• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polish Analyst Predicts Q4 2019 as Release Window for Cyberpunk 2077

Exentryk

This is a prediction/opinion of stockwatch.pl, a Polish investment analysis firm.

An excerpt from their report:

xvi0ooof4t421.png

Translation by a reddit user (a native polish speaker and a translator, but please take it with a grain of salt):
Cyberpunk 2077 vs RDR2: We're keeping to the estimation of a debut in Q4 of 2019, with sales of 19 million copies in Q4 alone, and income of 1.9 billion PLN (about 525 million USD). During a conference call, the Board has confirmed that quality remains the absolute highest priority for CD Projekt, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be no less elaborate and polished than RDR2. For comparison, the sales of RDR2 (gross) was 725 million USD within the first three days after it shipped, 15 million copies within the first eight days, and 17 million copies within the first twelve days (data from Take Two). The game was released only on PS4 and Xbox One consoles. With that in mind, our forecasts for CP2077 seem very reserved - remember the game will be simultaneously both on the consoles [PS4 and XBO] and PC. We also believe that the world of Cyberpunk / sci-fi should be more popular among gamers than the Wild West.

Other info from this report, as posted by the reddit user:
So basically this comes from stockwatch.pl, a pretty recommendable source of stock market information.

Besides what's translated above, the main tenets of the document are:

• Gwent: it's too early to tell, with the marketing campaign still on-going. Gwent is seen as a strategic experiment in the F2P multiplayer market, highly possibly before other F2P games from CDP(R). The sales are below expectations, with forecasts for downloads being lowered from 1 million to 0.5 million per year. It's not alarming, though.
  • Gwent Thronebreaker: the sales are below expectations. The main marketing campaign is over, the upcoming sales will primarily come from promotional sales (nothing is planned at the moment). New campaigns may be worked on and released, but it's tied to the overall sales of Thronebreaker. The forecasts are lowered to 200k copies in Q4 2018 (from 500k), and to 200k per year starting in 2019 (from 1 million per year).
  • The stock value of CDP dropped by 33% lately, but it's correlated with a general drop of 20% within the whole sector and should not be alarming by itself.
  • The success of RDR2 indicates that there's still a big market for large single-player AAA games, and the very success of RDR2 [and God of War, with its accolades - my addition] forecasts a huge success for CP2077.
  • The recommendation of stockwatch.pl regarding CDP(R) stock is being changed from 'Neutral' to 'Purchase', indicating an elevation in trust for market stock of the company (good news for CDP(R) and their fans) - the stock value should rise ~38% rather soon.

Via Reddit

Last edited:

Filben

I was floored by some of the animation work in the gameplay trailer. Can't wait to see more!
If they keep that up the entire game, what I'm hoping for, they'll set up new standards in character-interaction and immersion -- be gone with these static dialogues in RPGs!

Laplasakos

After they announced their distribution partners in the US and EU i thought that the game would be out by fall 2019, so this prediction seems very likely.

Cosmogony

Kyle Rowley's departure might indicate the need for a high-level designer is over, thus giving further credence to the Q4 2019 release date.

Shame, it seems both Gwent and Thronebreaker are underperforming. I did think the marketing for the latter was oddly mild. I'm still waiting for anything on that other IP that is to be released before 2021. My guess is that it'll be a Witcher spin-off, adopting the new Witcher Tales brand, a game with Iorveth as the protagonist. I could be off by a mile, though.

Ballthyrm

Absolutely! I was floored by some of the animation work in the gameplay trailer. Can't wait to see more!

Don't get your hopes up, they show only what they want you to see.
All that stuff has to be either moCap or animated by hand.

Sure they can do that for the main campaign but if they want 100 hours of gameplay something has to give.
There is no magic Animate button and even CDPR has limited supply of animators.

Exentryk

Don't get your hopes up, they show only what they want you to see.
All that stuff has to be either moCap or animated by hand.

Sure they can do that for the main campaign but if they want 100 hours of gameplay something has to give.
There is no magic Animate button and even CDPR has limited supply of animators.
Witcher 3 was quite good with the animations even for its simplest quests. So even if the smaller stuff might not be as good as that, it still should be good.

EDMIX

Thought this game was gonna be next gen? Amazing if it can run on a base Xbox One

? huh? Ummmm ok.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/15/e3-2018-cyberpunk-2077-is-targeting-current-gen-consoles

https://exputer.com/cyberpunk-2077-optimized-pc/

So not only can it run on the base XB and PS4, it was never stated it couldn't, wouldn't etc Nothing I've seen from Cyberpunk 2077 is even remotely questionable in terms of what we've seen in games this gen. Not in features, graphics, concept etc By that logic, FFXV, Hitman 1 and 2, God Of War, Horizon etc are "next gen". So I see nothing amazing on this running on XBONE or PS4 as you'd first have to even show what is even happening in the game that would suggest its not able to run on XBONE?

MadYarpen

FWIW they are hiring a release manager, so that can point to a... release.

Also, I've seen a job advertisement for an artist who would desiogn in-game adverts. I assume this is also a thing you can do close to a release, not much sense to design them early in the development.

Personally I think this will be early 2020 title. Wouldn't mind 2019 of course.

Also I don't think they can afford 2021.

? huh? Ummmm ok.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/15/e3-2018-cyberpunk-2077-is-targeting-current-gen-consoles

https://exputer.com/cyberpunk-2077-optimized-pc/

So not only can it run on the base XB and PS4, it was never stated it couldn't, wouldn't etc Nothing I've seen from Cyberpunk 2077 is even remotely questionable in terms of what we've seen in games this gen. Not in features, graphics, concept etc By that logic, FFXV, Hitman 1 and 2, God Of War, Horizon etc are "next gen". So I see nothing amazing on this running on XBONE or PS4 as you'd first have to even show what is even happening in the game that would suggest its not able to run on XBONE?

Exactly, after journalist's hype we were expecting somthing outworldly. And it turned out to be fucking impressive, but I think it is within reach of current gen. Not sure I'm happy about it though.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Honestly I wish they would just skip this gen and release exclusively next gen. We've hit the limit of what the PS4/Xbone is capable of.

Don't gimp your game to run on these 5 year old machines CD Project! Give us next gen or nothing!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Honestly I wish they would just skip this gen and release exclusively next gen. We've hit the limit of what the PS4/Xbone is capable of.

Don't gimp your game to run on these 5 year old machines CD Project! Give us next gen or nothing!
I agree. I don't want to play this on current gen hardware.

2019 release this year on current gen.

2020 re-release were the guns are digitally replaced with walkie-talkies for next gen.

They mention RDR because the R* model is: "why sell it once, when we can sell it twice at full price :)"

Top Bottom