• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: [Trump is causing] "RNC staff on the edge of mutiny.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mii

Banned
How about a Time cover instead?

trump-melt-final.jpg

This is fantastic. I'm going to assume I missed the thread on this.

Gutek

Ohhh I don't think so. He gets far enough behind and the party will hang him out to dry.

We hear news like this every week and nothing ever happens. People have stern talks with him, meet with him, criticize him - but in the end they don't rescind their endorsements, and nothing of consequence happens.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
"The RNC-They're losers by the way- they didn't support me, the nominee. The RNC didn't support me. Those Republicans didn't support the nominee they chose to lead this country. They're losers. Hillary Clinton? She's a crook! She's practically pulled the strings over Priebus. Paid-off Priebus. He's paid off by Crooked HIllary! We don't want any of those people leading our country. Not losers and not crooks, or paid off whiners. They owe everything to me this year, and they abandoned me. Don't even vote for those losers, and don't vote for crooked Hillary, and don't vote for paid-off Priebus."

I want this to happen.

What are the republicans supposed to do. Like it or not the guy running for your highest position represents who you are as a party. The fact you want him to quit means you literally have no party, you have to own this decision. RIP Republican party, I couldn't have hated you more. Hope who ever replaces you are.... at least some what human.

Edit: I don't want trump to drop, please god give me that one final debate with him and Hilldawg!

FStubbs

I'm pro-life, but like the guys said in the other thread.

Republicans must be forced to carry their candidates to term, even if there is the risk of death of the party.

Their base, their voters wanted Trump, they got him. The RNC has to ride him out.

where's that "conspiracy you kinda believe" thread? I keep adding to my "Clinton/Trump conspired together to throw the election" pile, lol.

ajf009

"The RNC-They're losers by the way- they didn't support me, the nominee. The RNC didn't support me. Those Republicans didn't support the nominee they chose to lead this country. They're losers. Hillary Clinton? She's a crook! She's practically pulled the strings over Priebus. Paid-off Priebus. He's paid off by Crooked HIllary! We don't want any of those people leading our country. Not losers and not crooks, or paid off whiners. They owe everything to me this year, and they abandoned me. Don't even vote for those losers, and don't vote for crooked Hillary, and don't vote for paid-off Priebus."

Too much connected thought, not enough repetition. I like it though, B+

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
where's that "conspiracy you kinda believe" thread? I keep adding to my "Clinton/Trump conspired together to throw the election" pile, lol.

It was in the incredibly unlikely realm of plausibility until that second amendment 'almost overt' threat towards Clinton and/or Supreme court justices. That kinda shit the bed on the remaining sliver of that being a possibility.

Forkball

They say this every month and nothing happens.

I want Paul Ryan to throw a banquet in Trump's honor, give him a thumbs up, and then slowly turn it down right before Chris Christie power bombs him through a table.

So, why are things going so bad suddenly? Felt like he just continued to be himself, but things turned worse for him over the last week or two. What is the shift?

So, why are things going so bad suddenly? Felt like he just continued to be himself, but things turned worse for him over the last week or two. What is the shift?

He did continue to be himself. The problem was the RNC came and went, which meant there was no more candidates for people to compare him to, and everybody began to realize this was actually a step away now from being an entire country's leader. The comments that continued to come unbuffered began to horrify more people than normal

And then he said that not-slick assassination shit, and (deservedly) everyone flipped out in unison

Flo_Evans

I want to be a fly on the wall when they're arguing about how much money to give Trump to get off the ticket.

What if the plan all along was to blackmail the republican mega donors.

At 1st he was just threating a 3rd party spoiler, then he accidentally won the damn thing. Now he is torpedoing the party, hoping for some go away money and then he can fake a heart attack or something to gracefully drop out.

#theartofthedeal

It all still feels way too soon.

I fear a recovery.

Please be wrong, me.
I don't think a recovery is possible.

Imagine the depths of damage control that would be necessary after a week of this shitlord in office. Seven days of this guy with some real power, when even his words would need to be taken as seriously as the grave, much less the beginnings of whatever first 100 day plan he's supposedly got.

It wouldn't be some jackass imploding his political campaign and his personal reputation, he'd be directly damaging the US and its interests and relationships both domestically and around the world.

kevin1025

Banned
This election may very well be the best reality TV show ever.

I'm slowly coming to the realization this is all a reality show called The President that will air next spring.

It all still feels way too soon.

I fear a recovery.

Please be wrong, me.

Late reply, but Trump this evening said, and I am paraphrasing or super close, "I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing."

Even with this meeting already scheduled, he said this.

Who was the poster who said he and his family were freaking out during the RNC? I'm curious what he's thinking now and if he's more optimistic a month after Trump's speech?

Sciz

I have faith in the GOP's ability to waffle and hesitate to take decisive action until it's far too late to do anything.

AxelFoley

Fron my estimate the biggest variables are:

1) the southern strategy which enabled the most bigoted and outspoken of the base to have equal footing in the legitimacy of their beliefs.

2) Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc. Their dialogue, fear mongering, and ability to evade facts led to a normalcy to spouting bullshit.

3) White national response to a bubbling culture war due to whites losing their footing as seperate from justic and huge privelage.

When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

whoop-there-it-is.gif

These three things happened in quick succession:

1. RNC was a completely tone-deaf clusterfuck. His "I alone can fix it" got a lot of people legit shook with how authoritarian he was sounding. For many people, that's when reality set in that the man is a lunatic.
2. DNC went much better than anyone expected, and they fucking went IN on Trump for 4 days
3. Trump almost immediately got into a spat with the Khan family, couldn't stop himself even after everyone around him told him to cut it out

Everything that has happened since has been Trump just continuing to swim in the shit he took.

watershed

Banned
Great TIME cover. I hope it gets under his skin and he complains and says TIME is a struggling magazine. They're so dishonest. etc.

Kibbles

god, we could lose him too, plus Rick Scott's supposed to be out as well? if we could manage this + medical marijuana this round, it'd be such a great clean sweep
I thought Marco quit politics? Didn't he say he was going to live as a private citizen and away from politics after he dropped out of the race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom