-of-ta_b_102099.html

McCain Was in Favor of Talks with Syria, Despite Saying they Were "Sponsoring and Harboring Terrorists"

After the invasion of Iraq there was much talk among conservatives about invading Syria. Then Secretary of State Colin Powell was heavily criticized for taking a trip to Syria to talk to its leadership. Newt Gingrich said, "The concept of the American secretary of state going to Damascus to meet with a terrorist-supporting, secret-police-wielding dictator is ludicrous."

What did John McCain have to say about the trip? Despite the fact that John McCain believed that Syria was a "state sponsor of terror," was "harboring terrorists," and were sending "Syrians in to fight Americans," he thought it was worth talking to them, saying that Powell's trip was "appropriate." (See below)

McCain is directly contradicting himself by attacking Senator Obama on his plan to confront Iran at the negotiating table. A pattern is emerging. While McCain claims to be a deep foreign policy thinker with positions carefully developed from his quarter century in Washington, the reality seems to be that his positions - when not outright crazy - are often knee-jerk and contradictory - often dictated by what his temperament is at that moment or influenced by how the political winds are moving.

Here are the transcripts:

McCain on Chris Matthews said on April 23, 2003"We know the Syrians allowed, or sent Syrians in to fight Americans." But McCain said that:

"I think it's appropriate that Colin Powell is going there...

MATTHEWS: So you don't agree with Newt Gingrich dumping all over him? You don't agree with Newt Gingrich dumping on the Powell trip?

MCCAIN: You know, Dick -- Richard Armitage is Powell's deputy. And he's a wonderful guy. He served in Vietnam. And he's a really tough guy. And he was quoted someplace today that Newt Gingrich is out of therapy.

McCain added:

Colin Powell is going to look Bashar aside in the eye and say, look, you know. You better clean up your act here. It's a new day in the Middle East. And I think it's entirely appropriate to do that.

Five days earlier on the Today Show on April 18th, McCain said the same thing. When asked how he would proceed with Syria - a country that he believed to be a state-sponsor of terrorism - McCain said he would talk first.

LAUER: Let me ask you about Syria.

Mr. McCAIN: Sure.

LAUER: They have denied possessing weapons of mass destruction, they've also denied harboring any senior members of the Iraqi leader. The US administration says they have evidence to the contrary. How would you proceed with that situation?

Mr. McCAIN: I think it's very appropriate that Colin Powell is going to Syria. I think we should put diplomatic and other pressures on them. It's also a time for Mr. Asad Bashar to realize that he should be more like his father was. I think he's too heavily influenced by a lot of the radical Islamic elements and--and militant groups.

LAUER: Do you think Syria meets the criteria set forth by the president in his post-9/11 address to Congress that they pose an imminent threat to the US in that they are either sponsoring or harboring terrorists?

Mr. McCAIN: I think they're--they're sponsoring and harboring terrorists. I think they have been occupying Lebanon, which should be free and independent for a long time, but I don't think that that means that we will now resort to the military action. We--we can apply a lot of pressure other than military--than the military action. So what I'm saying, we're a long way away from it.

LAUER: Under what circumstances--under what circumstances would you back military action?

Mr. McCAIN: When we've exhausted all other options. And we have a lot of options to--to exercise. And I'm glad Colin Powell's going there, but the Syrians have got to understand there's a new day in the Middle East.

This guy is like a flailing fish out of water, flip-flopping all over the place. His double-speak could be disastrous for him if the media really picks up on it.

mj1108

ezekial45 said:
Obama looks so awesome in almost all of his pictures. I've never seen a president in my lifetime thats so photogenic.

With all of these pictures there needs to be an "Obama-A-Day Calendar". The first day on the calendar can be January 20, 2009.

masud said:
These feminist Clinton supporters are really scaring me. It's seems like they are taking pleasure in the possibility that they could cost Obama the election. How can people be so shortsighted?

Well it's pretty fucked up. Not too long ago the repubs did whatever they could to cost Hillary the nomination. The DNC has to either look sexist or racist. If they cockblock Barrack from the nomination, there would be race riot(s). Sexism will always be seen as "not as bad" as racism. Even though they are equal in terms of being bad. This whole affair just proves those who say the dems would find a way to fuck things up, right. Of course it will be easy to say it's all her fault, but it is so much more than that. Even just the little seemingly innocent things all add up to this huge mess. There is catalyst, though. I knew there would be a huge chain reaction caused by that person, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

laserbeam said:
Its not Cynicism when its true. All you hear is Hilary has a horrible plan. My Plan is better. Then silence as no plan is presented.

Its all about who can manipulate the voting body the best. Once upon a time Politicians actually laid out what they had planned for their time as President.

Now its all about getting the headline saying so and so is a moron and it works because even people on gaf are like haha that Obama got Bush good. Wheres the talk about stuff that matters like you know what the fuck Obama actually plans to do.

Obviously They need to be flexible and ready to alter plans etc as matters change but how about we have details on what you have in mind. This day and Age Elections are won on who can look smarter and bullshit better rather then who will do a better job and who has plans to fix what they say is wrong

Another thing that worries me is if either one of these two dems became president now and screwed up, then people will use that as an excuse to bash the idea of a non-white, non-male candidate in the future.

Assuming Hillary is out of the game (doesn't clinch the nomination, isn't Obama's VP), is there currently any other woman in America, from whichever party, with a shot at the White House in the not so distant future? Preferably not one who just happens to be married to a famous politician?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Instigator said:
Assuming Hillary is out of the game (doesn't clinch the nomination, isn't Obama's VP), is there currently any other woman in America, from whichever party, with a shot at the White House in the not so distant future? Preferably not one who just happens to be married to a famous politician?
Kathleen Sebelius is likely on Obama's short list for VP

Arde5643

Instigator said:
My vote's for Sebelius.

grandjedi6

Instigator said:
I keep seeing her name pop up in this topic, but I've never heard about her elsewhere.

Governor of Kansas, gave Democrat rebuttal to Bush's latest State of the Union address, former chair of the Democratic Governors Association and frequently listed on VP speculation/good politician lists. These are all signs of an up and coming politician. Now whether she ends up as a Senator or a VP pick is still to be seen

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Triumph said:
Love Ron Paul's profile :lol

Vulnerabilities: People may decide they like roads
Ron Paul on the Iraq War: Opposes it for some complicated libertarian reason best explained in a rambling, discursive way by your office I.T. guy.

John McCain on Foreign Affairs: Will not meet with with leaders of unfriendly states, unless it's to give them a head's up that the United States is about to bomb them.

grandjedi6

Hillary Clinton on Health Care: "I am the only candidate who can claim experience on the issue of health care: an experience of glaring, humiliating failure dating back more than a decade."

Obama on Immigration: Would refuse to allow Kenyans to come to America, father children, abandon children, attend Harvard PhD programs, and return to Kenya

Obama on Foreign Affairs: Guarantees improved relations with Kenya, Indonesia, Hawaii, and Illinois.

McCain on the Climate: Is against any kind of change at all.

Banned
thekad said:
avatar is a Ron Paul supporter; he has nothing to be happy about. So his bitchiness is understandable.
Starcraft2 is coming out this year,my life is already 1/10 complete.

but :lol at thekad pretending he has the brain capacity to understand anything about people who are libertarians.

Obama Makes the Top 25 Fittest Men - Men's Fitness Magazine @ 5

http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/287
They're running for president, chasing Olympic gold, and cavorting with lions. They're acting, dropping rhymes, and cooking up healthy dishes. They're ballers, badasses, and one of them is even Bond. Whether in business, boxing, or on the big screen, each of these guys rule in and out of the gym.

1. Tiger Woods
2. Wladimir Klitschko, 32 - The Boxer
3. Curtis Stone, 32 - The Chef
4. Flo Rida, 28 - The Rapper

# 5. Barack Obama, Age 46 - The Candidate
It takes a certain stamina to endure months of 16-hour days in pursuit of the land's highest office.
Obama is not the first politician dedicated to fitness, but the Illinois senator starts every day
with a morning workout, whether it's machines at the hotel gym or a brisk 45-minute run.

He's also quit smoking. Obama can be excused for enjoying the occasional state-fair corn dog
because he mostly stays away from fatty foods. He's also, as we've seen, a bit of a baller.
Nicknamed "Barry O'Bomber" for his jump shot, the former high school hoopster now
releases stress during pickup games-including one on every primary day.

"He's wiry-looking but actually pretty strong," former Duke player and Obama staffer
Reggie Love has said. "And he hates losing. He plays hard." Now that we know.
428px-BarackObama-Basketball.jpg

GhaleonEB

Obama updated his pledged delegate totals to reflect the pick ups from the last page. 14.5 to go until the majority of pledged delegates. Doesn't change when he gets it, of course. But it's tantalizingly close.

And only 115 to go for the nomination.

Triumph

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Obama updated his pledged delegate totals to reflect the pick ups from the last page. 14.5 to go until the majority of pledged delegates. Doesn't change when he gets it, of course. But it's tantalizingly close.

And only 115 to go for the nomination.
I'm hoping that the super floodgates really open after he clinches the pledged delegate lead.

tnw

Banned
I just donated to the Obama Campaign! Thank you internets :D

Only $25, but it's a start. I might give more during the GE.

McCain, in his interview with Glamour Magazine, had this to say when asked if he felt that Hillary Clinton was being unfairly picked on.

You know, I don’t know because I’m not objective enough to make the judgment. I simply don’t know. But I know the one thing that I try to avoid in my campaigns is feeling sorry for myself. It’s easy to do, pick up the paper this morning, read a story that’s negative, ‘Oh, my God, they’re picking on me.’ You just can’t do that. You just can’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom